Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne
$309
$259
Travelocity
  • Room Service
All reviewsfree laundrycorporate parkseparate bedroomindoor swimming poolfire pitfree dinnerhot tubhome away from homestayed here for a weekeach morningbusiness centerfull kitchenrooms are largeoatmealpull out couchevening receptioncomfortable hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The best service....free starbucks 24/7....hot tub.....wow.....even tho we checked out before breakfast desk got us both coffee and muffin from the kitchen for the road..a great location. easy access for the road. gas and parking...I'll be back....

Room Tip: Upstairs up stairs large and sunny
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank W S
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear WS,

Thank you for writing such an amazing review of our property. We work so hard to provide top service and amenities to our guests and it was such a pleasure to read we exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne and we hope you are able to stay with us again soon!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is our third stay at this hotel and my third review for it. We have always been comfortable staying at Staybridge Suites, especially with the extra room. With a separate living we are able to get up to read or watch TV while the other person is sleeping. With weekend rates, the Staybridge is very competitive. During the weekend the housekeeper replaces towels, makes the bed and empties trash daily, although a rigorous daily cleaning is not performed. This is perfect for us. The breakfast buffet includes warm items like omelets or scrambled eggs with sausage or Canadian bacon and tater tots. Breads, juice, fruit and other cold items are provided. We have found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The secret to finding the right accommodations is understanding what each choice has to offer. For us Staybridge is a great choice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alan C
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Alan C,

Thanks so much for writing such a fabulous review about your stay with us. It makes me so happy that we are your hotel of choice when you are here in Charlotte!

We truly value your business and appreciate you choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne and look forward to your next visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the reviews on Tripadvisor. My experience was very disappointing. Our rooms were not cleaned at all for two days. I advised the front desk, and got an arguement (!) that they only perform "light touch service" if you are staying less than a week. In fact, NO service at all was done. Finally the room was cleaned. On the second day, we went down to breakfast early, and I noticed that plastic plates and plastic cutlery were on offer. When I complained that this was well below standard for a hotel, the manager told me that this is because of the amount of guests. Overbooking the hotel, and then serving breakfast on styro plates with plastic forks is well below my expectations. We waited around for a table, and after one hour came back again, but there was no place to be seated except for a sofa in a children's area. We brought our plastic plate breakfast to this sofa, and started to eat. The manager noticed and came over and opened a conference room with a dirty table. We finished our meal there.
The breakfast is served "self service" style, with kitchy coffee and juice machines, and a "make it yourself" waffle machine. It's rather like a meal in a convenience store. Other guests walked around the breakfast room in pyjamas and even children in barefeet.
On the third night, we decided to take a walk on the walking path that is advertised on the website with a photograph. We found out that it is across a major intersection and is not part of the hotel grounds. Since we had a 2 year old granddaughter in tow, we decided against it.
The hotel has no restaurant for other meals besides the self serve breakfast. I couldn't wait to leave. Unfortunately we made this trip to see family members in the US, and we really wanted to have a nice time. The style and service of this hotel put a huge damper on our trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SVolke
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear SVolke,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to leave us such a candid review. I would like to offer a sincere apology. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that in the future you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

I apologize again for the unfavorable impression left with you.

Regards,

Reviewed July 4, 2013

After reading the many glowing reviews of this property we decided to stray from our usual Residence Inns and give this one a try. The lobby and eating area are beautiful, so I was pretty excited as we checked in! When we got to our room, a 2 room suite on the 2nd floor, the disappointment quickly set in. The room was HUGE... but very dated and in serious need of a facelift. The suite was clean and did have everything one could possibly need- although we didn't use anything except the microwave and the refrigerator. The staff wasn't overly friendly, yet not rude either... again, just okay. Overall, we most likely will not choose to stay at this property again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MommaBig
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear MommaBig,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us and expressing your thoughts. It is regrettable that we fell short of your expectations and for that I express my apologies. I hope you will give us another chance in the future to show you how great we truly are, as your feedback will only help us improve.

I apologize again for the unfavorable impression and I truly do hope you will visit us again in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We recently had our floors refinished and had booked a stay for 5 nights unfortunately when we arrived home our floors had been stained early and the odor intense. Called the hotel and were assured that an late arrival was possible . With animals in tow and grateful for a comfortable bed and breakfast in the morning settled in comfortably. Our two dogs were made to feel welcome with areas to exercise them and the proximity of restaurants convenient. The pool laundry facilities emaculate and the company a wonderful mix of business carowinds visitors and survivors of the storms that hit Albemarle the night we moved in. Parking was adjacent to our particular side of the building checkin fast and efficient . The Tuesday night drinks and appetizers welcome . But the most important part of the stay was the people of staybridge . Helpful respectful of animals in rooms and ready to assist us. I was even able to retrieve my CO monitor I brought with me and left in the room after checkout . The gift bag at checking was very thoughtful. Thank you for making a difficult time more pleasant less stressful and economically feasible

Room Tip: First floor works best with animals free laundry great make sure you bring laundry soap and dryer sheets
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank swatson9

Dear Swatson9,

Thank you so much for writing such a fabulous review of our hotel, it truly made my day to read such positive feedback. We are always glad when we can make a difficult situation for someone turn into a good one, and it sounds like we did just that.

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne!

Warm Regards,