“Service good but food is average”
Review of Spice South Indian Cusine - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Spice South Indian Cusine
Cuisines: Indian
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Service good but food is average”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

After great experience 7 months ago we went back to this place. We noticed a difference in food taste (same dishes ordered as last time) and the new dishes were not that great. I want to be fair and state that the overall taste is still better than some other Indian restaurants in the Charlotte area but still the quality wasn't as good as our first experience. Maybe they have changed the cook or something else has changed. Unfortunately another Indian restaurant is off our list.

Visited August 2012

“Service is horfiable”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Service and attitude towards ser ice is horrible food is ok. I will spend my $ some where else.

Kernersville, NC
“Very tasty - but oh, the heartburn!”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I'll begin this by admitting this is my experience only. I almost never have heartburn from food, but I could tell literally during the second bite that this food was going to burn. Spice South has a buffet at lunch, with probably 8-10 Indian entrees, with white rice and wild rice. I'm new with Indian cuisine, but I remember that there was chicken tikka marsala, chicken vindaloo, and tandoori chicken among other dishes, and all were quite flavorful. Somewhat spicy, but not overpoweringly so. There was also a delicious dessert on the buffet, but I didn't get its name. We asked our waiter about a couple of the items, and he was new there and was still learning about Indian food. That was disappointing. All in all, it was a good experience, I enjoyed the food...but I suffered through 1 extra strength Pepcid AC and three Tums. As I said, it may have just been me. I encourage you to try this restaurant for yourself, as they say "Your results may differ."

• Visited April 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great food, great service, and nice restaurant”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Based on a recommendation from someone we decided to try this place after being disappointed at many area Indian restaurants. Nice restaurant and were very pleasantly surprised by the great tasting food. It took a while for the order to come out as we had a large group and we were quietly hoping that the time taken to prepare would mean freshly prepared and good tasting food. It was! Usually we do not pack the left overs at other restaurants but this time we did. Service was nice also. The only thing we didn't like was the desert selection and taste. First we were informed that some deserts in the menu were not available. Once ordered they came back and told us that the particlular ice cream had melted. Ordered gazar halwa which was bad tasting. But overall a great experience and great tasting main course meal. Will definitely go back again.

• Visited February 2012
“Really enjoyed my meal”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I visited on a Thursday afternoon while the lunch buffet was being served. I thought the food tasted wonderful. The dishes were very fresh and had excellent flavor. The buffet offered an excellent selection of dishes. I will definitely be back for buffet, and also plan on trying dinner one night as well.

• Visited February 2012