“Beware” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #117 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Asheville, North Carolina
“Beware”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel was a trash pot. I was scared to get out of my car due to everyone hanging out in groups outside. This place must rent to locals that stay for weeks and weeks. There was drug dealing going on in the parking lot in the middle of the day. The exit has nothing on it, so if you want a place to eat you have to go to the next few exits to do that. The room was a nightmare, really needs updating. The bathroom toilet bowl was cracked in 3 parts, the floor in the bathroom was so nasty I would step on it with my shoes on. The smell of the room was trashy, and there was little fly in the room from the start of check in to the end of check out. The breakfast was nothing like the picture on the website. All they have is waffles juice, coffee, toast with no jelly at all. The batter for the waffles is in the little refrigerator with a cup that you have to dip it in and get your mix out. Everyone uses the same cup, who only knows how many people have dropped the cup in the batter and then fished it out getting the dirty hands in the batter for the next person to eat. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
knightsinncharlottea, Webmaster at Knights Inn Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We use all comments to get better. While your remarks were some time ago, I still wanted to thank you. We do indeed rent some rooms to locals who find the combination of value and amenities we provide superior to what is offered elsewhere. Although you find fault with a few aspects of the property, I appreciate you staying with us and hope you will change your mind and visit again. For any ways we fell short, however, I sincerely apologize.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
nyc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was my first experience staying at a Knights Inn. I found it courtesy of my gps and 90 minutes till my class after traveling all night, i had arrived way before check-in with no reservation, but i did have an internet rate which a very welcoming and friendly staff member honored. I had to pay a small early check-in fee, but trust, I had no problems with doing so. I was in my room in no time and extremely surprised as to how clean my room was and as I later found out after class, HOW COMFORTABLE THE BED WAS, I was asleep in no time and awoke refresh for day two of class. As a female who often travels alone, I can say I felt safe. Before I go, let me just say it was located not even 8mins from a Super Walmart, a Walgreen's and a few places to eat.
Knights Inn is not a four star hotel, but it's staff members and willingness to help made it feel that way!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

mrghal, Manager at Knights Inn Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
We were very happy to find out that you enjoyed your stay here and we hope that if ever in the area again that you will choose to stay with us again. We appreciate all the positive comments that you made about the motel and our staff. Thank you for your review.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times during my visit to Charlotte.

Knight inn staff was very helpful. Rooms were neat and clean and it was extremely great experience with the bucks that I spend.

Many choices in morning breakfast, room’s availability with sofa, working table, chair along with refrigerator and microwave in every room were real plus.

I defiantly recommend it to others and keep using it on my future trips to Charlotte.
Great! Job by all the people who are in the reception.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to do a review. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Asheville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I decided to give this place a second chance since I read a few good reviews about it. Little did I know, it would be just as bad as my last stay. First of all, the area isn't a very good area. It just screams scary. I was a little afraid to leave my car in the parking lot. Behind the building, it honestly looks like people are living back there! The rooms aren't very clean. I got in the shower, and rushed out because there was body hair all over the walls. The toilet was terrible. You can't put any toilet paper in it without it clogging. The guy came in our room to unclog it, and he had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth...keep in mind, THIS WAS A NON SMOKING ROOM. The man was nice to us and all, but that was a little unprofessional. The staff was okay, I didn't expect much, so it wasn't a huge letdown that they weren't amazing to us. They were nice, but when I called and asked them for the wifi password, the man on the phone just sounded like he was rushed to get off of the phone. This was just a terrible experience for me, and I can most definitely say that I will most definitely not be staying at this place EVER again. Only thing that made me stay there was because of the cheap price. I was pretty much on a very tight budget. It was just $37 for a king size bedroom. The bed was comfy to say the least!! But there's no telling what was on the bed, or if the bed sheets were even washed.... UGH! I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AshleyHawkins
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry our property did not make a good first impression on you and that there was a housekeeping and maintenance issue with your room. It is also unacceptable for a member of our staff to smoke in an nonsmoking room, and this will be addressed. While many people find us a great combination of value, comfort and amenities, I sincerely apologize that we fell short in your case.

Hotel Manager.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

The hotel location was nice and easy access, right off the freeway. Easy on and easy off which made traveling to downtown or the race track very convenient. The hotel was clean and included a coffee maker, fridge and microwave in the room. Also, there was a basic continental breakfast from 6:00-9:00 am. The hotel staff was very nice and pleasant. We didn't have any problems and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review. We were very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

The stay was pleasant. The front desk was helpful and friendly. Location was ideal for where I was going to visit, easily accessed from the interstate. The bed was comfortable and clean as was the rest of the room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

mrghal, Manager at Knights Inn Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will visit us again.
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

The air conditioning is cold and the beds are comfortable. The wi-fi access works reasonably well, and the fridge in the room keeps things nicely chilled. Those seeking reasonable accomodations on a budget would do well to consider this hotel. Before staying here, I saw this motel had fairly reasonable reviews, with a few negative comments. I decided to give it a shot, and I have to say that not only did I not regret it, but I ended up staying an extra night when work kept me in town. My experience at this hotel motivated me to create an account on this website, in the hopes that my experience might sway those who are on the fence about this location to consider giving it a visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business