“Excellent stay”

Ranked #39 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
memphis, tn
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I recently stayed there on December 30th. The property is great and the front desk staff are so helpful. The buffet in the morning has so many options and is so clean and fresh. The rooms are suites and it is nice to be able to spread all of your things out. They also have aiport shuttle service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Maurice F, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We always love hearing about how much our guests enjoyed their stay with us! We hope that when you are back in the Charlotte area, you visit us for a hospitable stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Stratford, Connecticut
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at your hotel on 12-26-12 after having our flight cancelled. Having traveled and stayed at numerous hotels, we found the customer service provided to be extraordinary in comparison.

The rooms were clean. The staff went above and beyond to help make sure we were comfortable.

If you are staying anywhere near the airport or in Charlotte, I highly recommend staying here.

Michele

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michele K
Dear Michele,

First off thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to write a response. I know myself, the entire staff, and of course all of Trip Advisor's avid users truly appreciate this. We are thrilled to hear that everything was perfect with your room and stay. We continually strive for perfection and work tremendously hard in order to ensure a comfortable night for each and every guest (even the little ones need comfortable beds). We look forward to having you stay with us next time you are passing through Charlotte.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is a Homewood Suites in a business area/setting, close to the airport. The hotel is in acceptable physical shape. There were a few service issues - front desk clerk was a bit confused when I checked in and didn't know much detail about the light rail service to the downtown area (we were there for the ACC football championship game). Later, the manager was able to give me correct and detailed directions to access the light rail station. At breakfast the next day they were a little overwhelmed - not sure they were ready for that many guests on a Sunday morning. When I told the manager at the desk they were out of coffee, I noticed she took care of it herself. Lastly, after I left, I got a phone call because they were confused how to bill me - I paid for a one-bedroom room suite but upgraded to a two-bedroom suite with Honors points - in fact, that was part of the confusion at check in too, I'm sure. But overall the stay was good and the staff was helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Maurice F, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

First thank you for staying with us during the ACC Football Championship. We here at Homewood Suites enjoy feedback from our guest. We do apologize for not having enough staff members on duty during the breakfast time. In the future we will have enough staff members on hand when we have major events. Also we are always training our front desk agents on billing issues that may accur during anyone stay so I thank you for your patience. Again if you are ever in the Charlotte area please stay with us and I know we will blow you away in our service.

maurice frazier
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Spent two nights here prior to Thanksgiving. First floor room convenient to the exterior door and parking. Easy in/out. However, we woke up the second morning to our room smelling of bacon from breakfast! Decor was typical, yet the vanity is approximately 40" high. I didn't bring my tape measure in, but based it on the difference in height from the kitchen counter. If you're short, or a child, good luck!! Food in the dining area was great. Although we didn't eat dinner either night, it looked good. breakfast was great each morning. My biggest complaint was the beds. They were absolutely at the end of their life. Every spring in the mattress was evident when sitting or laying down. Very uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Room 100 is adjacent to the side exterior door, with close parking .
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DSGAtlanta_GA
Maurice F, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and giving us great feedback from your stay. First, we do want to apologize for the odor of bacon which doesn't happen very often. We do take pride in having our guest feel comfortable in their suites at all times. Next time you visit us take part in our Manager's Recepition. The food will knock your socks off!! I'm truly glad you are a loyal Hilton/Homewood guest and the next time you visit Charlotte please stay with us again,

maurice frazier
Walled Lake, Michigan
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We spent 3 nights when in Charlotte when in town for the race. Although we weren't in the room too much, it was very comfortable when we were there at night. Plenty of room to move around and it was quiet. It was great that we didn't have to hunt around for plugs for all our electronics, there were 2 in each lamp!
Would definitely stay again the next time we are in Charlotte.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Maurice F, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you so much for visiting us while you were in Charlotte, NC this pass weekend. We appreciate the positive feedback about our rooms. The next time you are in Charlotte we hope that you will stay at our hotel and make yourself at home again.

Maurice Frazier
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have like staying in Homewood Suites they are very comfortable and hospitable from serving a free supper to free breakfast that is delicious.

I am usually tired after a long day of being a road warrior and having supper at the hotel is nice.

The free wifi was pleasantly fast to get work done.

The hotel was in good condition.

Room Tip: Convenient to airport and downtown.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SoilDoctor
Maurice F, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Value Guest,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, here at Homewood Suites. We like to treat everyone like family and we want you to feel at home. I will definitely let me entire staff know about the positive feedback you have giving us. When you return to Charlotte, please visit us again.

Best,

Maurice Frazier
Albany, New York
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

This is the second time I've stayed in two weeks. First time was decent with a clean room. No negative comments other than location isn't that great since there is nothing in walking distance.

This week it was a fine stay and I had requested late check out. I put the do not disturb sign up as I was working during the morning. Around 1230 house keeping decided to let themselves in without knocking. So this pisses me off a little as I had a DnD sign up and late check out confirmed. I know house keeping wants to get done as quickly as possible but interrupting someone is not acceptable.

There is a very nice looking doubletree that will likely get me business next week which is right down the street.

• Stayed September 2012
Maurice F, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I very much appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointments with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the frustration you experienced when the actions of the housekeeping staff did not meet your expectations. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. If you should need anything in the future, please feel free to contact my directly. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.