“Fantastic experience from check-in to check-out!”

Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne
Ranked #55 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Marietta, Georgia
“Fantastic experience from check-in to check-out!”
Reviewed May 26, 2011

This Staybridge truly deserves all the accolades it receives! The location can't be beat; the rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed; the staff is top-notch and the numerous amenities are great! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Georgiahuskerfan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We we stayed at this Staybridge hotel in conjunction with a trip to Carowinds. Great option with an indoor pool and hot tub in case there is rainy weather. There are games for check out at the front desk. Comfortable and spacious room. Front desk staff were very friendly. My only complaint is the pillows are horrible. I tried every pillow in our 2 bedroom suite. They seem to be shorter than a standard pillow and are very thick and bumpy. My husband brought his own pillow...wish I had.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta
Reviewed April 5, 2011

If you are a business traveler in South Charlotte, there is no need to look further. The Staybridge Suites in Balyntyne is what every business traveler is looking for.

1. Fresh-faced smiling friendly people to check you in.
2. Food and beer reception in the evenings
3. Clean. Has that 'new hotel' smell. The rooms are superb.
4. Nice workout room.
5. Internet access that is speedy
6. Free Coffee machine in the lobby 24-7.
7. Lots of nice places to shop and eat in the area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Bushnell, Florida
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Super clean, nice suites (various sizes and configuations), nice breakfast buffet, 24-hour Starbuck's machine, pool, mini golf, gym, office facilities, great location -- it's pretty much got it all. Be sure to locate the hotel on a map before you book -- not in Charlotte, but south of town in Ballantyne.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I picked this property because I wanted an InterContinental Hotels group hotel that had free breakfast in the Charlotte area. This hotel met those minimal requirements.

I was staying with my 3-year old, and a 34-year buddy of mine and his 4-year son. We didn't want to pay for two rooms, so I wrote the General Manager in advance of our stay and asked for an upgrade from our 1-bedroom suite to a 2-bedroom suite. Hotel management obliged and offered an upgrade for a modest fee ($75 total for my 3-night stay) - which I accepted. our upgrade allowed us to stay in one BIG room, and still have our privacy.

The hotel is located in an upscale corporate / shopping district of Charlotte (Ballantyne) - which was nice. We felt safe, secure, and enjoyed the indoor pool with our kids. The hotel is also a few miles away from the area's weekend Flea Market and Zuma Fun center - both located in Pineville, NC.

We would definitely return to the hotel again for a weekend trip.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank jacobandjune
Scotland
Reviewed December 27, 2010

My company's HQ are in Charlotte, so I'm here 2-3 times a year. I now ask to stay at the Staybridge Suites as it's truly great here. Lovely spacious room and amazing staff. They really cannot do enough for you. They even remembered me from my last stay in February (did I make a lasting impression? lol).

The pool is small but perfectly formed and the spa pool is always a lovely way to end the day. Breakfast is good, but not excellent. There's always something for everyone. They even have a free shuttle service to guests, where they will happily take you anywhere within a 2 mile radius. Our company offers us a more "posh" place to stay, but I always choose the Staybridge: free wifi, breakfast, shuttle service, clean, tidy and most important, lovely, lovely staff.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank MrsLShankland
Fort Worth
Reviewed September 23, 2010

I was very impressed by this hotel. I don't know if all of the extra touches are part of being a Staybridge or if they do all of this on their own. One thing that I did not like was that the largest bed they had was a queen bed. Other than that I was impressed by cookies in the afternoon, writing the number of Priority Club points on your check-in folder, having a survey asking preferences so that they could personalize your Priority Club member goodie bag, single cup coffee maker in the lobby, Wolfgang Puck coffee at breakfast... At the time that I booked this, it was the #1 hotel on TripAdvisor. They have also won the award for being the best Staybridge for many of the last several years. All of that and I could reserve a room for 5000 PC points. What a great value! Location was great, pool and fitness center were great, business center was excellent (3 PCs), good breakfast, very clean. Hope to stay at more places like this.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple