“Great Location for business or pleasure”

Omni Charlotte Hotel
Ranked #60 of 183 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here for a convention back in Jan. 2013. It was only a few blocks from the convention center so the walk was very easy to do. It is attached to the Epi Center in downtown Charlotte so finding something to eat or drink is very easy as well.

I was in a king executive room. Large and clean. Internet was free due to being part of the Omni frequent stay program.

Hotel also felt very safe with the security features on the elevator.

Room Tip: King Executive rooms seem to be larger.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,218)

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The location of the Omni is wonderful. There's a lot of different restaurants to try. Everything is in walking distance. There's a Walgreen located on the bottom level thats open until 10 pm daily. We loved the corner view from our room on the 12th floor. The dbl room has lots of space and was away from the elevator. The only issue was the loud fan from the a/c unit. There is no refig or microwave in rooms, but refigs can be requested. The Wi-Fi is free if you are a member of the loyalty program. The loyalty program also gets you free water upon arrival, newspaper, and breakfast beverages. FYI: Keep your parking ticket with you when you exit per vehicle. The tix has to be put into the machine when you exit and reenter.

Room Tip: Our room faced the Epicentre and it was wonderful to see the night lights. It was a very nice view...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2013

If you enjoy convenience, this is the hotel for you. One of the first things that really impressed me about this hotel was the communication and check-in process. I made this reservation about two weeks in advance. About a week prior to my arrival, I received an email from the hotel concierge offering assistance in making any arrangements I needed. A couple of days prior to arriving, I received an email allowing me to check-in online. This was great because upon arrival, all I had to do was pick up my room key which was already placed in an envelope by the desk. The hotel itself was very clean. The room was very comfortable with plenty of lighting, seating, and a nice bathroom. The hotel offers room service and has a nice restaurant in the lobby area as well as a bar. The gym has plenty to offer as well. Our server at the Trade Restaurant was most helpful. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet which had cold and hot foods and omelets made to order. The best part about the hotel is that is has it's own walkway from the hotel to the epicentre where most of the night activity is. The hotel was very quiet and after a fun night on the town, we were able to get some much needed rest.

1  Thank Christopher D
Reviewed February 26, 2013

From checking in to checking out staff was very friendly and courteous. The hotel is in the middle of everything we wanted to do so there was no need to drive. Parking is worth it if you get a package deal or just pay for it. It all comes out in the wash. Reservations were taken care of and instructions with a map was informative. We were given a room with a wonderful view...however it was right by the elevator...I should have known better, it was noisy! We took the smaller suite and this was all we need for space and sitting area. Clean and comfy.

Room Tip: Saturday nights are busy. Make restaurant reservations as soon as you check in.
1  Thank Rosa I
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

We are glad you had a great stay at the Omni Charlotte and found our location to be convenient for exploring the Queen City. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

While battling a snow storm to get home, we were delayed in Charlotte for a night, we stayed here. The location was awesome. Right in downtown, we ate at a pizza joint close by that was super good. Such a fun town. The hotel was amazing. The front desk girls were very nice and made small talk. My friend had made the reservations for us and told the desk that we were traveling home from our honeymoon. We were greeted with chocolate covered strawberries and champagne. Totally unexpected. Would love to come back again soon!

1  Thank KristiLuke
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

We are delighted that we could provide you with a great stay as you avoid the complications of a snow storm. Thank you for sharing all of your complimentary words and we look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Had problems booking as their website had a site security issue so i was reluctant to give my credit card details. Visited the site again to book and their rates had increased. I e-mailed to ask them to fix the security issue and honor the original rate but they denied any issue (which was mysteriously fixed a few days later) and refused to honor the lower rate. I asked them to reconsider and although they said they would get back to me, they did not. Once the site security issue had been fixed I booked and stayed 3 nights. Stayed in a Club room and was very disappointed with the quality. The room was tired and in real need of a refurb. I spent 1 night in an executive room at the Holiday Inn round the corner and the Holiday Inn room was much better quality. Major plus for the Omni is its operational staff (clearly not the customer service team who have still not responded). The people were great and very helpful and I would almost go back just for that reason.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Please accept our apologies that you did not receive a response to your reservation concerns. We will be sure to follow up with our customer service team to see what may have happened. We are glad that the service you received on property was exceptional and we hope that we will have a future opportunity to provide you with a great experience from start to finish.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Easy check in after a long day of traveling. Wanted a glass of wine and room service but the limited menu offered nothing I could or wanted to eat. Upon request they brought me a sa
Mon Caesar. I specifically stated I was gluten intolerant and the salad was laden with croutons. Did I want to wait another half hour at 11:00 p.m. For a replacemment? No. I opened the mini bar and wanted to open a bottle of wine but as a matter of policy they do not supply cork screwsin the room and you have to call room service gain for that. No thank you. Oh and the worst, soggiest French fries ever were $8!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Debra C

Please accept our apologies for your experience with dining in your room. We understand the importance of recognizing food sensitivities and will review this with our in room dining team. If you do return, please ask about our Gluten Free dishes. We have several different delicious options. We do appreciate your valuable feedback and hope that we will have a future opportunity to provide you with the great experience that you deserve.