“I like this hotel. A lot.”

Omni Charlotte Hotel
Ranked #43 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Hickory, North Carolina
“I like this hotel. A lot.”
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

This is my second time staying at this hotel - both times for couples weekend in Charlotte. It is very easy to get to and next to the epicenter (use the pedestrian bridge on 2nd floor to get there without having to worry about traffic lights). The room was spacious (we upgraded to a suite) and on the 9th floor. The only weird thing was the couple joining us got a standard room and ended up on the 14th floor. I would have totally gone for the standard room higher up. Word to the wise: bigger may not always be higher.
The staff was great. Because of several events downtown we received a couple of emails warning us of changes in the traffic patterns. (We didn't get that kind of attention at the Ritz where we stayed the next night).
Overall, I was very pleased. Note that prices may drop after you reserve your room. At the ten day prior to arrival ark, there was a $20 price change. (enough to cover the paking).

Stayed April 2012
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlotte Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
We are delighted to read that both of your experiences at The Omni Charlotte have gone so well. Our suites are on various floors throughout the hotel. If you return, be sure to let us know that you prefer a higher floor and we will do our best to accommodate your room and floor preference. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Loved the location, very clean room, great beds. Omni's reputation as a great place to stay is safe here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
We are happy to read that your stay lived up to our reputation. It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed at the Omni for three nights recently (Apr 19-22), and it was a great experience! The location cannot be beat, the service was fantastic, and everyone at the hotel was friendly. Although our room had a strange layout because fo the shape of the building, it offered windows running the full length of a long wall. Unfortunately, our view was of the bank building right next door. But, the daily morning beverage service was fantastic, and anytime we needed extra towels, the staff was there within five minutes! The only issue we had was the iron that was provided with the room was not working, but again was replaced with just a phone call. The water pressure in the shower was great. The hotel has a breezeway that connects directly to the EpiCenter, which plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops! I was very happy with my stay, and it was worth the price we paid. I will definitely be back during my next visit to Charlotte!

Room Tip: If you stay during a weekend, expect to hear some thumping from the music being played nearby.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your complimentary review of The Omni Charlotte. It was a pleasure for us to read how much you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Queen City.
Auckland
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Hi loved Charlotte the hotel was great right in the middle of things good food shops and resturants handy all under cover. The staff were really helpful and friendly would recommend this hotel

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your recommendation of The Omni Charlotte on TripAdvisor. We hope you will return soon!
Jeannette, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night and used Priceline and received a great rate for the stay. The checkin was quick and easy. The front desk was helpful and friendly and I received the King bed I had in my Omni Guest profile.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I had a room facing the front courtyard of the Bank of America plaza. The bathroom had plenty of room, the towels were very nice and the shampoo and such were very good, don't remember the brand. I received a call from the Concierge to ask if I needed anything and there was turn down service also.

The hotel lobby is on the second level and is connected to shopping on the first floor and you can even access the Performing Art Center by going over a bridge over the street. There are plenty of restaurants in the area. I visited on a Sunday so the shopping wasn't available, but a lot of restaurants were open. It is in walking distance to the Convention Center and the Duke Energy Center.

I didn't eat at the restaurant or the bar, but it was also on the second level by the lobby. Checkout was fast and easy.

I enjoyed the stay at this hotel and would stay there again, especially with the great rate I obtained.

Room Tip: If you aren't a member of the Omni Select Guest program, make sure you join before staying. Yo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
It was a pleasure for us to read about your recent stay at The Omni Charlotte and we thank you for taking the time to share what you enjoyed during your time with us. The next time you return to Charlotte we hope you will allow us to once again have you as our guest.
North Texas
Reviewed April 23, 2012

You can walk to many downtown attractions. For an older hotel it is well maintained. The beds and pillows were great.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your complimentary review of The Omni Charlotte Hotel.
Waynesville, Missouri
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stayed here to attend the Mad Monster party horror convention located just down the street. From check in to check out I have only positive things to say about staying here. The room was nice and clean, the service was courteous (someone even brought me a bottle of water soon after check in) and it was quiet and restful. Usually I have back problems if I stay in a hotel bed for a length of time but I had no problems whatsoever!

For it being my first time in North Carolina if I ever end up that way again I willl make it a point to stay again at the Omni.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlotte Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
We are glad you chose to stay at The Omni Charlotte for your first trip to North Carolina. It was our pleasure to provide you with a little bit of Southern hospitality and we hope you will return soon.