“All Good”

Omni Charlotte Hotel
Ranked #53 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Located in the downtown across from the Epicenter this hotel is very nice. It is a higher end place, and service is what you would expect. Very clean and well decorated. I like the easy access to the Epicenter across the street, connected by a walkway. Many restaurants, bars and more.
Great place to stay if you can afford it.

There are newer reviews for Omni Charlotte Hotel

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were here for 4 nights and even though the rooms could use an upgrade, it was still very comfortable, in a terrific location in downtown Charlotte, very close to great restaurants...try 'Harvest' for breakfast - farm to table, it's good, but, be prepared to wait....
There is a Starbucks & Walgreens on the lower level (though Starbucks is not open on the weekends in this hotel).
The restaurant in the Lobby served great burgers and had a nice trendy bar vibe.
Very close to the theater - we were seeing a show one night.
I wish the beds weren't quite so hard - but the pillows were excellent!
Staff at valet and on the front desk were really excellent. We enjoyed this hotel and would stay again.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are really cool, odd shaped - long, but LOTS of windows!
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was located a block from the Time Warner Arena which saved us from having to find and pay for parking the night of our concert. It is also located just a few blocks form some fabulous restaurants. Staff was helpful and friendly. Down side is it s located next to the epicenter which plays loud live music til after 11:00. Nice room but glad i paid half the normal rate thru priceline.

Room Tip: You should use priceline, name your own price tool.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel is in a prime location in downtown Charlotte, just steps away from the Epicenter, shopping, and restaurants. Our room smelled like mildew, but I noticed there was no bathroom fan, so I'm assuming that this is where the smell is originating from. The outdoor pool is very small, but the area around the pool is extremely large and comfortable. We enjoyed our time out there. The staff was not as friendly as I would have liked. No one was really rude, but no one went out of their way to make us feel welcome either. The front desk staff didn't seem very knowledgeable about interesting things to do in the area. I probably would try another hotel, should I find myself back in this area.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I normally stay at the Hilton in Charlotte, however it was booked/ridiculous price so stayed at the Omni this visit. Rooms are decent sized, include coffee maker, robe & in-room safe --- although some noticeable wear in my room. The location is good & I really liked having the Starbucks & Walgreens in the lower level. Staff at the hotel - front desk & bar/restaurant were southern friendly. Overall - think Omni is a better choice in Charlotte than the Hilton or Westin & will probably stay there next visit --- and considering that I have status at the others (& not Omni) that is good praise.

1  Thank SF94597
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The hotel is situated in a very nice area of "uptown" (downtown). Check in was very fast, cause they have at least 3 people at front desk most of the time. They were very helpful with maps and directions. The fitness room is small, but very nice and kept up. The pool is a big oval, which is not too big and not too small. The pool and area were clean the two times I went down there. The view of the surrounding buidings from the pool at night is awesome, a must see. I was there for a conference and everything from the business rooms to the sweet tea was very good. The restrooms on the same floor as the front desk were always kept up. Security was nice and tight, just the way I like it. There is a Walgreens store just below the hotel along with a Starbucks and many other eating places. The Epicenter is right next door and that is a good place for eating and hanging out. My room was nice and spacious. The furniture was not the latest, but certainly not ugly. The bed comfort was a 3.5 out of a 5, 5 being my perfect mattress at home. The hotel offers $6.00 bottled water, but I went down to Walgreens and bought a 24 case of bottled water for $6.00 and there are ice machines on every floor of the hotel. I was on the 7th floor facing the Bank of America building and the view was very nice. The noise level was not bad in the room, could not hear people talking next door. I ate at the Trade Restaurant in the hotel for lunch (buffett) one day and the food was real good and not expensive either. I walked over to the NASCAR Hall of Fame from the hotel and it was a 12-15 minute walk one way. Every employee that I came across at the hotel were very nice and had a smile to give. The only negative thing that I can say was, one night I was going to use one of the hotel's bath towels and it had long women's hair still stuck on it from previous user. I did not tell hotel because it was not anything big. They have a parking garage under the hotel, but did not see the prices. I did notice that the garage had a high clearance (7' or bigger) for trucks and a special area for big pick up trucks, large suv's and passenger vans to park. At night the hotel in and out was very low key and no issues. I would stay there again.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I actually live in Charlotte. However, we wanted to do a brief downtown stay for our anniversary. We stayed one night in June 2013. We experienced:
- Good services at the front desk and with the valets.
- Nicely appointed rooms of decent size for downtown.
- GREAT LOCATION
- Close to dining, restaurants, nightlife and businesses.
- A retail mall on the property.
- A very nice rooftop pool.

If you can afford to stay at the Ritz-Carlton, go there. Otherwise this hotel is as good or better than any other downtown hotel.

Room Tip: I booked on priceline and got it for about 40% off. Ask for a view of the pool and/or the epicenter.