“Like an apartment” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #93 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Mannheim, Germany
“Like an apartment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

I've tried several longstays in Southern Charlotte but this one if one that really replaces my own apartment - spacious, very clean, well maintained, good furniture and kitchen, utensils of good quality. Also reception staff reliable for taking parcels and help out. The only thing I really miss is a safe in the room but I get along with the one in reception area. - Staying here for a month and might extend. - Btw, very attractive monthly rate

Room Tip: Outside rooms face trees (and sun) but also the I485; inside rooms might be quieter but view not so...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Raleigh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

This is our "Go To" 1st Choice for comfort and location. Worth the few extra $'s v/s a standard hotel room in this same area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

The location of this Hotel is excellent and service is also good. They serve food and beer Monday to Thursday in the evening. Breakfast as usual is same almost everyday but they maintain the quality. I was on business trip and found this Hotel a no nonsense hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

I have stayed here for years but no more. This hotel keeps getting worse. I have complained multiple times about their workout facility and nothing has changed. The treadmills are the oldest, worst I've seen at a Marriott...and I am a Platinum member...so I stay at Marriott properties whenever possible. This hotel is in a perfect location for my work but it's just not worth it anymore....I'd rather drive to a nicer property.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank drangokid
long island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

We checked in very late. Requested rooms next to each other & was very happy we were accommodated. The room was very comfortable & allowed us to set the temperature (AC) to our liking. The breakfast had many choices & satisfied everyone. Just wish it was cooler. Saturday night at the mall across the street there was live entertainment. It was great. The only recommendation is to have coffee & tea available in the lobby during the afternoon & evening.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank soccermom716
Garner
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

First of all, my husband works for Macy's and uses Marriott hotels when he travels, so we stayed at this property using his Reward Points. We were given a complimentary upgrade to the 2BR/2BA suite and it was very well suited for our family of four. This hotel is located very accessible to the major interstate and allows for a short trip to Carowinds and surrounding attractions. The comfort of the beds in the rooms from 1-10 would be an 8, but it depends on what you have at home as to what you find comfortable! The ONLY complaint that I would have is that housekeeping knocked on my door at 8:30am on the day of checkout (we opted for late check-out at 2pm), so my "sleep-in-get-ready-to-go-home day" was disturbed. My bad - I forgot to hang the sign on the door. Other than that, the hotel was clean, the front desk staff was helpful and

Room Tip: ask for a free upgrade
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Matthews, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

The staff were wonderful! Our house had been struck by lightening and we stayed here for a week. We even moved from the 5th floor to the 1st at one point to a larger room. Both rooms were nice... 2 BR/2BA MUCH, much, much more roomy (it even had a fireplace in it). The kitchen table was larger in a 2 BR. The sleeper sofas are tiny and not comfy (but which ones are?). The rooms were clean, the maid service was wonderful. We had our 9# dog there and she did well. The animals there were quiet - never heard any noises and MOST did clean up after their animals. The smokers on the other hand were OBVIOUSLY sneeking cigs in their rooms at all hours. I could smell it strongly on the 5th floor andm y room was NOT near the stairwell either. At 4 AM one morning, I was awoken by the strong smell. We did get moved and that was great.

The pool was closed for repair the WHOLE WEEK - MAJOR bummer! Wish we could have gotten some sort of bonus for not having a pool when you plan to swim and a whole week goes by unable to swim. Their is a little basketball court and it was fun for the kids there... if it were fenced in (even a low fence) that would have been better, but it worked. The grounds, hallways, etc were all nice. The breakfast was a full breakfast but too many repeats. They had all the usuals, but it REALLY got old after a week. The coffee was yummy with all the creamer & flavor choices!!! Huge plus!!! But, it all comes back to the good staff, comfy beds (minus the pull out), and it gets my thumbs up!

Room Tip: Get the 2 bedroom suite!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank FlanFam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 6 in Pineville

Been to Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen? Share your experiences!