“Awesome”

Hampton Inn Charlotte - Uptown
Ranked #9 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Was really good...only eating place next door was Buffalo Wild Wing...but if you walk you can go other places downtown....parking is a minus...but they do have a shuttle that will take you within three miles around up to 11pm...they do have a hot breakfast....rooms and lobby are really nice and secure....will stay again...very peaceful and good area...

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tjefferson02

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Very good facilities, reception was extremely helpful especially with cabs, directions and providing a late night snack. Great hotel for business travelers to stay in uptown. Room are very clean and has complimentary Wi-Fi. Good deal for a Hilton honors member.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Krishna R
Reviewed February 10, 2014

When first looking for reviews before my stay, I was unable to find any that related to the Jacuzzi rooms, much less the Couples Massage Package that was offered with the room (at a fee of course!) Well, I must say, I was pleasantly surprised after booking our room and hoping for the best.

We arrived around 1:45 and our room was ready to go. We entered our Jacuzzi suite (on the 10th floor) and were immediately surprised and happy with the end results! There were candles everywhere for our enjoyment later in the night, the jacuzzi tub was clean with champagne glasses awaiting the Chardonnay that was already being chilled in the ice bucket, there was a "fireplace" on the television screen flickering to set the mood, and the bed had a huge heart made out of silk rose petals. It was beautiful and well worth the money. After checking out the room, we proceeded a few blocks to the city center and walked amongst the streets looking at museums and restaurants. There weren't any places to "shop" but it was a beautiful day, so we proceeded to walk around until dinner time at E2-Emerils Eatery (which is also FABULOUS!) After dinner, we retired to our room where we awaited the arrival of our massage therapists. The massage was approximately an hour in length and the therapists were very professional and respectful. I enjoyed the stay immensly and the room, staff, and hotel as a whole was great!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank huntersmama
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I always stay at this hotel when I travel to Charlotte. Hotel staff is always friendly and helpful. Great value for the money and convenient to all downtown activities. If you don't feel like the short walk (or if the weather is bad) the free shuttle is great!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Rhonda H
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The room was nice, clean, and reasonably priced. The location was awesome- it was close to everything. Valet parking was easy and convenient. The front desk clerk was very helpful and gave great directions. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank RecentEmptyNesters50
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Person that checked me in wanted me to wait until 3 pm to check in, we arrived around 12 pm not really expecting to check in. When I mentioned I was gold... the more mature, seasoned employee working the other check in area said, let me check and see if there is a room available and called housekeeping and found me a room right away. She was awesome and I wish I had her name. Blond hair and smiles all the time and was working on Saturday and Sunday. There was a large volleyball tournament happening in Charlotte and we could hear folks next door (young women very loud) that woke us up in the morning around 6:30 am. Our pillows were really bad. One night, not good sleep but not a real issue. One women in the breakfast area was amazing. Others no eye contact, no smiles, seemed miserable. Fitness Center way too small, way too hot. Really needs work.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We were driving from NY to miami. We stopped at this hampton, and I must say i was very impressed. Rooms were very clean, the breakfast was great and the hotel at night was very quiet, so we definitely got a good nights sleep. I def. recomend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family