Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/Northlake
Ranked #78 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Holly Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed at this same hotel in summer 2012 and had a good experience. Hotel was slightly upgraded this time around with new carpets in the hallways and better internet service (wired only). Wifi was still virtually unusable. Good room for the price.

• 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Oak Island, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Excellent stay all around. The service was friendly. The rooms quiet, spacious, and CLEAN!!!! Excellent beds. Although the heater ran quiet and put out good heat, I would have liked another blanket on the bed. The expanded breakfast was quick to grab and go. Nice parking area. Plenty of towels in the room. After traveling to Charlotte for the past month and found nothing but dumpy, dirty hotels at the same price as Microtel, I was pleasantly surprised. I have already booked another room here.

• 4 of 5 stars
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

10:30 p.m. 03/19/2013 .Before arriving to Charlotte we called the hotel four times to alert them that we would be early. A very nice lady advised us that I would be okay and she would take care of the matter. Got to the hotel and she was nice and advised the night auditor of that a check in was due. The night auditor wanted to become rude and wanted us to pay for a extra night , and even called our travel company and tried to cancel our reservations so that he could charge us more money. He called our travel company with out our permission and he continue to taut me when I told him that I will wait. He first explain that he would check could be around 7 or 10 and he was not sure. Keep in mind, all of the phone calls that we made hours before arriving to the hotel a total of (4-5) calls. the lady explain that she had plenty of rooms and it would not be a problem. After being treated rude, by the night auditor walked over to get something to eat. Got back, he was still on a call trying to cancel our reservation from his own cell phone. The travel company called me and asked if I had given anyone permission to cancel or change my reservation and I explained no. After being in the lobby for three hours, he then came out and tried to intimidate and state the he want to help. I explained that please do not talk to me, I travel around the world over 160 nights a year and he was bulling me and trying to provoke me. I actually call the police to let them know what was going on with this guy. He continue to bully me and possibly other guest in the hotel. I asked him to not bother me and I would sit her quietly for the 8 to 12 hours that he told me I would wait. His last bulling was that he came out and said that he it would be 2:00 pm before check-in. This is not customer service and for a person to call a travel company and to change a person itinerary is just plain crazy.

3 Thank WorldTraveler19999