Omni Charlotte Hotel
$142
$85
$116
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$104
$139
$109
$89
2,288 results
All reviewsvalet staffvalet parkingwithin walking distancerooftop poolconvention centerlocation is greatstaff was friendlybusiness tripepicenterwalgreensdowntownconferencenightlifeconcertarena
Reviewed November 23, 2009

The Omni Hotel, despite its central location, is simply not up to scratch in today's market. The rooms are tired and small. The hotel itself does not have great facilities and is in need of renovation. The restaurant and bar are small and simply do not service the needs of the customer as I would have expected. The room rate is too high for what is being offered. Was it clean? Yes. Were the staff good? Mostly. Whilst not having good food and beverage offers is offset by the multiple offers surrounding the hotel it does mean you have to leave the property to access these choices. Sometimes you just don't feel like doing that. We would not choose to stay here again and I'd rather pay $20 or $30 more and go somewhere else. The business center was not always accessible as they would 'sell' it to conference space meaning that normal hotel guests could not get to it. We had to ring twice to have the room serviced. The elevators were slow and at once stage not operable at all requiring guests to use the service elevators.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2009

We appreciate your honest feedback from your stay at the Omni Charlotte Hotel. While we never want to hear that someone's stay is less than perfect, we always appreciate the opportunity to hear from our guests on what we can do to improve our services. Please accept our apologies that we were not able to exceed your expectations and we hope you will reconsider staying with again in the future.

Reviewed November 14, 2009

Stayed there first week in November 2009 for 3 nights. Clean room, easy internet access, easy access to eating and shopping. Short taxi ride from the Airport. I thought this was a good well kept property Only downside was the exercise room. Only two treadmills, and 2 cross trainers. One of the treadmills did not work for the 3 days I was there. However it is so connected to the other business office buildings you can make an indoor walk out of the skywalks between the buildings, which I did.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2009

Thank you for your generous review of the Omni Charlotte Hotel. Let us know if you plan to return and we'd be happy to arrange discounted access to the Charlotte Athletic Club located right off of our lobby for a full service fitness experience. Many thanks for your recommendation and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 2, 2009

Stayed here for a conference. They took a while to get the room ready, but they took my luggage and we all left to go about our business, and they called us when they were ready, which was nice. I ended up trying to go to the wrong room because I couldn't read the desk agent's writing, but someone came to help me out and take me to the right place and they were very pleasant about it, which is rare these days!

The rooms themselves were more than adequate and spacious enough, but they weren't particularly thrilling. I wasn't expecting anything scintillating for this conference though, so it actually exceeded expectations. I wish the TVs were flat screen. But the rooms were very clean, the beds comfortable, and the housekeeping leaves you nice chocolates on the bed and make up your room at night (turn down service). The front desk agent was very helpful about getting me a map when I needed to drive somewhere and even let me behind the counter so I could input directions myself into Mapquest.

I joined their free loyalty program and got free internet and goodies delivered to the room. Also, I banked my three company-paid nights towards a free night at a different Omni for my personal enjoyment :)

Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your stay at the Omni Charlotte. We are delighted that your conference gave you the opportunity to experience our property and we appreciate all of your feedback. We hope to welcome you back and help you earn your free night through our Omni Select Guest program!

Reviewed October 25, 2009

I stayed at this hotel from Oct. 23rd-25th 2009. The Omni is in an excellent location. It is less than a 5 minute walk from the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Mert's Heart and Soul Restaurant, and the Lynx Blue Line light rail station. In fact this hotel is within a 5-10 minute walk from the majority of restaurants and attractions in Uptown Charlotte. This hotel has the Overstreet Mall located below the lobby. You'll find stores including Starbucks, McDonald's, Caribou Coffee, Vino 100, Bijoux Terner and more! There is also a skybridge that connects the hotel to the EpiCentre.

The room was comfortable, had a wonderful view of the city, and had very nice amenities. In my opinion the only drawbacks were that the elevators were slow, there was no fridge in the room, and the cable reception wasn't that great. Other than that I would highly recommend this hotel for visitors to Charlotte.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family

Many thanks for your compliments of the Omni Charlotte Hotel. We are proud of our convenient location and are happy that you found us to be close to all that you were looking for in Charlotte. If you find yourself back in the Queen City we hope you will once again choose the Omni Charlotte Hotel.

Reviewed October 20, 2009

Just a few bullets.

* Great location if you are going to Time Warner arena for an event.
* Check-in was quick and efficient.
* Room was clean with the exception of a dirty wash cloth hanging on the shower curtain rod. Maid must have missed it. Not a big deal but not something I generally like to see.
* Beds were firm. We got two doubles instead of a King. Pillows were fine.
* Room has a mini-bar with various items in it, we didn't use it however.
* There is a CVS just a block away where you can buy a drink or whatever you might need which was convenient.
* Parking was convenient although they do charge $15 for self parking overnight. I wasn't aware of that charge until check-out. Again, not a big deal as I figured there might be a fee for it but no one pointed that out to us. They have valet but not sure the cost of that.
* We were on the 7th floor and got quite a bit of road noise (cars, sirens, etc.). If you are a really light sleeper you may want to request a higher floor.
* Join their Select Guest program before you go. This gets you several perks including wi-fi and drinks delivered to your room in the morning at your desired time. The wife had their coffee and said it was the best she's ever had (really!) and I just had a Coke. Also had a couple of glasses of water and two glasses of ice. You can also choose to have the newspaper delivered from a list. I got the Wall Street Journal and USA Today. They have several to choose from.

Overall this was a good stay and we'd definitely stay here again if going to a show at the arena. Maybe upgrading to flat-panel tv's in the room and making sure the front desk knows to inform guests of the parking charges would be the areas of opportunity I see. While this isn't a 5 star world class hotel, it is a good stay at a nice price (thanks Priceline!).

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Omni Charlotte. We appreciate feedback such as yours because it allows us to know what we are doing right and where we have room for improvement. We are hopeful that we will be able to upgrade our tv's in the very near future and will share your concerns about parking charges with our front office and door staff to reinforce the importance of letting people know the cost of parking. Outside of those issues we are happy to hear that you had a great stay and plan on returning. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back.