“Home away from home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport
Ranked #41 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the Democratic National Convention. I was working at the convention and my employer booked several rooms at this hotel.

I arrived at CLT on a Friday afternoon and called the hotel upon arrival. The hotel shuttle arrived at the airport within 15 minutes. I was checked in quickly and efficiently. I didn't have a car, but there is a convenience store next door so I walked over there to get some snacks and beverages to last during my stay. I ordered takeout for dinner on the first night and the delivery person was able to come straight to my room.

The hotel breakfast was decent with a good variety of food. The dining area was large and had a good atmosphere.

The rooms themselves were nice in that they felt like a little apartment. The kiing sized bed was super comfortable. It was nice to have a separate living room with a second TV and a DVD player. The desk in the bedroom didn't have enough accessible power outlets, so I set my laptop up on the kitchen island / desk. The kitchen appliances were a little outdated, but honestly it wasn't a big deal as all I needed was a fridge to keep things cold and a microwave to heat things up. I didn't use the dishwasher. I liked having real dishes and silverware.

The one downfall of the hotel was the hotel gym. Upon entering the gym it was hot and muggy. I looked around for the climate control, and realized there was a hole in the wall where the AC unit once was. You could see through to the outside world, so whatever temperature it was outside was what it was in the gym. Now, it was early September in Charlotte so it was pretty hot. I just pretended I was running outside on the few days I did use the gym since it was so hot.

The hotel offered free shuttle rides to the closest Lynx station. I took advantage of this one day. The ride to the Lynx station was about 5 minutes and then it was just another 10 minutes on the train to reach Uptown Charlotte. I called the hotel when I was on my way back and they sent a shuttle driver to pick me up from the Lynx station.

I will probably not have a reason to book a hotel in Charlotte in the future since my in-laws live there and I have a free place to stay, but I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice place to stay near the airport. There isn't a whole lot of excitement on this side of the city, so the location is the only caveat of the place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TVChick16
Maurice F, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for so much for your business and feedback. I'm truly glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel gave you great service. I will definitely take your recommendation about the gym air quality into consideration. We are working on that. Thank you choosing Homewood Suites Charlotte Airport

Reviewed August 19, 2012

i have never had a bad experience yet at this hotel.. the service had been great... love staying at this hotel the pool area is relaxing...the beds are awesome this is the only hotel that i get a great night sleep without waking up with neck and back pain..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Just stayed one night following our flight into Charlotte from the UK. Check in excellent and a follow up call a few minutes later to check everyone was satisfactory. Being Brits we love our hot tea and the staff arranged for some cartons of milk to be sent up which was so nice. The evening meal was a real bonus, especially after your flight not having to go back out looking for a restaurant.
We had a 2 bedroomed suite as there were 6 adults and it was great we could all be accommodated together in 1 unit.
I would recommend the Homewood suites here, excellent staff and cheaper than getting separate rooms.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Welshcake2
barronroberts, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you so much for letting us and the entire Tripadvisor community know how we are doing. We use these reviews as our report cards. We were thrilled to hear that your stay was a most pleasant one. The two bedroom suites are quite spacious with two separate bedrooms and then the living room kitchen area. We do have a 24 hour coffee and tea station. We look forward to seeing you next time you are back in Charlotte. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

We just stayed one night because we were passing through but will definitely stay again when we come back to Charlotte for a visit. The staff was very helpful and were prepared with a bed for our toddler grandson. We agree with other reviewers that our suite was amazingly quiet for being so close to the airport.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Foodie12348
barronroberts, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

First off thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to write a response. I know myself, the entire staff, and of course all of Trip Advisor's avid users truly appreciate this. We are thrilled to hear that everything was perfect with your room. We continually strive for perfection and work tremendously hard in order to ensure a comfortable night for each and every guest (even the little ones need comfortable beds). We look forward to having you stay with us next time you are passing through Charlotte.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay for the weekend at your hotel. The nice clean rooms to your very friendly staff, and the good food at your breakfast bar made for a very pleasant stay. Great home away from home environment!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Shell D
Stacie B, Guest Service Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Shell,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We always love to hear feedback from our guests and we are so happy you stayed with us! I hope your trip to Charlotte was as enjoyable as your stay, We look forward to having you back for a visit in the near future!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I LOVE this hotel chain. They have clean, beautiful rooms with a complete master bedroom, living room, bathroom and kitchen. FREE BREAKFAST & DINNER during week days! And I mean meatballs w/ mashed potatoes, vegetables, salad bar, bread, BEER & WINE, etc.. You cannot beat it! Friendly, impeccable service, everything you could want!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Stacie B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Thank you! Homewood Suites has received national recognition recently as being a first choice hotel brand in value. We are glad to be part of such an award winning notable Hilton hotel!

Reviewed April 3, 2012

My title really says it all.My family came through for the weekend, and I don't make reviews often but I felt this stay was of note. Despite some technical difficulties (such is life!) they were having with their key machine, they went out of their way to ensure that we as the guests were not inconvenienced in the slighest. Every staff member I chatted with was welcoming and friendly.

The price can be a little high at times (for the Hilton Brand in general) but really considering the rooms and services of the Homewood Suites specifically, it's a pretty good value! My family usually looks for a Homewood Suites when we travel because of the quality and conveniences that accompany their rooms, and we were not disappointed in the slightest at this location! Thanks again for a quiet, clean, friendly, hassle-free stay!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank allen1979

Thank you for your kind remarks and we truly appreciate your patience and understanding though our technical difficulties. We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travel brings you to Charlotte!
Suzanne Stickley, General Manager