“Nice hotel”

Ranked #14 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
GTA
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2009

I stay here regularly on business. I typically stay in the suite with the jacuzzi. The noise from other rooms using the jacuzzi can be annoying if you are already asleep. The hotel is clean and safe. Breakfast staff are friendly and accomodating. Parking is a pain, lots of levels and sharp turns. Make sure you checkin before you park. Sometimes the parking was full which was a pain.
The location was good, I didn't go into the Epicenter very often but it's walking distance, less than a mile.
The exercise room is kinda small and badly arranged. The poos is also teeny tiny.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2009

I started staying at this hotel because it's the hotel my company used, but now I stay there any time I come to Charlotte. The hotel is beautiful and the personnel is very friendly. It's right in the middle of the downtown area, so it's really close to a lot of fun stuff.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank EIO264
Fletcher, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2008

If you stay here, note that Google maps gives wrong directions to the hotel (call for directions before going!) When we called to get out of the bad neighborhood we were lost in, it took over 5 minutes for someone to answer the phone. When we finally arrived (at 4:00pm), the front desk was empty. No one was there to check us in. We waited over 10 minutes for someone to check us in. Our room was upgraded to a whirlpool suite, and the room was very nice. When we called for the shuttle to take us to our event, once again the phone rang for 10 minutes before some answered. This effectivly made us late for our event. The Shuttle itself was very convinient, and free. The breakfast was excellent. We have stayed at other HGI's before and enjoyed those stays, however this hotel was seriously understaffed, and very disappointing. We will probably stay at the Hilton next time we are in Charlotte, as it is nicer and better staffed.

• Liked — The free shuttle and the breakfast
  • Disliked — seriously understaffed! long waits at the front desk, very annoying.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joenjillavl
Cleveland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2008

Stayed for two days for interviewing purposes. Everyone was very friendly and hotel was clean. Servers in restaurant were very nice and helpful. Can get a hotel room with a board room style table for interviewing which was nice. Was able to get a cab in 3 minutes with phone call and be at airport in 10-15 minutes. Very convenient and will go back when in Charlotte.

Stayed August 2008
Western NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2008

First visit to Charlotte for a business trip. Meetings held in the hotel. Very enjoyable stay. Very nice room (1205). Excellent bed and pillows. Fridge and microwave. Big room, nice bathroom with good showerhead.

Good breakfast for $9.99. Great service from Ingrid. Small bar with tv. Mini-store in the lobby.

But the best service is the free shuttle to wherever you want to go within a 3-mile radius of the hotel. Runs late night on the weekends and maybe until 11pm weeknights.

Alicia and Mork on the shuttle were fabulous.

Was concerned about the NASCAR construction but have to say, wasn't an issue. Bring some tylenol PM or some ear plugs, turn on the air conditioner and you're all set.

• Liked — Great beds and pillows
  • Disliked — construction across the street and a bit far from any activity
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Graham County, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2008

Drove to Charlotte with a friend to see the Colts/Panthers game last fall and stayed overnight at the Hilton when Priceline picked it for us.

It was pretty good. There was a pool and a decent workout gym. Everything was clean and the people were friendly. When we checked in they told us to sign up for the Honors rewards program. I just got my statement that's what made me think to post.

That night we walked to Tryon Street and found lots to do. And we had a decent breakfast in the hotel the next morning.

A good nights stay. I don't know if I'd pay full price to stay there again, but only because I don't need anything that fancy.

• Liked — close to things
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2008

I have probably stayed at this hotel on about half a dozen occasions while down in Charlotte for work in the past year, and a few times more while down there working with the builders putting up our new house in Charlotte where we are relocating to.

Overall, it is pretty much what you would expect from an HGI - basically a business class hotel with a few added amenities such as evening room service. I don't know about staying here on vacation, but for work its in a good area right off of Tryon and a couple of the major highways. The beds are comfortable, everything always works in the rooms and, while the room service food is not spectacular, the service is pretty speedy. I have been upgraded a few times to one of their suites (like one or two others who have posted reviews, I am also Diamond at Hilton) but the quality of the rooms has been pretty consistent whether or not it was the jacuzzi suite or just a standard room.

They do offer a shuttle service downtown that will also come out and pick you up on request as well - a nice little perk.

I would normally give a hotel like this a 3 - nothing fancy, but everything you need. But I'll give them a 4 only because the quality of the rooms and the staff has been consistently great during the 8-10 times I've stayed there in the past year.

Yes - the parking garage could have been designed a bit better but I've been forced to park in worse. If you have a truck or an SUV, and you see spaces available on the lower levels - take them instead of trying to find one higher up. It dead ends at the top and turning around is hard enough with a regular-sized car, much less something bigger.

Take note, the NASCAR Hall Of Fame is being built right across the street and those construction workers do start pretty early. They do have signs posted about this in the lobby (although maybe this should be noted on the website) and I believe the thing will not be completed until about 2010 if I read one of them right. So, yes, there may be some early morning noise. On a stay back in the Fall, we were woken up bright and early by these guys on a Saturday morning. On future visits, when checking in I have simply asked that, if my room is on the same side of the hotel as the construction site, if they could move me to a room on the other side of the hotel. The staff has always accommodated these requests and, as long as your room doesn't face the construction site, you probably won't hear all of the racket.

All in all a nice place to stay if going to downtown Charlotte for business or if all you are looking for is a place to spend the night while in the area and don't have a need for the amenities of the more full-service hotels.

• Stayed May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)