“excellent!”

Ranked #96 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“excellent!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

we arrived on christmas day with our pets, the staff was so polite and helpful everytime we had a question with travel to a place or our pets needs. the breakfast buffet was great with multiple choices and the hostess was constantly refilling the coffee and foods, even going around and asking if she could get anything for us seniors. we will stay here again.

Room Tip: when we were looking for pet friendly hotels, this popped up as an excellent choice, they delivered...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Craig A, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to do it and for staying with us. We are glad that we were able to accommodate you and your pets.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Virginia, USA
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband & I traveled to NC for the wedding of his youngest son and since we were going, we took his parents with us also. Now having gone on trips with them in the past, I knew the snoring level could get ridiculous. I booked a suite at the Marriott Residence Inn in Charlotte and it was heaven...We each had our own room/bath/tv with a living room area separating the two rooms (each had their own door to confine the noise level). It also had a full kitchen area which we used somewhat on our 2 day stay. It was centrally located to where the wedding/reception was held. We also received senior citizen discount which was a definite plus, especially since it was NASCAR weekend in Charlotte. The price was definitely great--the accommodations superb.
An altogether wonderful stay...I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling thru North Carolina.--P.S....a great breakfast buffet was included in the price--wonderful food and terrific assortment of foods.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We are so glad you enjoyed it. I agree the two bedroom suites are excellent for staying with family. We hope that you come back and see us again. We look forward to it.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I usually stay at Marriott with my family when we travel but we were having some work done to the house and we decided to stay loyal to the brand. The property is a little dated but the staff is great and welcoming. Breakfast was good and my kids slept like babies on the comfortable beds. We were angry that our home took longer than expected, but we felt at home. I especially took to one front desk agent, Marisa. She was great, great smile, great personality and she is made for the hospitality industry. My husband is hard to please but he was truly satisfied with her performance. We were traveling from uptown area one Sunday afternoon when we saw her car on the side of the road and her tire was split. She was in tears and had been waiting for quite awhile, we pulled over to help and my husband offered to switch her tire but neither of us had the tools, the state trooper pulled over as well and helped her contact someone, so we carried on. Usually, i would think nothing of it but i was waiting at the front desk later in our stay almost about a week later and i could hear an employee speaking with someone behind the desk somewhere loudly ! She was speaking about Marisa's car situation, basically calling her a liar and that she just didn't want to come to work. I was baffled ! She was so unprofessional and very rude. She is usually there on weekends and she brings her negative attitude every time. I wanted to speak with a manager but my husband suggested that I write it here with hopes that corporate reprimands her for her unprofessional behavior ! The cursing was loud enough for me to hear and it left a bad taste in my mouth about management to hire such a classless woman. I asked her name later that morning,"Nicky" she answered with attitude, probably upset that I interrupted her conversation with other employees. I hope she feels horrible for slandering this young woman's name when she was telling the truth. Again, thank you to Marisa ! Your future is bright and I wish you well. Ignore the ignorance.

Room Tip: Get an inside room, the I-485 noise can get annoying
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn and for taking the time to review your experience with us. I appreciate the kind words about our hotel and especially about Marissa. She is a great employee and we are lucky to have her. I thank you for stopping to make sure she was safe the day she had car trouble. We are handling the other situation internally but we do appreciate you bringing it to our attention. It is not the way we usually do business here at the Residence Inn and I apologize that you witnessed that. Thanks again for your comments
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We just spent three nights at this hotel as we were visiting our son and family for the Thanksgiving Holiday. We could not help but notice the shabbiness of the furniture - ancient! All scratched up as well. Then the bed -- it was beyond soft. Just awful. The least you can do is give people a clean room, clean linens, and a firm bed. As soon as I laid down, my pinched spinal nerves began to scream. I went out to the couch where I spent the rest of the night. Then I tried to sleep on the hideabed for the next two nights, which was just as bad. I have been in bed at home for three days, trying to get my spine back in shape. This furniture has been bad for a long time - and it seems that Marriott properties wait far too long to do their updating. Furniture must be comfortable. In addition, we had problems with the heat. The blower would always come on, blowing cold air out at a fierce speed and with so much noise. Cold air when you say heat? On the other side, the help were all very pleasant and accomodating. I agree, tho, the breakfast was lacking, inclouding soupy, watery oatmeal every day.In addition, nowhere did it say that our room keycards would lock us out of the end door at 11 PM. and 11 AM. the day we left. This caused problems Thanksgiving night, and a lot of walking, when I could no longer walk, due to my handicap.Ours was the end room right above the end door. We could not park in the front as all spaces were taken In fact, there was no checkout time even posted in the room! Please help this hotel immediately. We will not be back, that is for sure.

Room Tip: There was no outside noise due to the winter temperatures!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate all of the kind words about the staff. We do understand your concerns about the furniture of the conditions and the mattresses. Our hotel will be renovated in 2014 and these issues will be addressed. We hope that you come back and see what a great hotel we have again. Thanks.
Sloop Point, NC.
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The staff was very polite but the design of this facility was not very well thought out. Only one elevator and the outside pool was closed for the season. The room was adequate with a nice kitchen with full size appliances but the sofa bed was uncomfortable for anyone but an exhausted 16 year old. The king size bed was comfortable enough for us but the traffic noise from 485 would have been too much had we not had our ear plugs. Even ear plugs were not enough for the Republic trash truck banging the dumpster at 0545 on a Saturday morning. Hint: we had a 5th floor odd numbered room....go for the even side away from the dumpster. The breakfast offering was adequate....nothing special and they have their own coffee brand. I wasn't a fan... The athletes in our group enjoyed the fire pit, which was a nice touch. There are a number of restaurants and shopping in the area. (Ballantyne)

Room Tip: I would go for the even numbered rooms away from I-485. This needs to be balanced from other folks...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Craig A, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback from your recent stay. I appreciate the compliments about my staff. I apologize that your stay was not as good as it could have been and that you were woken up during the night. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time with us.
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Booked here b/c of sports travel team - room smells musty, carpet worn and stained but worst of all is the bed which is a mush pit-my back aches and I've only been in bed for 30min. Dread how I will feel in the morning- I will check out and find a different hotel for the rest of our stay. Shocked Marriot does not update their hotels - this is awful. Front desk was very nice at check in and is making an effort to quiet the rowdy people by fire pit., but nothing makes up for this bed. Also my son is sleeping on sofa sleeper and it is the worst one I have ever seen - not flat, sinks in middle and you can feel metal coils- if carpet wasn't gross he would sleep in floor. Marriot should be ashamed to put their name on this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank catherine c
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. It is always good to hear feedback. I appreciate the kind words about my staff and will pass it on to them. We are currently working with our owners on renovations plans for next year. I hope that you give us another chance the next time your team is in town. Thanks for staying with us.
nc
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had several rooms here for my son's wedding guests who came from all over the world. My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. I really enjoyed the pool, Jacuzzi and the fire pit at night!
The breakfast was awesome and a nice assortment was available. The front desk personnel were amazing and helped us with any and all requests! I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. If you need your nails done, go to NiNi Nails across the street. If you need your hair done, go to the Aveeda salon in the mall down the street. Applebees is great for a cocktail to wind down after a busy day as well.

Room Tip: The 5th floor is a winner!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Craig A, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you so much for the great feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and thanks for choosing the Residence Inn - Charlotte Piper Glen for your sons wedding.