“Great Pasta, Cool Delivery”
Review of Vapiano Charlotte

Vapiano Charlotte
Ranked #132 of 2,427 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Third Ward
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stopped in during lunch with a business associate. The process was a bit confusing at first, but once we got it, it was a blast. You get a card when you enter from the host/hostess (think Katz Deli in NYC) and saunter up to either the pizza or pasta stations. There I ordered Chicken Alfredo, got to select the type of pasta I wanted from a card on the wall and then watched as my Pasta was boiled in an automatic pasta machine and the contents were prepared in a cooker at the station. It was very much like a pasta bar at a hotel conference. The pasta, the interior, the service and the location were of a very high quality.

I will go back again when I am in the area.

There are newer reviews for Vapiano Charlotte

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were visiting friends who had just move from Peru to the Charlotte area and decided to visit downtown Charlotte for lunch. Our friends had not visit downtown and I had not been there for serval years. We wanted to have a nice lunch and catch up on how they were liking the U.S. We looked at several places but when saw Vapiano's we had to try it. After figuring out how everything worked, ordering your food from the chef who is making it we got started. The concept of watching a chef prepare your food was fun and interesting. The food was great Italian fare. The prices were reasonable and all our dishes were very tasty. I highly recommend Vapiano's for a fun, tasty and unique dining experience .

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a really neat restaurant concept. When you enter you are given a card to capture all of your purchases (run a tab). You go from station to station making selections (drinks, salads, pastas, pizzas, etc.). As you select items your card is swipped and that item is added to your tab. I had the chimichurri chicken pasta, very good.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Vapiano provides a wonderful setting for a business meeting, a family meal or a date. The indoor seating is comfortable and the food is delicious. The outdoor seating is a perfect place for people watching over a glass of wine in Uptown Charlotte.

The cafeteria style approach is not typically my favorite, but everything else about this spot was cool so I can play along.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Love this place for a good fresh salad...their pizza quite good too. Great model combining cafeteria style with fresh prepared food. Great for business, family or friends. Please keep growing. Some of the US chain restaurants could learn from them.

Been to Vapiano Charlotte? Share your experiences!