“Nice, clean and friendly”

Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd.
Ranked #28 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Raleigh, NC
“Nice, clean and friendly”
Reviewed June 2, 2007

My husband and I booked a weekend at the Hampton Inn Arrowood so we could go to Carowinds (without the kids!). We were also looking for a romantic getaway so we booked the King Jacuzzi suite. Overall, the hotel was very nice. It was situated in a quiet business park area, with trees and nice landscaping. It was just a few exits from Carowinds; very convenient. There was a Ruby Tuesday's restaurant across the street. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The lobby has a seating area with leather sofas, decorated in a wild animal theme - which was the decor theme throughout the hotel. Beyond this was a large room which overlooked the pool area with tables and chairs for eating breakfast. Our suite was very large! It was essentially an apartment. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The pillows had a down feel. The bathroom was enormous! We were disapointed with the jacuzzi tub, though, it was not as large as we had hoped. It was essentially a large bathtub with jets, not meant to accomodate more than one adult comfortably. Not like a "hot tub". The shower had good water pressure and a massaging showerhead, which we appreciated after being jostled about on roller coasters earlier in the day. The breakfast was your standard help-yourself "continental" with bagels, muffins, juice, etc., and they did have some microwavable omlettes and stuffed biscuits (think Hot Pockets). The whole breakfast area was very clean, and the staff was busy making sure nothing ran out. Overall we thought it was a good value, and we would stay again.

• Stayed June 2007
2 Thank FunFamilyRaleigh_NC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
greenville, sc
Reviewed April 15, 2007

I needed to stay in the general area of this hotel and chose the Hampton Inn based on positive Trip Advisor reviews. My overall experience is a resounding "blah".

I booked via Hilton's website and requested an upper floor room. For the first time in years of Hilton.com booking, this request was not honored. I was assigned a room on the ground floor; then, I was told to remove any valuables from my vehicle as a car had been broken into the previous night. I appreciate the candor. Yet, EZ access crime is why I request upper floor rooms. The front desk staff was very prompt in reassigning my room when I asked; however, it should have been recognized on reservation request notes.

The room itself was in relatively good shape. The dated bathroom was not. The corner of the shower was moldy. This bathroom has clearly only been exposed to quick surface cleaning. This is simply not acceptable. Wallpaper was peeling. There were a total of two bath towels.

This hotel hits the low end of the Hampton Inn standards. I would neither recommend this or visit it again.

Stayed April 2007
Reviewed February 19, 2007

We recently stayed at this Hampton Inn for one night while traveling through Charlotte. I chose this particular hotel after reading the reviews here, and because I was able to use my HiltonHonors points for a free night here, and I was glad that I did.
The hotel is located in a nice location that is very close to the interstate. There is also a Wal-Mart and other shopping and restaurants very close.
Upon check-in, we were greeted right away and check-in was very easy, even using my rewards certificate.
Our room was just right. We had a king bed with plenty of pillows. It was very comfortable, and probably one of the best nights sleep that I've ever had in a hotel. The room was very clean, and had lots of room.
The bathroom was also nice size and the shower/tub had the curved shower rod that I love!
The staff was very friendly and we didn't have any problems at all during our stay.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to others, and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if ever in the area.

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank UGAFan0829
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed January 20, 2007

This Hampton reflects well on the entire Hilton family of hotels. The property is in a good location...it's easy to get on and off I-77 and I-485 from this location. The young man that checked me in was very nice and helpful. My room was a two room suite on the 7th floor. The room was very well maintained and clean.
In the morning the lady working in the breakfast area went out of her way to say good morning to everyone there.
This property is 10-15 min from the airport by hotel shuttle.
I will be staying at this hotel when I visit Charlotte again.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 10, 2006

I rented a spa suite for a surprise for my sweetie. The suite was HUGE and I was pleased with the service. The hotel is very convienient to everything. I would definately stay here again!

• Liked — The cleaniness
  • Disliked — No room service
  • Tips/Secrets — Make sure you grab something to eat before you retire for the evening.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
Reviewed August 7, 2006

Our family of four stayed here for a trip to Carowinds, and had a great time! We had booked a good AAA rate online, but when the person checking us in found out we were there to go to Carowinds, he gave us an even better rate they give to park guests. I was impressed he did that without our prompting. The suite itself was HUGE - biggest suite I've ever seen in a chain hotel. The facility is new and in good shape. The pool is nice, breakast was okay - I've seen better - but it was free and there was plenty of food for everyone. I'd definitely recommend this location for anyone making a trip to Carowinds.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank BubbaJean
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2006

First off on-line I was told bill would be 113.39 when I checked out bill was 115.38 front desk said it was because of hotel tax was more. Walked into room a/c was noise the cover was off on the right side I pushed it back and noise stopped. T/V to small and far from bed. No Microwave oven in room. Couldn't use pool two ducks had it yes (TWO DUCKS) the plastic owls were no help and pool had poop in it and around pool deck. And there were a lot of FEATHERS in the pool. The best thing about the room was the (BED) If I was to rate this hotel 1-5 I would give you a 1 I forgot something why would some one be mopping the floor at 8:30pm in the stairway?????? Are room backed up to the Stairway. I did tell the clerk at the front desk about the a/c cover and a leaking bathroom sink and the bill but over all I don't think she could care less.

• Stayed June 2006