“Good value”

Ranked #41 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good value”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We ended up here after having to switch hotels in the middle of our stay due to the uncomfortable beds at the previous hotel. We purposely chose a Garden Inn for their comfortable beds. When we called, we explained our situation and asked for the best rate possible on short notice. We were told the best they could do was their "best available rate" and we found it fair (and also the same price as the hotel we were leaving.) We were pleasantly surprised upon arrival to find they had complimentary upgraded us to include a room with a jacuzzi tub. We found this a nice touch and the person at the front desk was very friendly and professional and you could tell he enjoyed his job.

The swimming pool did look on the smaller side - half was outside, half was inside. I imagine it is much smaller in the winter months when only the inside portion can be used. We did not use it though on this trip. There is an eating area in the lobby but it is not included in the price of the room. I believe I saw breakfast was $10. If this does not appeal to you, consider that you are near many good restaurants and being just a mile from the mall, you have many options. Other reviewers commented on the noise level - we happen to always travel with white noise and so we did not notice it during our sleep. And we did get a good sleep in thanks to the comfortable beds!

Overall, I'd recommend this as a simple, solid hotel. If you are looking for luxury or a resort, this is not for you. If you are looking for a good nights sleep near decent food and shopping with friendly staff, then this will do.

Room Tip: always mention before you arrive if you are celebrating a special occasion
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jwramr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Athens, West Virginia
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed here on a quick trip to visit some friends who were in from Europe. The location was perfect for us and provided a good nights sleep, but the age is definitely showing on the building. Everything was clean looking, but the carpets were pretty old and the air conditioning seemed stale or a bit musty. The noise from the hallway surprised me a bit too. In the past, I have lived in Hilton properties for months at a time and basically, this one was a lot closer to being a Hampton Inn than a Hilton Garden Inn. We would stay again though since it was well placed. It just doesn't compare to other HGI locations I have seen.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed May 17, 2011

HGI's are one of my favorite hotels with just the right amount of upscale amenities without being too stuffy like many full service properties. This HGI is showing signs of wear/use but overall was still very good. Evolution bed is very comfortable. Good pillows. Has micro/fridge and coffee maker. Above average breakfast, although it's not cheap. The pool is extremely small as is hot tub, no laps or pool parties here. Service was average for HGI.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Stayed April 2011 for four nights at the Hilton Garden Charlotte North. It was a great location just a couple blocks east of the North Lakes Mall. Nice safe area with easy access to the Charlotte area. Just a short trip (ten minutes or less) to downtown Charlotte and the Nascar Museum ... Staff was friendly, the pool is open 24/7 and is heated with half of the pool inside and half outside. Indoor hottub and small gym. The pool is smaller but was very nice. The outside patio around the pool has tables and chairs. Would stay here again. Places to eat Bob Evans, Jack in Box, & Arby's in parking lot area. Would highly recommend the Segway tour of downtown Charlotte at 401 East 2nd Street across from Nascar Museum it can be found on the web. Reservations required.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
JamieDudley, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte North, responded to this review, April 25, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel, we look forward to serving you on your future visits to Charlotte! The segway tour is a great way to see the city I am glad to hear you enjoyed the tour as well as your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback, if we can be of any assistance on your next visit feel free to contact us.

Thank You!
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed January 13, 2011

We had a group at HGI Charlotte North for our 2011 New Year celebration. With about 20 of us staying, I'm pleased to say that everyone (yes, everyone) was very happy with their rooms. The staff at HGI North was very accommodating, even with them working through the holiday. We used the shuttle service to get to dinner and party and Mac made sure we all got back to the hotel safely, thank goodness :-) Thanks to all who got our New Year off to a great beginning. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Maineville, Ohio
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Stopped for 2 nights last week. Checked in online to room 503 on top floor.
Room was OK. Nothing special. Had a fridge which was nice and a decent flatscreen.

Location is superb. Lots to do around. It's on a small retail park with numerous shops / restaurants. It's a short walk over the highway to a much larger shopping mall. This mall has enough eating options to keep you going for 6 months.

Air con was pretty noisy in the room. Even when it was switched off there were loud humming noises.

Breakfast (free with Hilton status) was excellent. Buffet was much better than your standard hampon etc. Cinnamon rolls were yummy!

The rate of $109 is pretty steep. Especially as people I was working with stopped at a Hampton a few miles away for $89/night and got a meal and drinks (beer wine) thrown in!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I stayed one night at the Hilton Garden Inn. I chose it because of the proximity to my clients. First and foremost, the service was wonderful. I straggled in at 11 am - my first meeting had cancelled and I had the entire day free. The gentleman at the front desk was great - he had a room readied for me right away so that I could check in early, even though check-in was not until 3 pm. This allowed me to get some work done instead of wasting an entire day.

The location is great - it's a quick drive to the local mall where there are plenty of decent places to eat. It's also only about 15 minutes from the airport. The breakfast was just OK, but since it was only $10, I won't complain too much!

The rooms are quite clean and up to date, and the bathroom was huge. At night the hotel was quiet, however, the maids start very early and were quite noisy. The bed was not the most comfortable I've slept in, but was tolerable. They do provide room service, although I didn't need to use it. All in all, this is a great place for the business traveler and I would recommend it. I'll be back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business