“Very happy!”

Ranked #41 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Very happy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

After a terrible experience at a previous hotel, I switched hotels to the Hilton Garden Inn and was immediately impressed. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are very clean and spacious. My room has a whirlpool tub, small refrigerator and microwave; it is perfect! The rooms are very quiet and you rarely hear another guest shut their door, let alone hear conversations in the hallway (and so far, I haven't heard anything through the walls - which is a huge plus!). I travel a lot and really dislike the paper-thin walls of hotels where you can hear others' conversations.

The hotel offers the free use of a washer and two dryers (you just purchase detergent). Room service is tasty and prompt (and inexpensive as compared to other hotels).

The hotel is within one mile of a very large mall/shopping center with a lot of restaurants and shops; it is very convenient. It is also close the the freeway (you can't hear the freeway from your room), which will be nice when I need to get to the airport.

Above all, when I arrived the hotel had put a nice note with a small package of Oreos and two bottles of water in the refrigerator for my arrival. These small touches meant a lot.

Defnitely would recommend this hotel and will stay there again if I am back in town!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here for my sister-in-law's wedding. The hotel keys didn't keep their magnetic memory, and we had to go to the front desk 3 times during our stay to get our keys recoded so we could get in our hotel room. Breakfast was expensive! They charged $10.95 per person for not much more than a continental breakfast. Room service was only offered for limited hours around dinner time. There was lots of room confusion upon checking in with the wedding rate, and I believe one couple was even placed in a room reserved and paid for by others not even associated with the wedding party. I only received cleaning services one day and on that day had to leave my room for them to clean it after having been gone for 6 hours earlier in the day. The 2nd day I was there, I was gone for 9 hours and my room still hadn't been cleaned by the time I got back. I will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

The Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte North in Charlotte, NC, is a great hotel. It is very clean, the staff is friendly, and the location is convenienet to businesses in the suburban area north of Charlotte, There are many businesses, stores, and restaurants nearby. The only downside is that there is noise from the nearby I-77 freeway which I was able to mask with the fan in the air conditioner.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

We ended up here after having to switch hotels in the middle of our stay due to the uncomfortable beds at the previous hotel. We purposely chose a Garden Inn for their comfortable beds. When we called, we explained our situation and asked for the best rate possible on short notice. We were told the best they could do was their "best available rate" and we found it fair (and also the same price as the hotel we were leaving.) We were pleasantly surprised upon arrival to find they had complimentary upgraded us to include a room with a jacuzzi tub. We found this a nice touch and the person at the front desk was very friendly and professional and you could tell he enjoyed his job.

The swimming pool did look on the smaller side - half was outside, half was inside. I imagine it is much smaller in the winter months when only the inside portion can be used. We did not use it though on this trip. There is an eating area in the lobby but it is not included in the price of the room. I believe I saw breakfast was $10. If this does not appeal to you, consider that you are near many good restaurants and being just a mile from the mall, you have many options. Other reviewers commented on the noise level - we happen to always travel with white noise and so we did not notice it during our sleep. And we did get a good sleep in thanks to the comfortable beds!

Overall, I'd recommend this as a simple, solid hotel. If you are looking for luxury or a resort, this is not for you. If you are looking for a good nights sleep near decent food and shopping with friendly staff, then this will do.

Room Tip: always mention before you arrive if you are celebrating a special occasion
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jwramr
Athens, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed here on a quick trip to visit some friends who were in from Europe. The location was perfect for us and provided a good nights sleep, but the age is definitely showing on the building. Everything was clean looking, but the carpets were pretty old and the air conditioning seemed stale or a bit musty. The noise from the hallway surprised me a bit too. In the past, I have lived in Hilton properties for months at a time and basically, this one was a lot closer to being a Hampton Inn than a Hilton Garden Inn. We would stay again though since it was well placed. It just doesn't compare to other HGI locations I have seen.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

HGI's are one of my favorite hotels with just the right amount of upscale amenities without being too stuffy like many full service properties. This HGI is showing signs of wear/use but overall was still very good. Evolution bed is very comfortable. Good pillows. Has micro/fridge and coffee maker. Above average breakfast, although it's not cheap. The pool is extremely small as is hot tub, no laps or pool parties here. Service was average for HGI.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2011

Stayed April 2011 for four nights at the Hilton Garden Charlotte North. It was a great location just a couple blocks east of the North Lakes Mall. Nice safe area with easy access to the Charlotte area. Just a short trip (ten minutes or less) to downtown Charlotte and the Nascar Museum ... Staff was friendly, the pool is open 24/7 and is heated with half of the pool inside and half outside. Indoor hottub and small gym. The pool is smaller but was very nice. The outside patio around the pool has tables and chairs. Would stay here again. Places to eat Bob Evans, Jack in Box, & Arby's in parking lot area. Would highly recommend the Segway tour of downtown Charlotte at 401 East 2nd Street across from Nascar Museum it can be found on the web. Reservations required.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
JamieDudley, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte North, responded to this review, April 25, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel, we look forward to serving you on your future visits to Charlotte! The segway tour is a great way to see the city I am glad to hear you enjoyed the tour as well as your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback, if we can be of any assistance on your next visit feel free to contact us.

Thank You!