1,055 results
All reviews nascar hall of fame convention center shuttle service within miles mile radius complimentary shuttle walking distance parking garage complimentary breakfast two blocks self park bank of america stadium clean rooms convenient location nice hotel oatmeal excellent stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited 3 different cities & this was our 3rd & final Hampton Inn. I asked for a quiet room away from the elevator & ice machine and were given a 2nd floor room, away from the elevator but right across from the ice machine (#202?) which was located just above the parking garage. Amazingly, the room was quiet. When you leave for the garage, you go to the 4th floor and that ice machine was LOUD so I'm glad we didn't stay there. Our room had a weird, unpleasant smell but I don't know from where. There was mold on the shower head so maybe there? The smell dissipated a bit with the a/c on so it wasn't too distracting. The king bed was comfortable but the pillows were smaller than other Hampton Inn standard size pillows but luckily we brought our own. We were invited to wine & food on Wednesday, our 1st night there which was tasty & appreciated. The breakfast was not as nice as the other 2 Hamptons, with little variety -scrambled eggs offered all three mornings, same yogurt flavors. The yogurt & milk were held in an ice bath vs refrigerator like the other hotels which I do prefer for food safety & temperature. Like others said, the front desk staff was super friendly & very helpful every single day which you don't always find in a city hotel so that was greatly appreciated. We didn't do much in downtown Charlotte so we did not use the shuttle but the hotel location was convenient to the highways that lead us to other Charlotte neighborhoods to sample the many craft brews the area has to offer. We used the self-park option which allows for in/out privileges and the garage was well-kept & well-lit. We looked at other hotels in the city before booking the Hampton Inn but this one was the least expensive so I'm glad we chose here.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank BarbaraAndPaul
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I did not have to walk far from my work. Hotel was clean and had nice service. For the price we paid I found it to be a good value.
It had a small little gym and a small breakfast that was OK. Fast checkin and Fast Checkout. I liked that it was quiet although close to everything.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The friendliest staff I have ever seen in a hotel. We were headed to a concert for my daughter's 11th birthday. They helped us with transportation around town when the roads were closed due to a festival. Upon returning to the hotel, the front desk asked my daughter how her concert was, told her she looked very pretty, wished her happy birthday, and gave her a treat for her birthday. She loved the special attention.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2019

This place was a quick $10 Uber ride from the airport. It's located just on the outskirts of downtown tight across the street from the NASCAR Hall of Fame. It's walking distance to food and local attractions including the Stadium and the Arena. The rates were good and the rooms were commutable. The free breakfast was decent. The free local shuttle was a plus. There was a good amount of noise from the streets and from adjoining rooms.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 6, 2019

From the time we got there the valet personnel was very courteous, we then entered the lobby were we taken care of in a quick and professional manner. Our room was ready and very clean. My daughter was graduating the next day we were told that there was a shuttle that would take us anywhere within a 3 mile radius fortunately for us her school was within the limit. The next day we started with a great breakfast and then shuttled to her graduation. Our stay overall was great. Al was our driver he was awesome.

• Trip type: Traveled with family