“Stayed one night for a concert”

Sonesta ES Suites Charlotte
Ranked #25 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We had an amazing stay.....As soon as we walked in we were greeted with friendly and professional staff..The room was very spacious and VERY clean. The hotel provided actual complimentary breakfast , not the expected cereal, or bagels! We highly recommend YOU to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
1  Thank Jarrett S
Christine C, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you so much Jarrett S for your wonderful review of our Sonesta ES Suites Hotel. The entire staff are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel prides itself on customer service and we only wish that you could have stayed longer than one night. Since we are a new brand, we are especially grateful that guests like yourself will help us to spread the word. Please let us know when you will be back in the area so that we can "Welcome you home again".

Reviewed December 6, 2012

The room was spacious, clean and smelled fresh. The bathroom was very clean, the bed was comfy. The only negative, the walls are a bit thin and we could hear another couple having a great time(a lot of yes yes and oh oh) at 12 am when we were walking by in the hall. Other than that, the stay was worth it, the breakfast bar was well tended and was very good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you so much, Elizabeth S for your lovely review of our hotel. It is always great to get positive feedback from our guests and really appreciate that you took the time to let us know how your stay was. We are a new hotel brand (since June 2012) and are delighted to have ambassadors such as yourself spreading the Sonesta ES Story. One of our trademarks is our Sonesta Bed, I am so pleased that you found it so comfortable. We look forward to your return trip to Charlotte!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Hotel staff is very rude food is rotten maids walk around in bedroom slippers. As I was eating their so called dinner I was approached by someone brandishing a prison id hotel staff never questioned them or asked them to leave. I will never stay there again very unprofessional. Don't eat the chicken mystery meat I got sick from it. I wish it was still stay bridge it was much better then stay away om this one

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel hotel staff is rude food is rotten and they walk around in bedroom slipper...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Terri P

Dear Terry P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback on our hotel. I am very disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectations, especially as you mentioned that you had stayed with us on a previous occasion and enjoyed that visit.

I would like to apologize to you on behalf of the entire Sonesta ES Suites Team. We are very proud of our hotel and we let you down by not providing the level of service that we are known for. I have shared your comments and we are using this as a learning tool amongst the staff.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel, so that you can experience the level of service that we pride ourselves on. We have recently added some new items to our Evening Social and our Breakfast and now feature PJ's Coffee from New Orleans.

Please let me know when you will be back in Charlotte so that I can personally make your reservation.

Thank you for sharing your story with us,

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Sonesta is conveniently located off of Exit 3 of I-77. I stayed there on a Tuesday night. Once I turned onto the main road leading to the hotel, I could tell by the location that it wasn't going to be one of the nicest hotels I'd ever stayed in. Traffic however was easy to maneuver. Once I turned into the parking lot I noticed a Hotel "banner" draping the entrance, instead of a sign. Parking wasn't an issue. I parked directly in front of the entrance and check-in was flawless (I booked through Expedia). My room was prepaid, and the very friendly staff told me that they would be serving complimentary snacks in the lobby during the evening, and breakfast the following morning (all included with your stay). I skipped on the evening snacks, but for that particular night they were serving Nachos with cheese and salsa. The lobby looked decent, but once you entered the hallway you could tell that this hotel had seen better days. It had a run down feeling to it. Definitely could have used a brighter coat of paint and brighter lights.The room itself was VERY spacious. The appliances and TVs were again a little dated and worn, but served their purpose. The digital thermostat on the wall worked well and kept my suite at a comfortable temperature. I had one issue with a light bulb and maintenance was sent up almost immediately to address the issue. The bed was very comfortable, their was an abundance of pillows and extras in the closet if you needed more. The bathroom was your basic light counter-top with mirror. However, the shower-head was absolutely fabulous. The following morning, check out was flawless, but before hitting the road I did have breakfast. On that particular morning breakfast was grits, chicken, biscuits, eggs, cereal, milk, juices, coffee, etc. Overall, the room was decent, the staff very friendly and the breakfast was great.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pjbracey
Christine C, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you so much, pjbracey for your feedback! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do pride ourselves on our friendly staff which is something that Sonesta is known for throughout our brand. I am also delighted that our showerhead was a hit! Since you have stayed with us we have installed our permanent lighted Sonesta ES sign and are currently working on a number of repairs and enhancements to the hotel and grounds. We believe that you will be very pleased with the results.

Please let me know when you will be back in Charlotte and I will look forward to welcoming you back to Sonesta ES Suites!

Regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed two nights. Nice suite set up. Very clean. The people working there are very friendly and helpful. Breakdast was typical for this type of hotel, though we kind of expected biscuits and gravy (better for the waisteline that they did not have them). Evening pulled pork was quite good. Just Sourh of Charlotte.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lhjraffe
Christine C, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear lhjraffe,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay at the Sonesta ES Suites. I will let our Evening Social host, Carmen know that you enjoyed her pulled pork, she will be pleased that it was enjoyed, along with our breakfast. We do rotate our breakfast menu as well as our Evening Social, so just let me know when you are coming back and we will prepare something splendid for you. Just let Carmen and I know when you are coming!

Regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Our Church Youth group stayed here on a trip to the US National Whitewater Center in Charlotte. We found the rooms to be nice/clean and roomy enough to
sleep up to 7. The breakfast was more than expected and the kids really filled up for the day's events. The pool area was a nice place to relax and have our devotion time, nice and quiet. Charlie greeted us and went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed, He has to be the best greeter/front desk person I have ever encountered., hope he is there when we come back. One little note..a couple of the bathrooms smelled like cigarette smoke? Perhaps these rooms were smoking rooms at one time under previous ownership( now Sonesta ES Suites) ..Will stay again next time...
Ken Y. from Summerfield NC

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Heddle,

Thank you so much for staying with us during your visit to Charlotte, I am so pleased that your group enjoyed their stay. We find that groups like yourself really enjoy the hotel due to the full kitchens and extra spacious suites, especially our two bedroom suites. It is great that you also got to relax in our Courtyard. and enjoy the pool. I will pass your commments on to Charlie, he is one of our biggest assets at the hotel, he makes sure that every guest is given information on the local area, recommends attractions and is fabulous with Restaurant suggestions.

Please consider coming back with your group - perhaps for a visit to some of the other great attractions in Charlotte! Please let me (or Charlie) know when you are coming back and we will look forward to welcoming you to your home away from home in Charlotte.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I travel 200 or more days per year and have stayed in hotels all over the US and Europe. This Staybridge does not meet the standards that I expect from the brand. Staybridges are usually very nice and a good value. The room had new carpet but smelled like an old refrigerator and the walls were cracked and dirty along with fixtures covered in lint and dust. The hallways are very dirty and appear to have not been vacuumed for some time. This is probably the dirtiest hotel I've stayed in and it seems as though the staff doesn't care. I suppose if you are in a pinch and need to get off the interstate and sleep for the night it will do but I would not recommend spending time there if you have other options.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business