I stayed at this hotel for the Democratic National Convention. I was working at the convention and my employer booked several rooms at this hotel.
I arrived at CLT on a Friday afternoon and called the hotel upon arrival. The hotel shuttle arrived at the airport within 15 minutes. I was checked in quickly and efficiently. I didn't have a car, but there is a convenience store next door so I walked over there to get some snacks and beverages to last during my stay. I ordered takeout for dinner on the first night and the delivery person was able to come straight to my room.
The hotel breakfast was decent with a good variety of food. The dining area was large and had a good atmosphere.
The rooms themselves were nice in that they felt like a little apartment. The kiing sized bed was super comfortable. It was nice to have a separate living room with a second TV and a DVD player. The desk in the bedroom didn't have enough accessible power outlets, so I set my laptop up on the kitchen island / desk. The kitchen appliances were a little outdated, but honestly it wasn't a big deal as all I needed was a fridge to keep things cold and a microwave to heat things up. I didn't use the dishwasher. I liked having real dishes and silverware.
The one downfall of the hotel was the hotel gym. Upon entering the gym it was hot and muggy. I looked around for the climate control, and realized there was a hole in the wall where the AC unit once was. You could see through to the outside world, so whatever temperature it was outside was what it was in the gym. Now, it was early September in Charlotte so it was pretty hot. I just pretended I was running outside on the few days I did use the gym since it was so hot.
The hotel offered free shuttle rides to the closest Lynx station. I took advantage of this one day. The ride to the Lynx station was about 5 minutes and then it was just another 10 minutes on the train to reach Uptown Charlotte. I called the hotel when I was on my way back and they sent a shuttle driver to pick me up from the Lynx station.
I will probably not have a reason to book a hotel in Charlotte in the future since my in-laws live there and I have a free place to stay, but I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice place to stay near the airport. There isn't a whole lot of excitement on this side of the city, so the location is the only caveat of the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a home away from home with abundant, comfortable indoor space and fun outdoor amenities without the required maintenance. You've found it in Homewood Suites by Hilton® Charlotte Airport hotel in North Carolina, located only 3 miles from Charlotte Douglas International Airport.Enjoy apartment-style suites, lush landscaping, a swimming pool and commercial grills near the courtyard. Consider dining alfresco during the daily, hot full breakfast and evening dinner with drinks* served Monday through Thursday. Unwind by practicing on the putting green using our golf balls and putters, or working out in the local fitness center. During the colder months, sip a cup of coffee or hot tea in front of the double-sided fireplace in the lobby.Select from 102 one- or two-bedroom suites for corporate housing, extended stays or weekend getaways. Surf the internet with complimentary WiFi. Give us your grocery list and we will stock your full-sized refrigerator. Use our convenient complimentary airport shuttle service.Enjoy convenient access to AT&T, Goodrich, Premier and Compass. Close to downtown and Historic Southend, this Charlotte hotel features the Douglas Conference Room for 60 attendees. Plan a smaller meeting in the executive boardroom that accommodates 20. Visit the Billy Graham Library, Bank of America Stadium, EpiCentre, Nascar Hall of Fame or Carowinds Theme Park for local entertainment. Look no further than the Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport when considering Charlotte hotels near the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Charlotte Airport / Coliseum Hotel Charlotte
- Homewood Suites Charlotte Airport
- Homewood Charlotte
- Hilton Charlotte
- Charlotte Homewood Suites
- Charlotte Hilton