“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #95 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
fletcher nc
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Enjoyed our one bedroom, nice and clean, bed very comfortable, great that pets are allowed. Breakfast was included which was a bonus. Easy into hotel with no issues. Easy parking. Would definitely stay again! Suggestion regarding breakfast. The two nites we stayed there was never any bacon on the bar, just sausage which I cannot eat. Please try to consider this on the bar.

Room Tip: We got one on first floor near an exit to make it easy to bring luggage in and out.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank darqueen
Craig A, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel and your kind words about our hotel. We do currently rotate bacon into our breakfast. I apologize that we didn't have it on one of the days that you were here. We look forward to you coming back and staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Philadelphia
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

As a Marriott Gold and SPG Platinum member I travel often and this property wins my worst room quality in 2014 award. Room 512 has burn marks in the carpet, stained pull out couch mattress, stained drapes, torn armchair, clogged toilet, and ripped desk chair. I tried to switch rooms but full house. At $219.00 per night Marriott I expected more.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank TOB-Philly
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I apologize for the issues that you experienced while you were with us. We are currently working on our plan for a renovation late this year and many all of the problems that you noted will be addressed. I hope that you have a chance to come back and see our newly renovated hotel early next year.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 9, 2014

For the price point, this is a good property with restaurants and entertainment very close by.. personnel were very friendly and helpful, stay on parking lot side to avoid noise from 485..would stay there again

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank terp2u
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay and your kind words. We hope that you come back stay with us again soon.
Hillsborough, NC
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Everything about the Inn is really good except the king mattress in our room was very soft and sagging. The Front Desk said they were renovating and that would be addressed in the future.

The morning breakfast is especially good. The attendant goes out of her way to be sure you have everything - even making waffles for you :-) The rooms and public areas are clean and well cared for and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We would go back, just be sure to test the mattress before unpacking.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank John_MacAulay
Craig A, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for providing us with feedback from your stay. I apologize that the mattress did not provide you with good nights sleep. We are currently finalizing plans for a full renovation later on this year. You will see many changes taking place in both the rooms and public areas. We hope that you get a chance to come back and see our "New" Residence Inn in the future. Once again thank you for staying with us and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Craig Austin
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This hotel was perfect for me. It was close to where I wanted to be, it was clean and nice. There were a ton of places to eat and shop across the street from hotel. It was a great location for me. The staff was really nice. It was nice to have a small kitchen in the room. Most hotels don't have them so when I get one I really apprecaite it. The refrigerator was key for me. The bed was very comfortable!! I slept so well - like I hadn't slept in years. I would recommend this place and I'd stay again. They offer free breakfast and they have a pool - what more could you ask for.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank irishfaith
Craig A, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed our facility. We hope you come back and see us again.
Maryland
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I want to make it clear that none of the problems I will list below were major - but there were far too many of them. We have had good experiences in the past at hotels in this chain but not this time. In the room:
no luggage racks in the room
only one trash can in a suite
no glasses in the bathroom
no night light
only two towels total
note had had only two sheets of paper left
wifi signal in room too weak to work
outside of the room:
business center computer shut down after 3 or 4 minutes of use. This happened repeatedly, not just to me but to other people
no trays available in the breakfast area
Enough said.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank chazzq
Craig A, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. Our guests feedback is very important to us. We are using your comments to make sure that all of our guests stays are better in future. We would love to have you back again to show you what a great hotel we have.
Kaysville, Utah
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

This is certainly one of the nicer Residence Inns that I have stayed in. Very clean. Nice and courteous staff. It has a small gym. The breakfast is also quite good. It is a nice place to stay and close to a large shopping mall an restaurants. Close to the freeway. Certainly not super close to downtown if you prefer that, which I don't.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Ryan R
Thank you staying with us and your kind words as well. It is always nice to hear such great feedback. We hope you come stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 6 in Pineville
Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville

Been to Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen? Share your experiences!