“Business as usual”

Ranked #15 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Clayton, North Carolina
“Business as usual”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was in Charlotte for the US Sweet Potato Council; annual meeting and stayed here. The rooms were what you would expect at this chain. My only complaint was the lobby was not up to there usual standards but not a deal breaker. My room was on the 14th floor with a terrific view of downtown Charlotte.

Room Tip: Get a room on the west side facing downtown
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ekohlenstein, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Uptown, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are emerging this new year with a new lobby that has been under renovation since middle October. I have been hibernating as well as the comments during this time have been quit favorable. I am afraid your stay may have coincided with the time frame we moved back into our lobby but had not received the new furniture and decorations yet. We trust that upon your return the next time you are in town, our new lobby will have a complete refreshed feel for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
York, Maine, United States
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The entire experience was splendid..... clean prompt and curtious. The added benefit is that the hotel is in a great location near the convention center for the business traveler and the public transportation is safe and timely

Room Tip: Ask for the King bed with Jaccuzzi tub!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the over overwhelmingly positive words and we look forward to your return!
Millersburg, Ohio
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Excellent customer service! Fantastic front desk staff. Very conveniently located to the convention center. I felt very safe walking from the convention center to the hotel, even in the dark. The area is well-lite. Also, the NASCAR Hall of Fame is right next door. I have stayed twice, once in 2009 and in 2013. I would definitely stay there again if I am in Charlotte.

1 Thank Bon C
Berryville, Virginia
Reviewed January 11, 2013

If you need help getting around I suggest parking with the valet. Its a walk from the garage to your room over stairs and halls with your bags. Otherwise it was a great stay. The Nascar mueseum and ice rink with great light rail and bus access is all around. It's clean and 5 minutes to the convention center. Staff is great. Breakfast and dinner were excellent.

Avondale, Arizona
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Checked in on the 28th Dec 2012 the staff was very polite at the front desk & in the restaurant. I've stayed here a few times never had any problems. The room are clean & it's a quite hotel which I like.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
USA
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Pros:
Very friendly staff (I interacted with both dinning and front desk staff)
Free coffee
Free Shuttle to the Time Warner Arena area
Quick check in
Hotel lobby and restaurant being renovated.
Location- right across the road from the NASCAR museum. Easy walking distance to the Time Warner Arena.
Clean room, bath room, and comfy beds
Microwave and fridge in the room
Decent internet but the hotel did not appear to be at capacity which may have helped

Semi cons:
I feel I am unable to fully review this hotel as it is currently being renovated. We had no access to the hotel lobby and breakfast was served in one of the hotel ballrooms. For that I do feel that the cost of the hotel room should have been a little less. It really didn't bother me but it may bother others. It appears to be a cute little lobby so I was disappointed I didn't have access to it. I dont remember seeing anything on their website that this property was under renovation.

I rated this hotel as average partly because I have traveled a good bit this year and I do feel the rooms are a bit dated. I think they can do some very simple things to help refresh the rooms. For example, the lamps for example are a little 1990s. The wallpaper in the bathroom can also go.

If you have a large vehicle, note there are some tight turns in the parking garage.

Room Tip: Higher you go, the less you have to worry about street noise
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Greenville
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a concert we were seeing at Time Warner Arena. The location was great we could walk there and back within 10 minutes. I don't feel like they were staffed well enough for such a big concert. When we checked in we were told we were on the 8th floor and where to park. They failed to tell us that the elevators in the parking garage didn't go up to the 8th floor, so when the elevator didn't work we thought we would just walk up the stairs (mind you it's freezing!!!!!) we get to the 8th floor to not to be able to get into the door. I then called the front desk and told them where we were they said they would send someone right up, we waited and no one came, called again the manager said he's on his way, I explain where we are again. After 20 minutes of waiting we now go down the stairs all through the parking garage to the front desk for them to tell us they couldn't find us. All of this could've been prevented simply by them saying to us.........you are on the 8th floor once you park you will need to come into the lobby to get to the 8th floor. The room was nice and clean, bed slept really well, we were woken up by the people in the next room around 2am so the walls are a little thin.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Theroders3
ekohlenstein, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Uptown, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Needless to say we are disappointed that your stay was soured by poor navigation of our complex. I happened to be at the front desk the night in question and although I did not communicate with you directly, was aware of how unerving this was to you and your companion. Only once you made it back to the desk, were we able to piece together your location in the stairwell inside the condominiums that rest above the parking deck, between the two hotels. In an effort to continue to improve our operation, I believe you would like to know that we are in the process of installing signage in these stairwells to alert our hotel patrons they are in the wrong area of our complex so that future patrons do not have the same experience. Thank you again for your patience the evening you were here and we look forward to your return under better circumstances.