“Customer Service is Important”

TownePlace Suites Charlotte University Research Park
Ranked #111 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My daughter in stayed at this hotel after visiting UNCC for a college tour. We arrived around 3 for check in. It was a Saturday and it had snowed earlier in the week and the parking lot still had snow and ice, I almost fell getting out of my car. I go to check in and the associate acted as if me checking in was an Inconvenience to her. She did not greet me, she did not smile once, she wasn't pleasant at all.

The room was nice, clean and comfortable. I did call for an extra blanket and it came almost immediately so I loved that. The location was GREAT!! Close to UNCC and so many places to eat and about 15 minutes or less from Uptown.

When checking out I encountered the same associate that I did during chek in, she was the same.

I would stay there again but hopefully my check in and check out experience could be a lot more pleasant. Hopefully greeted with a 'Welcome to Townplace Suites, how are you today' and 'How may I help you' and a 'Did you enjoy your stay'....something.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jaime S
jason u, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Charlotte University Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our Hotel. I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you felt with our guest service. This is something we take very seriously and in this case we failed you. I have used your comments to better instill in my staff the importance of friendly and efficient guest service. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you again.

Jason Urschel
Towneplace Suites by Marriott Charlotte University
(704) 548 - 0388

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I've stayed a couple times in this TownePlace. It is well located with enough distance from the highway and main road so that noise outside noise isn't a problem. Smooth check-in and check-outs. Rooms are clean and well maintained. Breakfast is about what you would expect- cereal, fruit waffle, etc. Free wifi is decent. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank kitzmillers
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been staying at the Towne Place Suites for nearly five years. We stay there every time we visit our daughter in Charlotte. The rooms are clean, the rates are unbelievably reasonable, and every member of the desk staff is incredibly kind and helpful. We love having a room with a love seat and refrigerator, but these rooms also have a chair, desk and chair, dorm-size fridge, stove, and sink. We have told our daughter not to move too far away, because we are in love with this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Smbc2013
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed at this hotel two weekends ago.....AGAIN, the staff was excellent, everyone was very polite and helpful. Breakfast was good!
Our room was very clean and had NO problems with anyone.
Felt very safe staying there.....

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Charlotte area!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I would reccommend this place for a short stay. We had absolutely no issues at all with the property. The bed was very comfortable and the place was clean and bright. There were plenty of towels and wash cloths available as requested (good job). The front desk staff is lacking a bit for my taste but not horrible. They were not inviting and cheerful as most front desk reception people are. They were sort of stone faced and cold.

Oh almost forgot.......

I walked over to the office grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and said charge it to my room. The lady at the front desk simply said what's your room number. I replied 118 and she said ok.

Never asked for ID or at least that I had a valid key for 118. ???????

Not good so be sure to check your bill upon check out.

Room Tip: Corner suite was supurb!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is clean, the breakfast offerings are great, but the staff is what stands out! Louis, Michael, Tanika at the front desk; the breakfast lady, housekeeping staff. Everyone of them were professional and very caring & competent. The hotel is safe and clean & centrally located.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 21, 2013

During a stay for a weekend trip to Charlotte, we stayed at this hotel. On the surface things looked clean. However, when looking for something that we thought had fallen behind the baseboard, we were HORRIFIED to find a large dark stain on the top of the mattress, headboard and box spring, not a small stain, this was something that was large enough to stain 40% of this area!!!

My children and I were greeted each day by the smell of marijuana in the elevator and hallway along with trash in the elevator for two days. The evening front staff member was VERY rude, disrespectful and not very helpful. The breakfast was ok, nothing that I would have expected. I felt like we were staying in what could be characterized as a homeless shelter. This was not what I expected from Marriott, it was a 1 star experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tracyh805
jason u, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Charlotte University Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We rely heavily on our guest feedback in order to improve. Please call me directly when you have a moment, I would like to discuss your recent experience with our hotel.

Jason Urschel