Omni Charlotte Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
2,259 results
All reviewsvalet staffvalet parkingwithin walking distancerooftop poolconvention centerlocation is greatstaff was friendlybusiness tripepicenterwalgreensdowntownconferencenightlifeconcertarena
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2007

My girlfriends and I had a great experience in Charlotte, North Carolina. We were warmly welcomed by a Bellman that 'gracefully' handled our luggage. I went to check-in and was greeted by all of the staff behind the desk that was not assisting other clients. In addition, there was a wedding reception going on at the hotel and they still did not loose me amongst all of the traffic. When entered the room there as a king size bed and I called downstairs and asked to exchange it for two doubles. The staff member stated that it was no problem and immediately exchanged it out. The Bellman who delivered the luggage gave us great suggestion for dinner, Zink, and we had a wonderful dinner. The hotel is conviently located in the heart of downtown Charlotte on Tryon Street. The rooms have been remodeled and the sleep was wonderful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank cngran0598
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2007

Thank you for taking the time to leave a recommendation for the Omni Charlotte Hotel. We are thrilled that you and your friends enjoyed your time with us and that you were well taken care of by our staff. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed June 14, 2007

3 day stay in the Omni Charlotte started with no rooms available on a Sunday afternoon at 2. Annoying, but it happens. Check the luggage and trek 4 blocks to the convention center. I get back and my room is ready. Security has been improved it seems. You need your keycard for ALL sleeping room floors, not just executive. Just one problem; the keycard reader is only on one side, but there are floor buttons on both sides. Oh well.

Step into the room and the oder of smoking hits me. Step back outside, yep, the number plate says no smoke. Go in. There is an ASH TRAY on the desk. Call front desk. So sorry sir, no alternate rooms available, we'll send someone to "freshen" your room. That means a maid comes and sprays something around the baseboards.

Lousy night sleep, great bed, but the setback on the cooling was huge. I was sweating. Next morning, I discover the real issues.

The bathroom has a rather large sink area and a separate room for the shower/tub and toilet. This room must be no more than 6 feet wide. This proves to be a problem. There is no fixture for soap or toiletries, and I'm sure that's because there is no room for one. If you put the bath mat out, it covers the floor mat, and the door sweep wont pass. The shower has a new nice head, but a short pipe which hits me about chin level (I'm average height).

Discover that there is no ironing board although there is an iron and a place to hang it. There is free WiFi, but no wired network. In this room, I get 1 bar, sometimes 2. My connection keeps dropping.

I looked. There are NO visible outlets on the wall. What there is was an outlet strip between the TV and the desk. Nothing else unless you move furniture. Doesn't even have an outlet on the lamp on the desk. There are two outlets on the side of the desk, weird, but they don't seem to work. I discovered later that they run off an extension cord that supposed to be plugged into the outlet strip, but it was unplugged.

I write these problems on a list, and hand it to an assistant manager. "So sorry sir, we'll take care of it. If you are all packed up, we'll move you to a different room". I was completely unpacked. I should have repacked and moved, but he seemed so sincere.

I get back that evening. The room still smells like smoke. Might be a little better, but it hits you as soon as you enter. There is an ironing board. They have placed a silly dish on the corner of the tub for the soap (they took that away the 2nd morning). Internet wasn't fixed, and the setback, of course, was the same.

This SEEMS like a typical Omni, reasonably high quality, good service, ... It's not. It's just a slick veneer on a 1 1/2 star hotel.

I won't be back

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank brtech

The Omni Charlotte regrets that your recent stay was not to your satisfaction. Please be assured that our management is reviewing and addressing each issue that you experienced to prevent any future occurances. We are dedicated to providing the ultimate in luxury and service to each of our guests and know that feedback such as this will allow us only to make necessary improvements.

Reviewed June 10, 2007

I stayed overnight at this hotel and was very pleased with the facilities and the staff. The room we stayed in was a little small but oh so luxurious. The bed was the ultimate in comfort. The pool was small but refreshing. The Omni is centrally located near plenty of restaurants and nightlife. It is easy to find off of Hwy 77. Do not believe all the negative reviews. The hotel tries hard to earn your satisfaction.

• Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank NCCatch222

The Omni Charlotte appreciates you taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of our property. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you return on your next trip to Charlotte.

Reviewed May 25, 2007

We stayed here overnight after arriving by Amtrak at 10pm, we checked out soon after breakfast the next day to drive up to Asheville. So it really was just a stopover for us. The hotel was ok and the beds were comfortable (but we were shattered after travelling all day so would probably have slept on a floor!). The bathroom was tiny and outdated but it was very obvious they were renovating the hotel. We woke early to the sound of wallpaper being scraped off the wall outside our room and when we left the room we had to tiptoe around decorators. I cannot believe the hotel was full and think they should have kept guests off the floors being redecorated. If I had been wanting a lie-in I'd have been furious as they started work at about 7am. We got a really good deal on the internet (about £55 for the room for the night) but if we'd paid much more I'd have been really unhappy.

Stayed: May 2007
2  Thank Buzzards15

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the Omni Charlotte. We are glad you chose to stay with us for your stopover and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to our renovations. We are pleased to announce that our renovations are complete and our beautiful new rooms are available to all guests of the hotel.

Reviewed May 17, 2007

The Omni in Charlotte is a fair hotel, certainly not the top choice in the city (i.e. the Westin). If I would give the Westin 8 out of 10 points the Omni would get 4. First the rooms, they have just been renovated and it is very hard to tell. The renovation appears to have just included new wall paper and rugs, the furniture is still old and beaten up, the bathrooms are cramped and include no amenities. My room in general was not very clean, there was a layer of dust on everything.

There is no in room safe or Ethernet connection for the Internet. The hotel does have a wireless network, but no one on my team was able to connect. There weren’t even any instructions or information about the wireless network in the room, I had to call and find out. A business hotel really needs to have Ethernet connections given how temperamental some of these wireless networks can be.

The service at the Omni was below expectations. I dropped my bags off at the front desk and was told they would be delivered to my room, they weren’t. My room didn’t have shampoo, I called the front desk and asked that some be brought up, it never was (even the next day housekeeping didn’t put any in my room). I called the concierge desk and the phone just kept ringing no one ever answered.

The hotel has a fitness center which includes about 6 pieces of equipement crammed into a very small room – not a place you look forward to using. There is a nice outdoor pool area on the second floor with lots of chairs and is pleasant place to hang out. The hotel opens out onto a mall so their lobby is tiny with a bar and restaurant that is similar to one you would find at an airport – not very good food.

I ordered from room service twice and it was ok, nothing special, a standard of menu but no complaints. The bottom line for this hotel is that it is centrally located in Charlotte and it is somewhat modern, but that is about it. There is a significant difference between the Westin and the Omni and if you have a choice pick the Westin…it is a very nice hotel…

• Stayed: May 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank rabble

The Omni Charlotte offers our sincerest apologies that your stay was not the exceptional experience that it should have been. We are committed to providing the highest level of service to each guest and your feedback will allow us to pinpoint areas that we may need to focus on. We encourage any guest that does have concerns during their stay to contact management so that we are able to take the appropriate steps to ensure the rest of your stay is enjoyable.