“Nice Hotel in Convenient Location”

Omni Charlotte Hotel
Ranked #45 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“Nice Hotel in Convenient Location”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The customer service here may have been the best part. Everyone from the bellman to the front desk staff were very pleasant and informative about the area. I stayed here on business and would definitely stay here again. It is located in the middle of downtown Charlotte, so you are within walking distance to nice restaurants and attractions.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlotte Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
We are delighted to read that you found all of the associates at the Omni Charlotte to be friendly and accommodating. Thank you for reviewing us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Harrisburg, North Carolina
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel last Saturday and had a great time. The room was nicely prepared and inviting. We had a corner view room with views and sounds of the Epicenter. The lobby was quite inviting and fun as Uptown Charlotte is pretty lively on the weekends. Hotel was well kept and clean even though there were lots of people staying due to family reunions and parties. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you can request a corner view room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We are pleased to read that you and your husband had fun while staying at the Omni Charlotte. If you return please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even more enjoyable.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for one night, working a show at the Mint Museum. I used Priceline to get the room.

King bed, nice view of downtown and I could walk to the museum, restaurants and bars.

Vallet were friendly ($22 a day) and the hotel service was perfect.

Hotel is connected to a conference center so there is shopping and food down the escalator.

Room was small, but very nice.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We were happy with our stay. We stayed one Saturday night. You could hear the music form a local club because it's right across the street, but it wasn't too bad. There are lots of places within walking distance. We would stay again if we needed to.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Omni Charlotte. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and would consider staying with us in the future.
california
Reviewed July 13, 2013

First the good news-- this was my 3rd stay since April. They have a very nice front desk staff. Kudos to the restaurant and room service staff. I like the bed and fluffy white towels. Though not free, the Wifi worked well. Also nice to have a Walgreens and Starbucks a short escalator ride away. Great to stay in the Uptown area-- great restaurants all around and the Epicenter across the street.

The Not-So-Great news-- I had to change my room after night #1 because there was a sound/vibration out the window that went on all night and and I could feel the vibration in the bed. I've never asked for a room change in my life, but this time around I was staying 5 nights on business and it wasn't cheap. Second room also had a sound-- a different one, more like a whirring that would start and stop, but I lived with it. What bothered me most, however, was that Housekeeping didn't show up to my room for 3 days. Very weird as the hotel is usually quick to respond. This visit my phone didn't work properly, and engineering showed up within minutes. Also, internet went out due to weather and a great desk clerk (Robert) kept me informed as to progress.

As others have mentioned, a decor update would be welcome. Also, the mini fridges tend to get stuck.

I liked this hotel enough to stay 3 times, but enough went wrong that I most likely will try a different hotel next trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a quiet area. Sounds really travel in this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
We are disappointed to read about your most recent stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies not only for the vibrations you experienced the first night but also for the oversight from housekeeping during the remainder of your stay. This is certainly not the norm and your comments have been reviewed by our executive team. We do appreciate that you also shared the positive aspects of your stays and we truly hope that we can make the 4th visit into the charm.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The title says it all. I hosted my families 9th reunion in Charlotte. This was our first time with Charlotte as a host city. Previous host cities included San Francisco, South Beach, Atlanta, Coconut Grove. We had simply the best experience at this site. Tracy Douglas and Tracy Gentili helped to coordinate the event. They helped me to stay on budget and yet still give my family an experience they would never forget.

The AV and catering team were top notch. For our evening banquet we rented a tv were pictures were on rotating display using my laptop. The equipment was well maintained and worked flawlessly
We utilized the valet service, among others- Adrienne was simply phenomenal. When we had questions about getting a last minute charter van- she referred us to a man named Boyce Huntley. with Access Transportation. Who the most gracious with his time.

This location can not be beat. During daylight and late afternoon hours there is covered walkway access to the epicentere- movie theater, bars and restaurants are literally right across the street in one small area. Great for the timid, young at heart and those with restricted mobility . Perfect for rainy days. It is one of the few hotels that has an outdoor pool. Allowing those who want to soak up some sun next to the water- to do so as charlotte is 2+ hours from the beach. And perfect for when the kids get antsy and you want to tire them out for a quiet night.

I highly recommend the Pomodoro room. It is a smaller venue but it was just perfect for our size family. It has floor-ceiling windows that overlook the streets of charlotte. We just loved it. Beautiful scenery as we danced the night away. Our DJ was Billie Chambers ('DJ Kash').

Words can not express how thrilled I was with location. I got compliments about the staff and service the entire time for various family members. We will be in Atlanta next year ( as there is a different host family), but I hope it is with the Omni once again.

Thank you once again, We LOVED it!

Room Tip: July 4th fireworks can be seen from room 823.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I booked at the Omni Charlotte to attend a convention. There was a special rate, which was pretty reasonable.
When I checked in online, I decided to treat myself and upgrade to a suite. I assumed it went through, only to get to the hotel and find that was not so, and in fact, they did not have any available. With computerization, I would have thought that should be easy - same as booking! I should have been able to have an answer straight away, especially as only 2 room types were offered to me as a choice! When I got to the hotel, I was given a room on their club floor without paying the extra for it.
The room itself was pretty small - nothing special, and rather drab carpets. I appreciated the room safe, but $6 for a bottle of water? Get some from the vending machine or go downstairs to Walgreen for lots of choice (the hotel is attached to a shopping complex)
Service in the club lounge was fabulous! The lady there recalled my drink preference and kept it in stock. The food available was also tasty and appreciated.
I didn't pay for food in the hotel as it came with the event. What I had was quite reasonable. Catering for a group of people usually means the food is on the safe side.
Checking out was a fiasco - I always want to make sure the bill is correct, with a zero balance, with a printed copy in hand. What happened is exactly why I do so.
Well, they had added an extra $30 per night, even though I had confirmed the rate on check-in! I brought it to the attention of the front desk, but was told they could not do anything till the manager arrived - supposed to be 7 am, but did not stroll in till 7.10 and was peeved because I wanted it resolved straight away. I had an international flight to catch - sorting it out made me 30 mins later than I had planned. I was not impressed, either with the ability to sort it out quickly and gracefully, nor with the lack of a system in place to better handle this. It appears that their booking system is more manual than automated. Luckily, I made my flight.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business