Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown
$85
$139
$116
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$104
$88
$109
$89
$167
$151
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsfootball stadiumfull kitchenbank of america stadiumfront desktwo bedroom suitefree shuttlecarolina pantherswithin walking distancemile radiusboa stadiumsporting eventswould stay here againparking garagemarriott brandeach eveningcomplimentary breakfasthotel guests
Reviewed April 29, 2009

We needed a room for just one night downtown/uptown Charlotte. I was pleasantly surprised at the space, decor and cleanliness of our room! It was definitely more than what we needed for one night.

The complimentary breakfast was decent. They also have a manager's reception/cocktail hour in the evenings during the week. Currently the hotel is experiencing some renovations so there is no restaurant/bar on site, however there is room service from 5pm-11pm nightly and a little convenience "store" with snacks and drinks.

The only negative is the parking. The hotel charges you $10 a night for parking in an attached public parking facility. If you are not staying at the hotel parking is only $5!

Overall my short stay exceeded my expectations. I would happily stay at this hotel for an extended period of time.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2009

This place was amazing. My sister and law were running the Charlotte Half marathon, and we booked a two bedroom suite. This place is much more like an upscale condo at motel prices. Unbelievable. Even with this big of an event their prices were incredible. The hotel was only a block from the start and finish which would have been enough of an incentive, but in addition to that they gave us basically a driver for our entire stay. Wherever we wanted to go with uptown Charlotte, their driver took us. Ive never stayed in a place like that, and it was incredible. They also threw a party in the lounge with free drinks and food. We weren't part of that because of the race, but we really felt like we lived there. Great place.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2009

I've stayed at this Hotel several times and I've been very impressed overall with my stay.

What to expect from the kitchen in your room:
- Medium-Full Size Refrigerator/Freezer w/Automatic Ice Maker
- Microwave
- Stainless Steel Pots and Pans
- Assorted Cooking and Eating Utensils
- Salt and Pepper

What to expect from the complementary breakfast (This is one of the best complementary breakfasts I've seen and it's pretty good quality)
- Sausage and / or Bacon (Rotates Daily)
- Scrambled Eggs (some days with cheese)
- Some form of potato (Rotates Daily)
- Waffles
- Cereal
- Biscuits and gravy
- Waffles
- Fruit
- Plain and Flavored Yogurt (I've noticed all of the flavored yogurt was made with artificial sweeteners - Yuck)
- Assorted breads
- Juice, Coffee
...and probably a few other things I am forgetting

What I liked:
- Your personal kitchen
- Basic rooms was good sized and had a sectional sofa
- Nice modern appealing design
- Hotel has attention to detail
- Depending on which side your on, a great view of Uptown
- Awesome complementary breakfast
- Good location

The only things I did not like where:
- The complementary Internet could grind to a near halt between 8p-Midnight during the week. Although can really smoke on the weekends and early morning.
- Complementary hotel shuttle has a 3 mile radius limit

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2008

Without a doubt, this was one of the best hotels that we have stayed in. We had the two bedroom suite and very clean and very quiet. The staff was excellent and that makes me to want to stay again. I would give this a ten out of a ten.

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed May 19, 2008

Stayed 1 night at this property. First let me say I've very picky about hotels and cleanliness and it's been a while since I've stayed at a hotel that wasn't the Four Seasons. So, the fact that I give the Residence Inn a glowing report says a lot about this property. The staff was helpful and knowledgable upon check-in and while answering our many questions about the area. Our room was spacious and had a view of the Charlotte skyline. Most importantly, the room was very clean (no stray hairs to be found!). Wow! Another plus was the breakfast buffet.
On the negative side, the mattress wasn't all that great-my husband and I would slide toward the middle by the morning, but it's fine for a few nights. And it kind of seems unneccessary to charge $10/day for parking in Charlotte-I mean this isn't NY.
But all in all, a wonderful stay. Loved the cleanliness of the room!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business