“Great” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #100 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Missouri
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2010

I found all the staff bending over backwards to please. They were dedicated, alert and looking for ways to be helpful and ways to please guests!

Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2009

When my husband and I arrived, we were happy to have a hotel far enough from traffic that you didn't hear trucks and cars passing by, but close enough to the highway & main roads to be convenient. The staff was incredibly pleasant and helpful, having a book full of driving directions ready to take us anywhere in the city. The room was larger than we expected with a full kitchen, microwave, dishwasher, the works! The nice new TV kept my husband entertained while I lounged at the pool, which to my great suprise was not flooded with screaming children! While there aren't many restaurants or convenience stores within walking distance, the shopping areas nearby had everything we wanted! Breakfast was good, DIY waffles! While not a full-service Marriott, this hotel was more than we expected and everything we needed!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

After reading several reviews we decided to stay there. What a disappointment. The rooms smelled like pets and the floors were still wet from them cleaning them. The breakfast area is so small that it would not hold more than 4 people. The selections were also very limited. Location to Carowinds is great but there are many other hotels to choose from.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Columbus, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

Good: Clean grounds, rooms and a very friendly staff. Pet friendly. Next door to Starbucks, Applebee's and a couple other restaurants. Good breakfast in the morning. Beds were comfortable and there are flat panel TVs in all the rooms. Kitchen was well stocked and clean.
Bad: Walls are paper thin. We were kept up by the group next door making food in their kitchen at midnight. Groups of people partying outside at the gazebo area drinking and eating make for an uneasy feeling when staying with very young children.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DELAWARE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2009

My friend and I stayed for 5 days over Halloween 2008. The suite was a very pleasant surprise. Suite had a sofa bed and large bed. Flat screen TV that would swivel for bedroom or living room viewing. Large computer desk and ample closet for out stay. Kitchen was clean and contained all items needed to cook and eat. (I do not cook but if I did, the tools were available)

Nice bathroom with great water pressure in our shower. Hairdryer on bathroom wall.

The grounds were well kept and the staff was very friendly. Breakfast was nice. Make your own waffles in addition to pastries and cereal. Cafeteria style breakfast room with flat screen tv.

Washer and dryer on site. Small fitness area. Computer and printer available in the lobby for the guest. Very nice room close to shopping. Gas grill and picnic area across from the main entrance. The pool was closed due to late Oct/ early Nov stay.

Hotel was exactly as described.

Would love to stay here again. Very cozy!!!!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BEAUTYPAGEANTQUEEN
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2007

This is in a great location - right off I-77 and near plenty of restaurants. My introduction to the property was a VERY torn up lobby they are in the process of remodeling. It was no big deal - the staff was very nice. Note that the fitness room is not available at this time (until after remodel).

I was not happy when they put me in a handicapped room without telling me. When I got to my room (across the parking lot) and discovered this, I called the front desk. They told me this was ALL they had unless I wanted to change rooms later in the day. Considering I am a Gold Marriott Rewards member and the reservations was booked weeks earlier, I expected a bit more.

The rooms are outdated. I think after the lobby, the are doing the rooms next. Alebit small, they are funcational and perfect for a short stay.

Next time in the area, I'm going to try the Courtyard next door. I'll give this place another try after the remodel is done!

Stayed October 2007
Purcellville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2007

I chose this hotel so my one-year-old could have his own room and it was definitely worth it. He could go to bed when he was tired and the rest of us could stay up without disturbing the Little One. It was great being able to watch TV while sitting on a sofa instead of on the bed like at most hotels. The quiet location was easy to access from the freeway, but you had to drive to get to a restaurant.

• Liked — Separate bedrooms
  • Disliked — Beds were too soft.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family