Sonesta ES Suites Charlotte
Omni Charlotte Hotel(Charlotte)
$229
$179
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$96
$250
$227
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbasketball courtfront deskbedroom suitefull kitchenhome away from homegreat place to stayawesome stayextended stayexercise roomfree breakfasthot breakfastdefinitely stay here againrooms are spaciousstayed one nighteasy accessyogurtstaff was friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We love staying in Staybridges & do so often. We were greeted by Charlie, who smiled & thanked us for our choice of staying in this Staybridge. We stayed on minimal points & this hotel was a bargain with nice clean room, friendly staff & comfortable bed, yet we were treated as well as guests who paid a much higher prices. Charlie also helped us out with some other requests which made our 3 night visit even better. There was roofing reshingling going on through our stay, but it didn't inconvenience us in any way. Breakfast was very good. We also recommend a restaurant that was within a few feet of the Staybridge, Cafe South, which opened up this month (June 2012), which was convenient as well as had great food & service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The suite I stayed in was enormous. Basically 2 rooms connected. The breakfast was very good. The employees were very courteous.

Room Tip: I do not know if they have a spa, hence the average rating.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I travel a lot and stopped on a single night stay at this property after finding it on my iPad during travel. Online it looks pretty nice and its funny how price can build perceived value. This room was over $130 and ends up being no different than a residence inn. In fact we pay much less than this at the residence inn just off the Disney property in Orlando and its in a much nicer area and located in a high demand area. I feel this property is ok with some issues and definately not worth the price. There are better options for the price.

First of all the staff is very friendly so there's no issue there.

The parking lot does not feel safe at night. A security guard was walking around at night which made me feel better about my car being there but it's not an area I'd go for an evening walk in.

As soon as you walk in side you feel the sense of an older building trying to keep up. Again I can't understand the price. The hallways are hot and smelly. The thermostat is set on the coldest setting in the hallways but it is still hot and smelly.

The elevator was very hot, but fortunately you are only in it for a moment but it still hurts the feel of quality when you pay $130.

The rooms are okay but have the smell of smoked masked with glade plugins but overall the rooms are nice and clean.

The hotel is not bad. I want to clarify that. It simply is old and not worth the price. Many ppl who like the feel of newer hotels may not prefer this one.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Dear civileng68,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased that you mentioned our friendly staff. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering superior service and are happy doing so. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced during your stay.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Location is off I-77 lots of hotels nearby and eating places...basic food not high end stuff. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Older property is maintained well but could use some updated decor in the eating area. Was fine for an overnite stay but not a place to walk around at nite. Layout was confusing since the elevator is tucked in a corner. Exercise room was small but machines were functional. Did not use the pool. Rooms are spacious and beds are comfy.... standard 1 bed layout with well stocked kitchen....dishwasher included! Rooms and baths were clean but showing signs of wear....nothing bad just not new. Evening reception was chips salsa and fresh veggies and basic taco meat... breakfast was better with eggs, bacon, cook your own waffles and fresh fruit. Overall a good stay but there are better values in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We were travelling from Ontario, Canada to Florida the day after Christmas and needed a good night's sleep in Charlotte N.C., our destination for the first night. I went to Travelocity Secret Hotels and was looking for a deal on a 3 1/2 star hotel. I chose one for $48 a night CDN $ and got this hotel, which was quite adequate clean and roomy.
It was close to Interstate 77 exit and right on our way south.
There was lots of room, a kitchenette, living room area, bedroom with 2 queen sized beds.
We were up and on the road early, but there was a breakfast available too, that we didn't have the opportunity to try.
I would say the hotel is definitely 3 star level. For us it worked great for what we wanted!!
Plus we got a great bargain on Travelocity's Top Secret Hotels!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family