“Comfortable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Omni Charlotte Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Omni Charlotte Hotel
Ranked #36 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Overall, I had a good stay here. Stayed here for a conference and it was very close to the conference center. The beds were relatively comfortable. The rooms were large enough for two people. The service at the front desk was great and the people were super friendly with any questions that we had. They provided us with an abundance of towels (almost too many) and I enjoyed my time here. The only thing that I did not enjoy too much was that the bathrooms are a bit small and the air conditioning in the room is quite loud. However these things did not severely impact my stay here. Would stay again if i were to stay in Charlotte and would look at the Omni hotel chain for other travels.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Beaufort, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was visiting Charlotte on leisure. I arrived late around 11 pm and noticed the lobby and elevators to be rampant with drunk people from all the surrounding bars. My room smelled like smoke and was extremely noisy. The hotel in all came off as very dirty. There are much nicer hotels, for the same rate. I initially planned on staying two nights, but I left early and switched to the Marriott. I won't make the mistake of trying new places again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Zach S
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlotte Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Please accept our apologies that your stay with us wasn't more enjoyable. We are a 100% smoke free hotel and regret that your room did not reflect this policy. Your feedback will be shared with housekeeping as a reminder to thoroughly inspect all rooms for a lapse in policy so that they are immediately addressed. We also apologize if other guests coming into the hotel were not more orderly. We are a business and family friend hotel and we aim to provide a quiet and peaceful place for our guests to retire at the end of the day. All of your comments are valuable to us as we determine how we can improve our services and we truly hope that we will have a future opportunity to provide you with a great stay.
Scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

This hotel needs a refurbishment. It is in a good location and the public areas and staff are very nice but the rooms themselves are tired. The bathrooms are really small, the beds and bed linen are fairly poor and the decor out dated. I paid for an upgraded room for my husband and I and another superior room for our kids but really wish I hadn't bothered as its not worth the money. I particularly minded the uncomfortable beds since there is really no excuse for this even if the hotel is needing a revamp.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

wonderful hotel, great stay, Our room was wonderful, clean and cool, we slept well, Service was excellent, smiles and great guest acknowledgement. turndown service nice, never saw debris or trays in hallways, clean lobby and space all the time, was curious to see the meeting space and one of the banquet set up guys gladly showed me, great staff there you have at Charlotte Omni, Valet parking spot on and were on point. desk staff excellent, got coffee Sat morning and staff was friendly and prompt. love downtown Charlotte, best hotel in Charlotte hands down and really enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

King room was very spacious and comfortable. Staff were really friendly. Hotel is connected to the overstreet mall so you can move around the city during bad weather. Close to food and drink.

Room was nice, bed was firm, but comfortable (not hard). I really liked the free beverage room service each morning.

Found it too be quiet, didn't hear other rooms or outside.

NYC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Excellent Hotel, wonderful staff. The Charlotte area was very pleasant with great resturants in the walking distance. Took the family for a short walk to a kids library. A lot to see, I wish we had more time to walk around. I recieved this hotel room from my reward points, so the price was not a factor. If I paid out of pocket, i might think twice about staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Boston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was very pleased with the over-all experience. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating - at arrival and for all the questions I had. The location was very convenient. The room was clean and spacious. I would highly recommend the Omni to all my friends and family.