Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/Northlake
Ranked #84 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The price was great. The hotel was small but cozy and the free breakfast was nice to wake up to. The staff was very nice and the rooms were clean and comfy. The location was close enough to restaurants and shopping as well as uptown Charlotte. The only issue we had was fixed right away, when our shower handle came loose, they were quick to fix it and extremely apologetic. The window seat in the hotel was cute and the location was off the main road so it was quiet.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Melissa D
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/Northlake

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Rooms were small, but clean, which is the main thing I'm looking for when staying at a hotel in this price point. The neighboring gas station had bars over its windows, which made me question the safety of the neighborhood; but my car was unharmed overnight. Free Wi-Fi. Complimentary breakfast was your typical hotel selection of cereal, donuts, toast/bagels, apples, bananas, and waffles. Coffee was not good at all though.

When I drafted this review on my phone during breakfast here, I initially was going to rate it 4 stars. We requested late check out, and the latest they were able to accommodate was noon. Alright, this isn't a fancy hotel, I'll accept that (even though I had asked for 1PM, which I didn't think was unreasonable). However, when we returned to our room at 11:45, the bed had been stripped. There weren't any housekeepers in the room, but the plastic clip on my toothpaste was missing from the tube I'd left in the bathroom. On principle, I asked the front desk attendant if anyone had happened to "find" it. Housekeeping told him they hadn't seen it, and that was all the consolation he offered me. I'm not worried so much about the 99cent gizmo, as I am about the integrity of the workers at this hotel. Had I left anything else behind, who knows what else may have been taken?? The management's overall apathy sealed the deal for me--I will not be returning under any circumstance.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank melissa p
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Pleasantly surprised at the spacious, well-equipped & clean suite. Beds were very comfortable. A quiet location away from noisy highways. Friendly staff. Good value for the money.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank YZpeople
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My wife and I needed a motel for a couple nights so we could visit the NASCAR Hall of Fame. There were other motels closer but after reading reviews of some of the other motels in the same price range I chose Microtel because it reviewed good. We stayed in a suite for $59.20 a night and was very pleased with the room. Living room, kitchenette, and bedroom. Very very clean. We arrived late from Orlando and was received by a very helpful desk person. Breakfast next morning was very Good, better then most motels at this price. Make your own Waffles, cereal, fruit, all sort of bakery goods and coffee, milk, juice, etc.I give it an A+.

Room Tip: Stayed in a suite on the 2nd floor and was satisfied.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank J0HN316
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Have to admit I was pleasantly surprised... the hotel itself is modern, clean, nicely furnished and the staff was great. Our room was clean with an attractive layout. We had a nice breakfast selection the next morning including Belgian waffles. My only complaint the bed was a little too hard. Still, for the price this hotel is hard to beat, would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stopped here just for one night after arriving from Germany. Passing throught to Smoky Mountains NP.
The motel is bit away from all roads. so it is very quiet.
ok, the best days of this motel passed by, but it was very clean.
And the offer a good breakfast.
Not far from I77 and close to Northlake Mall.

A good place if you just want to have place to sleep.
Rooms are a bit small. But we only need a place to sleep.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mingan
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Very helpful and friendly desk staff. Clean room and bath. The room was small. There was space on a nice window bench to set luggage, etc. which was nice. Bed was very comfortable with soft sheets and comforter. Temperature adjustment was perfect. And the motel was quiet.
Breakfast was better than most with hard boiled eggs, waffles, fruit and bakery.

A great value and a nice stay

• Stayed: March 2012