“Should be shut down”

Knights Inn Charlotte Airport
Ranked #128 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Thought we would stay at a cheaper hotel for the drag races knowing it wouldn't be the nicest of places but omg this dump was horrible!!! dirty shower dirty sheets clothes rack hanging off the wall could see sunlight coming thru the gap in the door which also had pry marks where it had already been broken into! went back to the office got my money back and found a room at the Hilton Garden inn 10 minutes away...might be a good place if you pay by the hour!!

Room Tip: dont stay in one
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
knightsinncharlottea, Webmaster at Knights Inn Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for visiting our hotel. I’m sorry you couldn’t spend the night with us. I apologize sincerely if you found our accommodations unacceptable in any way. We strive to provide a great combination of quality and value. While many are pleased with what we provide, I’m genuinely sorry that you were not. We use all comments to help us improve, however, so we will keep this message on file.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I am about to give as real and as truthful a review about this hotel as possible so here goes.I booked this hotel because I wanted to spend my money shopping instead of sleeping so I was under no illusions about the accommodations. This hotel is more of a residency hotel for people who appear to be a bit down on their luck and this can happen to anyone at any time in this economy so no one has a right to judge. The staff is excellent, if something is is wrong they fix it in a swift and timely manner and they are cheerful and kind which speaks volumes considering their clientele.If you are uppity this is not the place for you but if you have no problem with the masses of humanity you will like it here. I liked the natural feeling of the place and the interactions with the people who live here and I will return. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marsha D

Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for your sincere comments. I’m very glad you found staying with us a pleasant experience and will be returning. We serve hundreds of people each month, and most people are completely satisfied, as you are. Our goal is to reach the point where all customers are 100 percent satisfied, and I believe we get closer to that goal every day.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

If this is an example of the Knights Inn chain, I will never stay at another one. Multi-night reservation ended after the first night. The pictures on the website are not indicative of the state of the property. The non smoking room was dirty and smelled strongly of smoke and there were burn marks on the AC unit and bathtub from smoking material. We were awakened several times overnight with people arguing outside and had someone knock on our door (who quickly left when they heard our dog bark). There were cars driving through the parking lot all night, making it impossible to get a good nights rest. We chose not to take advantage of the free continental breakfast due to concerns about cleanliness. I did not feel safe and would not have walked around the property alone after dark citing the high likelihood of illegal activity taking place on the property. The experience was bad enough that I intend to contact the corporate office.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for your stay with us. We use all comments to get better, and we’ll keep your comments on file. We’re a family-friendly hotel with a high commitment to cleanliness and the safety of our guests. We have dozens of people who stay with us each week, and most are completely satisfied. I sincerely apologize that you were less than 100 percent satisfied, and we welcome any additional feedback you have about your experience. Our goal is always satisfaction.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We had no toliet paper or coffee, yet we had a toilet and coffee pot. Breakfast was very limited. Many people are actually living at the hotel. But it close to the highway and we got off the road.

Thanks

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We do have some long-term guests who find the combination of value, comfort and convenience we offer to be above average. I’m very sorry if there were items that weren’t available in your room, but a quick call to office could have corrected that. In any case, I sincerely apologize for any ways in which we fell short of meeting your expectations.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We've been on a road trip for over two months and have stayed in Days Inn, Travelodge, Super 8, etc. This hotel is definitely below what we have experienced. On the plus side, the staff (owner) we dealt with was always friendly and helpful. The room included a refrigerator, microwave and Wi-Fi all of which worked well. The TV is old style but worked OK. Breakfast is free and is very basic, coffee, toast, Tang and waffles. On our second day there was also cereal but not the first day. The room was reasonably clean but dated and in need of maintenance.

The major problem was that, even though we were in a non-smoking room there was a clear smell of cigarette smoke. We can only assume that it was coming through the ventilation system. We are in another city today and when we pulled our clothes out of the suitcase they smell like cigarettes. Our room was #234.

Room Tip: Room #234 smelled strongly of cigarette smoke (non-smoking room).
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank specialklc

Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for your comments. Although you indicate your experience was below average, I appreciate the praise you provide about the staff and the amenities. I’m sorry if a guest violating our smoking policy caused you an inconvenience. I’m glad we were able to satisfy you in so many other ways, however. Our goal, of course, is 100 percent satisfaction, and I apologize for the ways in which we fell short.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Overall good hotel I come here often. Very nice caring people that make me feel welcome. Good beds and comforting place to stay. Hbo and cable included as well as wifi and a telephone. It's easy acess located right off of I 85 and not far from the airport.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Recently I had stayed 4 Nights / 3 Days in this motel with family - I did not face any safety or other issues. It's Good value for money - Rooms were clean, Service is Prompt and Courteous. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Location is very convenient ..just few minutes of Drive from Charlotte Downtown. I recommend this Knights Inn.

Room Tip: If you ask for Smoke-free room ..you do get smoke free one! It helps to be specific at the front de...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Rupen P