“Decent room, good food, over-lit pool”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport
Ranked #37 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Waynesboro, Virginia
“Decent room, good food, over-lit pool”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

First time that I have stayed at this hotel and I was pleasantly surprised. Check-in was fast and easy, hot tea and coffee available 24 hrs (getting harder to find that at competitor hotels), easy access to hdmi port on TV, nice spacious room, with full fridge, stove and microwave. Mon-Thursday they have food available in evening (along with wine and beer but no soda), breakfast was ok, pre-cooked egg omelets, bacon, cereal, etc. Better than continental but not great. Fitness room was well equipped and fairly new. Biggest issue was my room was on first floor and looked onto the (closed) pool, which was lit up like Vegas all night and the curtains couldn't compete. Was bright enough to read with all my lights off. Try to get a room not on 1st floor overlooking the pool!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Jeff L,
We appreciate your review and complimentary feedback from your stay with us at Homewood Suites Charlotte Airport. It's great to hear that our complimentary services exceeded your expectations. We value your comments on opportunities for improvement and apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We hope you'll return for another visit. Thank you once again for writing.

Suzanne Stickley, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Morgantown, United States
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Fantastic hotel---room was very clean, bathroom was spotless. Very spacious, especially if traveling with a family or pets. The breakfast was fresh and the staff were outstanding. Very welcoming. Facilities were also good. If traveling with a pet, they have a nice open grass area for walking.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Candace W,
I'm delighted to hear of your pleasant stay, and appreciation of our staff at Homewood Suites Charlotte Airport. It's fantastic to receive your kind comments regarding our clean accommodations and warm hospitality. We enjoyed having you as our guest and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Incline Village, Nevada
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

There really isnt much to say. This is an average hotel with poor and rude staff. After this trip, I am done with the Hilton hotels and will become a Marriot member. I have never encountered rude stafd or service in a Marriot.
Traveling is already steassful, the last thing I need is petty or rude staff to add to the discomfort.

• Stayed December 2013
Sharktoothsoup,
I appreciate you writing and bringing these concerns to my attention. We value your loyalty to our brand and sincerely apologize that you did not receive the exceptional service you deserve. Please know your feedback is important to us and we hope to speak with you directly regarding the issues you encountered during your stay. Thank you again.

charlotte, United States
Reviewed November 29, 2013

When I tried to check in I was turned away because the company paying for my stay did not send the proper payment info. NOT MY Fought! I would have like to still get a room and relax while the payment info was fixed, but I was turned away and had to come back. When I finally got a room assigned I walked in and the bed was slept in the shower had been used and the whole suite was uncleaned. I think someone was staying there. I'm just glad I did not walk in on someone. That could have been dangerous.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Robert S,
Thank you for writing. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience, as well as any inconveniences you encountered during your visit. I have shared your comments with our team in an effort to better our hotel and guest experience. We value you as our guest and hope you'll return to see our improvements. Thank you again for writing.

Birmingham, United States
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Great place but a door requiring a key card did not require one, just pull door open. It has immediate access to one floor and an elevator with no view of the reception area. Not very safe !!!!! Also white stain on the couch was a bit disconcerting , for 3 days !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Grainne F,
Thank you for writing and bringing these concerns to my attention. Please know that the safety and comfort of our guests are our highest priorities. I have addressed your comments with our maintenance staff in order to make the necessary repairs. We're glad you had an excellent stay otherwise, and we hope you'll visit us again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Our stay at the HOMEWOOD SUITES was excellent. Staff very professional and personable. The property is lovely and very well kept. Cleanliness is excellent. We would recommend the venue and stay there again. ...enjoy!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member,
We're happy to hear from you, and we're glad you had an excellent stay with us at Homewood Suites Charlotte Airport. I look forward to sharing your kind comments regarding our staff's excellence in service and cleanliness. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you once again for your review and recommendations of our great hotel.

Raleigh, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was in Charlotte for training. This training took place at the Homewood Suites and a discount was offered so it was the logical choice. I'm comparing this stay to a similiar stay I recently had for some training in Phoenix AZ. While in Phoenix I stayed at a Residence Inn. With the discount offered by way of taking the training in Phoenix the room was ~$75 per night. The hotel was located in the very prosperous Deer Valley area, anything you could want or need was within 1/2mile of the hotel. Already this is $44 cheaper than the discounted rate at Homewood Suites Most everything about the Residence Inn was superior to the Charlotte Airport Homewood Suites. -Fitness Center was more spacious and had more equipment -The Suite was larger and more modern -There was an iPhone app that allowed me to control the TV from my phone as well as browse a guide on my phone. Movies were available for purchase on the TV -I was not constantly asked to re-connect to the WiFi service as if i'm trying to steal it or something. -The Monday-Thursday "Dinner" was 100% better in both quality and selection. In Phoenix the food was so good I was actually able to save my company some money by not paying for separate dinners. In Charlotte the food was so terrible that was not possible. The Residence inn had a few type of Beer in cans during this time which is superior to the skunky keg that got rolled out every night in Charlotte. -The breakfast selection quality was the same, both very good. The Waffle Iron at the Homewood Suites made PERFECT waffles everytime. There certainly was nothing terrible about my stay at the Homewood Suites (except maybe the managers reception food) but also nothing that stood out. Based on a direct comparision to a competing Hotel under the same 1 week business trip type conditions I would choose the Residence Inn over the Homewood Suited everytime and it was cheaper, Based on the location and surrounding area anyone would have expected the Residence Inn to be much more expensive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Geoff O,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide the exceptional stay you've come to expect from us. These details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark during your stay. Your feedback provides many areas we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and we hope you will return to see our improvements. Thank you again.