“Definitely not family friendly.”

Knights Inn Charlotte Airport
Ranked #127 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
“Definitely not family friendly.”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

If this is an example of the Knights Inn chain, I will never stay at another one. Multi-night reservation ended after the first night. The pictures on the website are not indicative of the state of the property. The non smoking room was dirty and smelled strongly of smoke and there were burn marks on the AC unit and bathtub from smoking material. We were awakened several times overnight with people arguing outside and had someone knock on our door (who quickly left when they heard our dog bark). There were cars driving through the parking lot all night, making it impossible to get a good nights rest. We chose not to take advantage of the free continental breakfast due to concerns about cleanliness. I did not feel safe and would not have walked around the property alone after dark citing the high likelihood of illegal activity taking place on the property. The experience was bad enough that I intend to contact the corporate office.

• Stayed March 2014
knightsinncharlottea, Webmaster at Knights Inn Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for your stay with us. We use all comments to get better, and we’ll keep your comments on file. We’re a family-friendly hotel with a high commitment to cleanliness and the safety of our guests. We have dozens of people who stay with us each week, and most are completely satisfied. I sincerely apologize that you were less than 100 percent satisfied, and we welcome any additional feedback you have about your experience. Our goal is always satisfaction.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Earlville, New York
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We had no toliet paper or coffee, yet we had a toilet and coffee pot. Breakfast was very limited. Many people are actually living at the hotel. But it close to the highway and we got off the road.

Thanks

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We do have some long-term guests who find the combination of value, comfort and convenience we offer to be above average. I’m very sorry if there were items that weren’t available in your room, but a quick call to office could have corrected that. In any case, I sincerely apologize for any ways in which we fell short of meeting your expectations.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We've been on a road trip for over two months and have stayed in Days Inn, Travelodge, Super 8, etc. This hotel is definitely below what we have experienced. On the plus side, the staff (owner) we dealt with was always friendly and helpful. The room included a refrigerator, microwave and Wi-Fi all of which worked well. The TV is old style but worked OK. Breakfast is free and is very basic, coffee, toast, Tang and waffles. On our second day there was also cereal but not the first day. The room was reasonably clean but dated and in need of maintenance.

The major problem was that, even though we were in a non-smoking room there was a clear smell of cigarette smoke. We can only assume that it was coming through the ventilation system. We are in another city today and when we pulled our clothes out of the suitcase they smell like cigarettes. Our room was #234.

Room Tip: Room #234 smelled strongly of cigarette smoke (non-smoking room).
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank specialklc
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for your comments. Although you indicate your experience was below average, I appreciate the praise you provide about the staff and the amenities. I’m sorry if a guest violating our smoking policy caused you an inconvenience. I’m glad we were able to satisfy you in so many other ways, however. Our goal, of course, is 100 percent satisfaction, and I apologize for the ways in which we fell short.

Charlottw
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Overall good hotel I come here often. Very nice caring people that make me feel welcome. Good beds and comforting place to stay. Hbo and cable included as well as wifi and a telephone. It's easy acess located right off of I 85 and not far from the airport.

• Stayed December 2013
South Plainfield, New Jersey
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Recently I had stayed 4 Nights / 3 Days in this motel with family - I did not face any safety or other issues. It's Good value for money - Rooms were clean, Service is Prompt and Courteous. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Location is very convenient ..just few minutes of Drive from Charlotte Downtown. I recommend this Knights Inn.

Room Tip: If you ask for Smoke-free room ..you do get smoke free one! It helps to be specific at the front de...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Rupen P
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 14, 2013

It was my first time at a Knights Inn. I am not sure how this property received excellent ratings from some of the other reviewers. I usually do Super 8 so its not like my standards are at the Waldorf Astoria level. This property is on the "aged" side, however, for the price it makes sense (for my Chicago readers, think of the Grand Motel on 99th and Halsted). The mall and the rest of civilization (i.e. restaurants, etc) are about 15 minutes further north. On my first afternoon/evening, I heard lots of sirens so I imagine that there must be a hospital near by. When I began my day the next morning, there were two police cars in the parking lot -not sure what was going on there. I stayed on the second floor next to the office so I am appreciative for that. The next time I may try the Microtel property that's right next to the airport.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ShowbizPizza
mrghal, Manager at Knights Inn Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time. We would like you to know that we are always doing some sort of improvements to the property. We are currently renovating many of our rooms and updating carpet in many of the rooms. We are in a noisy area sometimes...we have a fire station at the top of the hill and we are in the direct path of one of the run ways at the airport, but other than that it stays relatively quiet here. We hope that you will reconsider and give us another chance when in the area again.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

As prior reviews have stated, Knight's Inn is a haven for public drunkenness, prostitution, and drug dealing/drug abuse. The room was filthy, poorly cleaned and had insects. We decided not to stay and checked out shortly after we arrived.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank traveller827
We're very sorry that your experience here wasn't a pleasant one. We would like to have had the opportunity to fix the issues with your room or we would have moved you to another room. We accept all kinds of reviews and we try to make improvements based on the reviews that we receive. Once again we're very sorry that your experience here wasn't a better one.