Omni Charlotte Hotel
$116
$119
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$104
$109
$89
$85
2,290 results
All reviewsvalet staffvalet parkingwithin walking distancerooftop poolconvention centerlocation is greatstaff was friendlybusiness tripepicenterwalgreensdowntownconferencenightlifeconcertarena
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed for two nights for a company function. Easy location to get to and offered self parking in the garage. Front desk staff was extremely helpful - assisting a couple of us with small printing needs without having to incur the per page office charge of the business center. workout facility was small but I work out early so wasn't a problem ( and they have a gym nextdoor you can use for about $5). Convention crew was also helpful in getting conference rooms set up Phones etc. Room was a little old looking (though I didn't notice while sleeping) and the tub was plugged (taking a shower while standing in water). A couple of folks in our group complained of late night noise (banging type noises) however I did not hear them. overall the service was very good, common facilities were very good, rooms were good.

Room Tip: You need your room card to use the elevators so don't put it away before getting on....
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

We appreciate all of your comments from your recent stay and are glad you enjoyed your meeting at the Omni Charlotte Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and we hope you will return soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I used to stay in the Charlotte omni a lot when in college (10yrs ago). Back then I thought it was amazing. Now? It's just ok. Rooms need to be upgraded. They are just average with no wow factor. Location is awesome though. It is within walking distance to everywhere!!! One night a sketchy guy was found in the elevator... The security guy jumped in the elevator with me and escorted me to my room. He said that guy had been patrolling the area?! What does that even mean?! Why was he allowed to come back?! I was thankful for the security officer and made sure to double lock my doors that night. Just be aware of your surroundings.. Nothing to do with the omni but Charlotte in general.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our hotel. We would like to emphasize that the safety of our guests is a number one priority. We are glad that our security team immediately recognized a concern and escorted you to room. Thank you for the other comments you shared as well and we hope we will have a future opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed there for business and it was totally fine. Nothing horrible, yet nothing spectacular. I arrived early and they did have rooms available for check-in which was nice. The room itself was a standard room. It was quiet, had outlets in the right places (bedside and on the desk), and the bed was very comfortable. The view of downtown/buildings was also nice. While the bathroom was OK overall (just a standard bathroom), the waste basket looked pretty grungy, so then I started thinking about other areas they may have skimped on cleaning.... The only other complaint I have is because I self-parked (I overlooked the entrance for valet - it's a tiny driveway on the front of the building - look hard!), no one ever helped with bags, explained the parking system, etc.
The rate is high because of the location, but it didn't really stand out as a fancy hotel. Just a big hotel in a great location. I'd stay there again if the price was right or if I needed to be in that exact area for an event, but otherwise I'm looking forward to checking out other areas & hotels in Charlotte.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate all of your constructive feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Feedback such as yours allows us to recognize ways that we can enhance the experience of our guests. Please accept our apologies that we missed the opportunity to properly welcome and orient you to the hotel. We truly hope that we will have a future opportunity to provide you with a stay that exceeds all of your expectations.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Was there for a business trip and found the best part to be the location. The service desk told me that if I signed up for their rewards program I would get free wi-fi. They were as good as their word and also left me a copy of USAToday and a coffee in the morning (for signing up). Not sure if this is a one-time event or every time.

Rooms were decidedly average and being in the middle of the city you do hear a lot of ambient noise. The building is quite old but relatively clean so no complaints. Still, it is connected to a lot of buildings at the plaza level and you can find a Chik-fil-a, Salsaritas, and Starbucks as well as a Walgreens.

Personal travel might want to check out other locations as this is probably more business-oriented.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to read about your recent experience at the Omni Charlotte Hotel. We are happy to inform you that the perks you received for signing up for Select Guest are available for every stay you have with Omni Hotels and even get better the more you stay. We appreciate all of your comments and hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I don't travel a lot, just a couple times per year and usually to decent hotels. The rates were average for this level of stay but the service and staff of the Omni were truly stunning! The breakfast buffet alone was worth the price of admission. The downtown location was within walking distance to all sorts of great attractions, once we parked the car we didn't need it again.

The room was wonderful, the king size bed was perfect, the bathrooms were spotless. And again, the staff was amazing. From the concierge to the woman helping us in the parking garage, the whole team was top notch. I've become a premier member and I'll be booking Omni again.

Room Tip: Get the king size bed.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

We truly enjoyed reading about your experience at the Omni Charlotte Hotel and are thankful for all of your kind words. It was our pleasure to provide you with a great stay from start to finish and we hope you will return again soon!