Knights Inn Charlotte Airport
$167
$151
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$96
$162
$134
$119
$250
$227
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

As prior reviews have stated, Knight's Inn is a haven for public drunkenness, prostitution, and drug dealing/drug abuse. The room was filthy, poorly cleaned and had insects. We decided not to stay and checked out shortly after we arrived.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank traveller827
mrghal, Manager at Knights Inn Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

We're very sorry that your experience here wasn't a pleasant one. We would like to have had the opportunity to fix the issues with your room or we would have moved you to another room. We accept all kinds of reviews and we try to make improvements based on the reviews that we receive. Once again we're very sorry that your experience here wasn't a better one.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Prostitution. Drugs. Ghetto neighborhood. Haven for criminal activity. Filthy bathroom. The tub had black dirt and grime all around it. The carpet had stains. The room reeked of cigarette smoke. I was afraid to look under the sheets. The later it grew, the more unsafe I felt! I kept looking out the window to make sure my vehicle was still there. Each time I looked outside I saw something even more suspicious than last time. After sitting on the bed for less then one hour, I gladly checked out! Shortest stay ever! People walked in from the highway and from the back lot. Criminal activity was everywhere. A couple was fighting in the room next door...The list goes on and on. Save yourself the nightmare and find something closer to the university (North Tryon St.....University City Blvd). The few extra miles were very well worth it. If I could rate it a few NEGATIVE stars then I would!

Room Tip: Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE! Find something near the university where there are more cops.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

We were very sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience at our establishment. We wish that we had been given the opportunity to correct the problems with your room. We are currently making upgrades and improvements to the property and the rooms. We would also like to apologize for the disturbance with the couple arguing next door to you, if we had known we would have gladly taken care of the situation. We have a store right across the bridge from the motel and most of the guests that stay here walk over there instead of driving. We're very sorry that it disturbed you. Regardless, we still appreciate the review and you taking the time to do one. We are making every effort to correct some of your concerns. Thank you once again.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was very reluctant to check in to this hotel because of the area. When entering the staff was very nice and helpful. I had a room upstairs. It was very close to a variety of stores ( freedom drive). I did see a few things outside the building that I didn't approve of. Overall this is not a five star hotel and despite the area this establishment is clean and safe with free wi- fi and pet friendly and for the price you can't beat it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
knightsinncharlottea, Webmaster at Knights Inn Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the positive comments about our hotel. I’m glad you found that the neighborhood and the property are superior to what you first thought. It proves that appearances can sometimes be deceiving. I appreciate the opportunity to provide you with great service and the clean and safe environment and amenities you needed. For any ways we fell short, however, I offer a sincere apology to you.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This area can be a little dodgy, but I had no problems apart from getting lost. The maid service was a little unreliable (some times none, some times 9 AM, 11 AM or 3 PM).

The staff could not be any nicer, only about 10-15 minutes from a bus stop, 10 minutes from Wendys, Walgreens etc.

Only one pop machine and one candy/chips machine (good prices though).

Taxi costs $16 from/to the airport.

I would stay again if my self, but would probably ask for a room up the stairs if solo.

Room Tip: Non smoking rooms are on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel was a trash pot. I was scared to get out of my car due to everyone hanging out in groups outside. This place must rent to locals that stay for weeks and weeks. There was drug dealing going on in the parking lot in the middle of the day. The exit has nothing on it, so if you want a place to eat you have to go to the next few exits to do that. The room was a nightmare, really needs updating. The bathroom toilet bowl was cracked in 3 parts, the floor in the bathroom was so nasty I would step on it with my shoes on. The smell of the room was trashy, and there was little fly in the room from the start of check in to the end of check out. The breakfast was nothing like the picture on the website. All they have is waffles juice, coffee, toast with no jelly at all. The batter for the waffles is in the little refrigerator with a cup that you have to dip it in and get your mix out. Everyone uses the same cup, who only knows how many people have dropped the cup in the batter and then fished it out getting the dirty hands in the batter for the next person to eat. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We use all comments to get better. While your remarks were some time ago, I still wanted to thank you. We do indeed rent some rooms to locals who find the combination of value and amenities we provide superior to what is offered elsewhere. Although you find fault with a few aspects of the property, I appreciate you staying with us and hope you will change your mind and visit again. For any ways we fell short, however, I sincerely apologize.

Hotel Manager.