“Good hotel but not what I expected from a Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte North
Ranked #42 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

The remodeled lobby and restaurant look great. However the rest of the hotel desperately needs the same attention. Functionally the rooms are good but they show their age.

The room cost was very high compared to what we normally pay at the Hampton near the airport. This is likely due to a big event in Charlotte since most hotels are full.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank dz_zd
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte North

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was travelling back from Florida looking for a place to stop for the night and came upon this place just before dark. I am really glad that I did. The front desk staff was very friendly, great customer service by everyone. The lobby appears to be newly rejovated and is gorgeous. Several chain style restaurants close by, plus a Caribbean restaurant and an oriental buffett. They also serve dinner and breakfast in the hotel.

The rooms were clean and comfortable with adjustable beds and were equipped with a microwave and fridge. The whirlpool spa is very nice after a long day of driving, as is the workout room. There are also some pleasant places to walk around the hotel.

I did take advantage of the breakfast and it was very good (additional charge). They had a buffett with everything, but also a cook to order grill that would make omelets, eggs cooked to order, pancakes, waffles, etc included in the niominal price charged for the buffett. The wait staff and cooks were very friendly.

I am sure I will stay again when I pass this way in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank RUtraveller
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I would for sure stay and recommed this hotel again and again. The front desk staff are a 10 out 10. If you get a chance order the Tomatoe Bisk Soup it is so delicious and worth the stay on it's own. I booked for a hockey team and for myself and the staff couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. The hotel itself is gorgeous and extremely clean. The breakfast is as good as any restuarant. I have nothing negative to report at all.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This must be an original Hilton Garden Inn, the rooms are getting tired, and kinda boring. Even my famous Hilton Garden Inn adjustable bed seemed like it was a little 'deflated'. They recently went through a lobby renovation, because the lobby area/breakfast area does not match the photos in travel advisor. I just hope they keep going with the rest of the hotel.

Bob Evans next door, so if you don't get a Breakfast Buffett coupon - it's a couple of steps from the front door.

Room Tip: Ask if they have an updated rooms!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank orreo5859
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was pure luxury. It has everything that you would need, want and more. The gym is very nice, and fully equipped with everything you would need to get your sweat on an your blood flowing. There's a pool and jacuzzi which are beautifully set up. The breakfast bar was the BEST :-) and the staff was so friendly and cheerful. I can't comment on the price because I did not pay for the hotel but I would guess that it would be worth your buck. There's plenty to do close by. Less than 3 miles away is the North Lake Mall with many shopping boutiques and stores. There's also many places to eat at in the same area. I would recommend this hotel for a nice, relaxed luxury stay in Charlotte NC.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 17, 2013

There's not much to say about this hotel. It's not near to downtown so we had to rent a car. The chain restaurants nearby are nice enough. We were close enough to my in-laws without being too close, so we picked this hotel. A decent enough stay for the price.

The lobby is nothing to speak of. The rooms are clean, if older. The bathroom is clean but not nice - the towels are thin, the tp is thin too.

The people who work here are very nice. That's the good part - we were greeted coming and going. They brought extra towels and extra pillows quickly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is just about the saddest little Hilton Garden that I've ever stayed in. Lobby under construction, stark depressing rooms, generic brand in-room coffee, budget-hotel styled bathroom. If you are coming to Charlotte, you're better off downtown I guess.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank cmonster78
JamieDudley, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte North, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Jamie