“Nice place, friendly employees”

Omni Charlotte Hotel
Ranked #54 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed February 25, 2013

While battling a snow storm to get home, we were delayed in Charlotte for a night, we stayed here. The location was awesome. Right in downtown, we ate at a pizza joint close by that was super good. Such a fun town. The hotel was amazing. The front desk girls were very nice and made small talk. My friend had made the reservations for us and told the desk that we were traveling home from our honeymoon. We were greeted with chocolate covered strawberries and champagne. Totally unexpected. Would love to come back again soon!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KristiLuke
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

We are delighted that we could provide you with a great stay as you avoid the complications of a snow storm. Thank you for sharing all of your complimentary words and we look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Had problems booking as their website had a site security issue so i was reluctant to give my credit card details. Visited the site again to book and their rates had increased. I e-mailed to ask them to fix the security issue and honor the original rate but they denied any issue (which was mysteriously fixed a few days later) and refused to honor the lower rate. I asked them to reconsider and although they said they would get back to me, they did not. Once the site security issue had been fixed I booked and stayed 3 nights. Stayed in a Club room and was very disappointed with the quality. The room was tired and in real need of a refurb. I spent 1 night in an executive room at the Holiday Inn round the corner and the Holiday Inn room was much better quality. Major plus for the Omni is its operational staff (clearly not the customer service team who have still not responded). The people were great and very helpful and I would almost go back just for that reason.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Please accept our apologies that you did not receive a response to your reservation concerns. We will be sure to follow up with our customer service team to see what may have happened. We are glad that the service you received on property was exceptional and we hope that we will have a future opportunity to provide you with a great experience from start to finish.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Easy check in after a long day of traveling. Wanted a glass of wine and room service but the limited menu offered nothing I could or wanted to eat. Upon request they brought me a sa
Mon Caesar. I specifically stated I was gluten intolerant and the salad was laden with croutons. Did I want to wait another half hour at 11:00 p.m. For a replacemment? No. I opened the mini bar and wanted to open a bottle of wine but as a matter of policy they do not supply cork screwsin the room and you have to call room service gain for that. No thank you. Oh and the worst, soggiest French fries ever were $8!!!!!!

1  Thank Debra C

Please accept our apologies for your experience with dining in your room. We understand the importance of recognizing food sensitivities and will review this with our in room dining team. If you do return, please ask about our Gluten Free dishes. We have several different delicious options. We do appreciate your valuable feedback and hope that we will have a future opportunity to provide you with the great experience that you deserve.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Pros: Very good service, helpful staff, clean, large and comfortable room. Easy parking in garage under hotel, and an easy walk to everything downtown. Very convenient location.
Cons: Room was a little musty smelling and a little dated (not bad, just not brand-spanking-new).

I got a very good deal on the room through an online discount site (the one with Wm. Shatner) so overall it was a great deal, especially compared to other hotels downtown, and the non-discount Omni rates, which are quite expensive.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate your review of the Omni Charlotte and are glad that overall you had a great stay. If you return to Charlotte, we hope you will once again consider us for your accommodations.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Agree with some that rooms are a bit dated and the bar is oddly located (exercise room also not up to much). However it is well priced, well located and completely comfortable.

As a review a few down says the Omni group in general have really cracked the issue of service. I am also a preferred guest (just join up) - and they treat you incredibly well (as I suspect they do all guests.

By the way - never been to Charlotte before - seemed a cool, clean city.

1  Thank JimmyDub

We are glad you had a good stay at our hotel and in our city. Thank you for your compliments of our service and we hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed 4 nights - attending meetings at the conference center down the street. Staff were very helpful - especially at the front desk. Check-in was without a hitch. Staff was very courteous. Room service was prompt and food was enjoyable. Nice perks at this hotel. By joining their rewards program - you get free in-room wi-fi; and free pot of coffee delivered to your room every morning. Short walk to the convention center and the Nascar Hall of Fame. I really enjoyed my first experience at an Omni Hotel. Wouldn't hesitate to stay at another.

Room Tip: Not much shopping in close proximity to the Hotel but there is a Walgreens and some food court type...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

We are glad you enjoyed your first experience at an Omni Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write about it on TripAdvisor and we hope you will think of us if you return to Charlotte.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

This hotel is in the perfect location in 'uptown' (which really is downtown :) ) Charlotte. It has a walkway to the Epicentre and is in a short walking distance to everything. Perfect if headed to a game or concert at the convention center. Some people tend to complain about the simplest things. In reality, are you really spending your whole experience in the hotel room? No. So I am not too concerned about if the decor is really up to date. Having the shops on the level just below the lobby was very convenient, especially if you need something from Walgreens or Starbucks. My friend and I did stay in the Junior executive corner suite for half the price of a regular room at the Ritz and it was perfect! The room and view were awesome. It had windows everywhere and the size of the room was huge.The best part of the room were the beds! They were soooo comfortable and I thought we were going to have to be kicked out since I didn't want to get out of it in the morning! I signed up for the Loyalty Ambassador rewards program before going and was able to taylor the room to my needs. I was also very pleased with the service, especially that of the Loyalty Ambassador, Nicki Morrow. I had received e-mails before and after my stay requesting if I had any questions or concerns to contact her. I did this after I returned home and had noticed I had lost something. I wasn't sure if I had left it in the room (even though I did a thorough check before leaving) and she returned my e-mails right away before and after their search and I truly appreciated it! If your standards are not that of royalty and you plan to enjoy Charlotte, I truly recommend this hotel and plan to stay there again for more girls weekends and a concert in the future!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your generous recommendation of the Omni Charlotte Hotel. We are thrilled that Nicki helped to make your stay more enjoyable and we look forward to sharing your compliments with her. The next time you are in Charlotte we hope you will once again consider us for your accommodations!