Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen
$89
$82
$149
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$109
$130
$116
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$99
All reviewsoutdoor fire pitbasketball courtlong staywear and tearinternet accessfront desk staffrooms are spaciousmovie theaterking suitebusiness travelfree breakfastnice stayenjoyed my staydishwasherweddingpetskitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for the first time at the Residence Inn Piper Glen this month with my usual hotel in the area booked. Was overall a nice spot. Rooms were clean. Appliances were a bit dated but functional and served their purpose - nothing broken or unkempt. Beds weren't the best, hence my average rating on the rooms. Just seemed to be older and fairly firm - if that's what you like, then no problem. Staff was excellent - very warm and inviting. Amenities were also above what I would expect with the customary daily breakfast, but also a cocktail and dinner hour. Very nice outside patio and seating area with small firepit. All said, a good hotel with a lot of amenities in comparison to similarly priced hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed: April 2013
Craig A, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give a review of your stay. Also, thank your for all of the great comments. I'm apologize that the bed was not to your liking, but i'm glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. The next time that you are in the area, we hope that you visit us again.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I attended a training session in Charlotte and the facilitators chose the Residence Inn as the hotel to stay in for the duration of the training. I was very pleased with the accommodations. Clean room, full kitchen, breakfast, and friendly staff - what more could you ask for in a hotel!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad that you were so pleased with your stay. Please come back and see us again the next time that you are in town.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I Always stay at Marriott, Primarily Residence Inn. I actually lived in one while my son was in the hospital. I try to give my honest opinion, and be fair with my expectations.

The outside of this property is beautiful, the location is great. It is in a very nice part of town, and feels very safe.

check-in was fine. The lady at the front desk was extremely helpful and courtesy. that's about the best thing I can say for the front desk. The rest of the stay, I never saw anyone at the desk. I actually waited for almost 10 minutes to pay for a soda from the market there. I am glad this hotel was in a safe location because anyone could walk in the hotel via the front door, which is scary. We came in one night via the front door at 1130 PM and no one was at the front desk. We were up front chatting for several minutes and never saw anyone behind the desk. Made me a little Leary about our safety. You do not have to use a key card to get in the front door, the doors just automatically open.

We always get a 2 bedroom suite and are rarely disappointed. However, this Marriott needs some updating. The carpets were dirty, we had no trash bags in ANY trash cans ( more on that in a minute) and the furniture was VERY worn. The chair looked like a wild animal had gotten a hold of it.

Okay, so here is how the hotel handled one of my complaints. When we noticed that we did not have any trash bags in the cans , I called the front desk. we were traveling with our 9 month old and you can imagine how important a trash can is. The front desk answered the phone ( 830 PM) , I informed them about the missing bags and the VERY RUDE GIRL stated " you can come get some down here". I informed her that we were in our PJ's with our baby asleep and that she would need to bring them to our room. ( we were on the first floor, not a far walk for her at all). She rudely said it will "be awhile". 15 minutes later she banged on our door, basically threw the trash bags at me and kept walking. I called out to her " Excuse me, what is your name...she snidely told me. This is not the customer service that I am used to receiving through Marriott, so I emailed Elite Customer Service.

I received a canned type response with the name of a manager that would be calling me. When I had heard nothing by afternoon, I stopped by the front desk and asked to speak with the manager. I was informed that there " was no manager available on weekends" really......

I again emailed Elite customer service and informed them that no one had contacted me. About 4 hrs later I got a VM from a very polite, well spoken lady who apologized for our experience. They gave us a partial room credit and some extra bonus points on our Marriott Rewards card. Although this was greatly appreciated it does not make up for the lack of Customer Service, Lack of safety, and badly needed updating/repairs in the room. I think that I have reasonable expectations and you can read my other reviews on Marriott's. I try to be fair and only state the facts. I hope this helps....

As a side note....The breakfast was just average. They were out of apple juice, yogurt parfaits and
several other standard key items that are available at other Residence INN's. While this could be an isolated situation...they certainly did not make any effort to replenish during our stay.

On a positive note the staff that attended to the breakfast area was courtesy and kind. They helped us make a waffle , as they could see we had our hands full. that was very nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank scnurseMyrtleBeach

Thank you for taking the time to give a review of your stay at the Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen. Our goal is to provide all of our guest with a clean, comfortable room and exceptional customer service. I apologize that we did not accomplish our goal during your stay. Thank you for your compliments about the service you received from our staff at check in and during breakfast. I apologize that the other issues that you had were not handled to the best of our ability. I hope that you will come back and give us another chance to show you what a great hotel we really are. Once again thank you for staying with us and for you honest feedback and I apologize for the inconveniences that you had while you were here.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Friendly and helpful while having breakfast with family. The breakfast host was very kind and attentive and so was the front desk staff. Very close to major areas like restaurants, mall, movie theatre and so much more.

• Stayed: March 2013
Craig A, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Our customers feedback is always important to us. Thank you also for the kind words about our staff. They really do a great job and I am very proud of them for that. Please come back and stay with us again if you are in the area. Thanks and have a great day!!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very comfortable properly located about 10 miles south of downtown Charlotte. Check-in was quick and efficient. Room was clean, neat. Nothing fancy but quite comfortable. Nice breakfast set-up with good array of selections. Friendly and professional staff. Plenty of restaurants in the area. If in area will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Jon,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future. Thanks again.