All reviews charlotte airport full kitchen two bedroom suite home away from home an early flight breakfast staff next morning excellent hotel the shuttle driver front desk staff excellent stay free breakfast great place to stay business trip one night stay staff was friendly yogurt
Selected filters
Reviewed September 13, 2019

Homewood Suites has been our go-to place when we fly out of Charlotte. Their suites/rooms are consistent, clean, and well-equipped. You can select a park/fly package, and they provide transit to and from the airport; meanwhile you can leave your vehicle in their parking lot.

When we checked in on the evening of 8/17/19, the gentleman behind the desk was extremely friendly and helpful. We had the opposite experience when we returned from overseas the evening of 8/28/19. I first called the hotel’s shuttle number stored in my phone; that number was out of service. I then called the front desk, and the woman told me a driver would be by to pick us up in about 20 minutes. After waiting more than 45 minutes at the airport, I called again, and she suggested we either weren’t in the right place at the right time or we hadn’t seen the shuttle (both assumptions incorrect), but she would send the driver back for us. After a total wait time of 65 minutes, the driver appeared; he was gracious, friendly, and apologetic—though it wasn’t his fault.

When we got back to the Homewood Suites to pick up our car, I went inside to ask the front desk clerk what the problem had been with the transportation. As for the telephone number being out of service, she told me it had been changed—and insinuated it had been my responsibility to check that the number I had was still valid. I told her we’d waited over an hour for the van to arrive, and she clearly didn’t believe me. She spoke to me as if I were a misbehaving child—never, ever apologizing. In short, this woman had a nasty and combative attitude; this wasn’t something I needed after a lengthy day travelling internationally—plus facing a 132-mile drive back home.

Meanwhile, the van driver nicely (and unexpectedly) got us ice for our cooler so we could have a more pleasant drive.

Date of stay: August 2019
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear KenCookie,

We are humbled to be your go-to-hotel when flying out of Charlotte. I'm very sorry for your poor experience upon your return. Normally our staff does a terrific job of responding to our guests’ needs, and in your case, that did not happen. I regret the frustration you experienced after a long day of travel. It was kind of you to note our cleanliness despite these lapses. We appreciate all your feedback and do review it with our team to foster improvements. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to provide you with an experience more indicative of our norm upon your return.

Reviewed September 11, 2019

This hotel is old, tired and in bad need of an upgrade. The carpets are worn and dirty. The room furniture is worn. The TVs are small and old. You don’t even feel comfortable sitting in the chairs in the lobby. Won’t stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2019

Dear Jlowe4704,

I’m sorry that our accommodations were not to your liking; please forgive us. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and I regret that we left you with a poor impression. Your feedback is welcomed and taken into consideration as we continually update and improve our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

Reviewed August 20, 2019 via mobile

Just completed a three week stay at this location. Overall, a good stay. Parking was generally very accessible and the interstate was probably 10-15 mins away. It’s relatively near the airport. Breakfast was okay and the evening social had some really good food a few nights (the beer selection was good). They are very accommodating with pets.

My biggest gripe, probably, was that the cell phone service inside the first floor rooms was virtually non-existent. Being here on a business trip I had to have my cell phone, and I’d have to rush to stand next to the window to receive any signal or incoming phone call. It was super frustrating. The front desk staff (the ladies, in particular) were not always overly friendly but I had limited interaction with them. The evening social and breakfast staff were kind and helpful

There is a Subway (restaurant) beside this hotel that is attached to the gas station

Overall, a good stay and better than the Homewood Suites on North Tryon Street. No children running up and down the hallways was great. This felt more like a business-traveler hotel than most any other Hilton property I’ve Been to in a while.

Trip type: Traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2019

Dear 925matthewp,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. It is sincere feedback like yours which allows us to monitor and enhance our guest experience. We’re pleased to hear our ample amenities and convenient location made for an enjoyable extended stay. Along with providing us with areas of opportunity, your feedback serves as encouragement to our associates. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again.

Reviewed August 17, 2019

The room was very clean, the lobby and common areas where clean, well lit, and in excellent condition. The evening social hour was well laid out and both the food and drink were excellent. Very relaxing way to end your business day.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2019

Dear Scott K,

Thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel. We appreciate you selecting our hotel while on business, and we’re glad you enjoyed your visit. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our clean hotel and evening social hour. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Best,

Reviewed August 17, 2019

Property is nice the staff there is great too. The only thing that was poor was the Wi-Fi, it keep going in and out poor connection with cell phone too in the room signal was very bad. The location is in a great spot too.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Eddie B,

Thank you for noting our great property and staff, but I'm sorry that you experienced issues with our internet. Your comments, which highlight our successes and areas for improvement, are welcomed as they foster change for the better. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we hope to provide you with a flawless return visit.