“Excellent Stay”

Omni Charlotte Hotel
Ranked #56 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed at the Omni for three nights recently (Apr 19-22), and it was a great experience! The location cannot be beat, the service was fantastic, and everyone at the hotel was friendly. Although our room had a strange layout because fo the shape of the building, it offered windows running the full length of a long wall. Unfortunately, our view was of the bank building right next door. But, the daily morning beverage service was fantastic, and anytime we needed extra towels, the staff was there within five minutes! The only issue we had was the iron that was provided with the room was not working, but again was replaced with just a phone call. The water pressure in the shower was great. The hotel has a breezeway that connects directly to the EpiCenter, which plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops! I was very happy with my stay, and it was worth the price we paid. I will definitely be back during my next visit to Charlotte!

Room Tip: If you stay during a weekend, expect to hear some thumping from the music being played nearby.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thank you for your complimentary review of The Omni Charlotte. It was a pleasure for us to read how much you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Queen City.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Hi loved Charlotte the hotel was great right in the middle of things good food shops and resturants handy all under cover. The staff were really helpful and friendly would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate your recommendation of The Omni Charlotte on TripAdvisor. We hope you will return soon!

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night and used Priceline and received a great rate for the stay. The checkin was quick and easy. The front desk was helpful and friendly and I received the King bed I had in my Omni Guest profile.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I had a room facing the front courtyard of the Bank of America plaza. The bathroom had plenty of room, the towels were very nice and the shampoo and such were very good, don't remember the brand. I received a call from the Concierge to ask if I needed anything and there was turn down service also.

The hotel lobby is on the second level and is connected to shopping on the first floor and you can even access the Performing Art Center by going over a bridge over the street. There are plenty of restaurants in the area. I visited on a Sunday so the shopping wasn't available, but a lot of restaurants were open. It is in walking distance to the Convention Center and the Duke Energy Center.

I didn't eat at the restaurant or the bar, but it was also on the second level by the lobby. Checkout was fast and easy.

I enjoyed the stay at this hotel and would stay there again, especially with the great rate I obtained.

Room Tip: If you aren't a member of the Omni Select Guest program, make sure you join before staying. Yo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

It was a pleasure for us to read about your recent stay at The Omni Charlotte and we thank you for taking the time to share what you enjoyed during your time with us. The next time you return to Charlotte we hope you will allow us to once again have you as our guest.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

You can walk to many downtown attractions. For an older hotel it is well maintained. The beds and pillows were great.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your complimentary review of The Omni Charlotte Hotel.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stayed here to attend the Mad Monster party horror convention located just down the street. From check in to check out I have only positive things to say about staying here. The room was nice and clean, the service was courteous (someone even brought me a bottle of water soon after check in) and it was quiet and restful. Usually I have back problems if I stay in a hotel bed for a length of time but I had no problems whatsoever!

For it being my first time in North Carolina if I ever end up that way again I willl make it a point to stay again at the Omni.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

We are glad you chose to stay at The Omni Charlotte for your first trip to North Carolina. It was our pleasure to provide you with a little bit of Southern hospitality and we hope you will return soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

It's all about corporate icons in Charlotte, and has little if anything to do with being in the old South. Banks is the life blood of this town, its like the Cayman Islands, with the commercial center being distinct, glitzy and isolated from the locality itself. The Omni is set right there at business ground zero, literally within the Bank of America plaza and fountains. The rooms are standard 4 star corporate fare, but the common areas are unique, polished, upscale, and fun. The lobby opens into a mall atmosphere, with a nice lobby bar, and escalator going down into the shops and restaurants, which border on the B of A plaza. Across the street is the B of A conference center, a block further and you're at the concert and arts center that all the corporate money has built. The Omni staff are remarkable in their service orientation, you, you, you is what they are about. I'm not talking just polite, I'm talking a high level of customer service training and discipline for every staff member you meet from the valets, to the desk, the bartenders, even the maids.

In the blocks around the hotel, all the executive class chain food icons are well represented, Ruths Chris, McCormick & Schmick's, the Capital Grille, etc. The atmosphere is like experiencing New York through the imitations of it at Las Vegas. They capture the facades nicely.

Back to the airport, and its what they call "rush hour" with all the commuter flights taking back to New York, Chicago and Atlanta all the business people like me who flew in that morning or the day before. They all want to do business in the town, but not stay overnight, it looks like. If you are going to be overnight, then the Omni is an authentic part of this strange little banking district.

Room Tip: Look at the desk clerk's name tag when you first walk up to the desk, then greet them by name an...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

We were thrilled to read that you found comfort in staying at The Omni Charlotte. Our goal is to make each guest feel special and well attended to and we are thrilled to see this reflected in your review. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about the service at this hotel, especially the valet service. These young men were quick, personable and professional, the best I have experienced at a hotel. The hotel staff was likewise, professional and friendly and truly made me feel welcome and appreciative of my stay at the hotel. Everything I asked for when making the reservation was honored when I arrived...high floor, city view, extra towels. My check in process was the fastest I have ever experienced. This hotel is serious about it's customer service. If you are a member of their rewards program, you get free wireless internet and to me that is a big plus. There are no coffee pots in the room, but complimentary beverages are brought to your room each morning at your specified time. To me, that is much more enjoyable and definitely more sanitary than the cups and pots that are never cleaned in other hotels. The one thing I would suggest is to begin a renovation of the appearance of the hotel. Walking down the hall to our room, the doors were badly marked up and dirty looking. It just looked very worn. Our room was very clean, but was beginning to show a lot of wear. The tub had been "patched" where the porcelain had worn off and the caulking was beginning to look bad. Even the telephone looked very old and discolored. This is a great hotel in a great area. It is at the Epicenter and there are lots of excellent restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel. I managed to get what I thought was a great rate, and if I could get that rate, would definitely stay again. but I hope there are plans to make the hotel itself as beautiful as the people who work there.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Thank you for all of your valuable feedback both positive and constructive regarding your recent stay at The Omni Charlotte. We are continuously making enhancements to the hotel and your comments assist us with understanding where to focus our efforts. It was a pleasure to read how well you were treated by our associates and we hope for an opportunity to once again welcome you as our guest.