“Excellent room--odd breakfast”

Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd.
Ranked #33 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Clean, well appointed room. They are going the extra mile on bedding and washing of comforters, etc., which I appreciate. Definitely would stay here again because of that, but wouldn't bother with their breakfast unless I was really in a hurry, since it's a little odd--thought I pullled a typical breakfast sandwich out to throw in their microwave, but discovered it was pancakes (sort of) around eggs and sausage, then found the coffee was lukewarm and not great.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Keith E, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd., responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for your recent stay and for your feedback for our hotel. It’s our goal to provide excellent service and great accommodations and we are glad that you had a wonderful experience. Regarding your concerns with our breakfast, we just started our breakfast renovations which will eliminate the microwave breakfast and we will offer scrambled eggs, sausage patties/links, bacon, biscuits and gravy and fresh hot oatmeal.

I will share your positive feedback to the team regarding the service and cleanliness of the hotel hotel and thank them for displaying Hamptonaility at its best.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Men, if you expect to eat breakfast, go to the Ihop near the hotel. The breakfast here, in my opinion is not breakfast. I feel the with the 100% Satisfaction guarantee, this location could do a better job.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Keith E, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd., responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear guest,

I want to thank you for your recent stay and It's our goal to provide every guest with outstanding service and accommodations to include breakfast. I apologize that this wasnt the case during your recent visit. We value your feedback and regarding your concerns with the hot breakfast, we are in the process of upgrading our breakfast with the new breakfast offered by Hampton's which will offer more variety of items. We actually have all of the equipment and the renovation is expected to start next week (January 10th) and should last approx 2 weeks after which we will offer scrambled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, bacon, potato wedges and hot oatmeal.

If you should be returning to the area, I would love the opportunity to show you that your concerns were addressed and invite you to our new breakfast and offer you a complimentary upgrade to a suite for a future stay.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We just spent two nights at the Hampton inn on Arrowood rd. This was a great hotel. We had a king suite and this room was awesome. We had a full size refrigerator, cooktop and a dishwasher. The bathroom was the size of my first house....lol. My only complaint was that the bed was a little hard for my liking, but I would definitely stay here again in the future!

Room Tip: The suites are awesome.

Dear valued guest,

I want to thank you for your recent stay and for your wonderful feedback for our hotel. It’s our goal to provide excellent service and great accommodations and we are glad that you had a wonderful experience. I will share your positive feedback to the team at the hotel and thank them for displaying Hamptonaility at its best. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and again, thank you for your wonderful input on your recent stay

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Just left our 2 day stay for our New Years Eve party. The hotel was very clean and the entire staff was Great! Everyone was so friendly. First hotel we have been to recently that everyone actually looked like they enjoyed working. Hope we have our party there again next year. Thanks

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I am from Charlotte, so I'm quite familiar with the city. I currently live elsewhere, so our holiday trips now mean an overnight or two in a hotel. The hotels in and around the Southpark area are increasingly more expensive, so we decided to try the Hampton Inn on Arrowood Rd. (We joked with my family we were practically staying in SC but I felt like we could stand anything for just one night. . . .)

WHAT A SURPRISE when we arrived at the hotel in record time (only 10 minutes from our family). Not only was it convenient and easy to find, but we were so pleased with everything else at the Hampton Inn on Arrowood! First and foremost was the exemplary service provided by the front desk, especially RaShawna. We arrived tired and worn from the day and RaShawna was so helpful to us in making sure all of our needs were met.

Our rooms were in a wonderful location and they were very clean and quite comfortable. Our room even looked onto a creek and not some parking lot. The price was excellent and the best thing was the convenience -- we really were only ten (10) minutes away from my family home.

I'm not looking anywhere else from this point forward -- our future stays will be at the Hampton Inn on Arrowood.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear valued guest,

I want to thank you for your recent stay and for your wonderful feedback for our hotel and staff. It’s our goal to provide excellent service and great accommodations and we are glad that you had a wonderful experience. I will share your positive feedback to the team at the hotel and thank them for displaying Hamptonaility at its best.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I was very pleased with my recent weekend stay, the customer service was "Outstanding". From the moment I checked in until I checked out the staff was very friendly and helpful. Ra'Shauna, went above and beyond to assist me with checking in and any questions I had regarding shopping, local restaurants and nail salons in the area, etc.. She also assisted me scheduling shuttle service, fixing latch on closet door, before I could return to my room after going out for a few hours, she let me know that the closet door was repaired. You don't find customer service like this very often, Ra'Shauna was very professional, friendly and provided "Outstanding" customer service.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank J L
Keith E, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd., responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I like the property and the area, I was just pleasantly surprised that my room did not have a fridge or micro. We were staying for 4 nights and finding a place to store food while we were there for Thanksgiving was very hard. Each morning around 8am or 9am we were awoken by the sounds of the housekeeping attendant voices and slamming of guest doors that were already vacant that housekeeping were going in and out of to clean or check. The staff was very friendly! after 2 nights our room sheets were not changed, we were told that they would change it after the 3rd night stay?? why? when we are checking out on the 4th day? went down one morning for breakfast and twenty min left before closing they were out of EVERYTHING!! when asked the attendant stated "she could not put out anymore food, because it was almost time to close" so we had to go out to find something to eat.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Benezena W

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your recent stay and apologize for the problems you encountered relating to noise associated with the closing of guest room doors, breakfast replinishment, replinishing the linens during your extended stay and micro-fridges. It’s our goal to provide excellent service and great accommodations

After looking into your concerns regarding the noise, I wanted to let you know that I have addressed the noise issues with our housekeeping team and purchased door stoppers so the door wont slam and limit any noise from housekeeping and looking into your concerns regarding the breakfast, I followed up with the breakfast staff to ensure that the items are fully stocked at all times.

In regards to your concerns on the replinishment of your bed linen, as part of the Green process and water consumption we have a Linen replinish card that is hanging on the towel rack and on extended stay nights the housekeeping department will replinish the bed linens on the 3rd night unless the card is placed on the bed. I do apologize that you were not aware of the green process and the linen card.

On your concerns relating to the micro-fridges, we are in the process of ordering additional micro-fridges and will have a unit in every room within the next month. I have followed up on your concerns regarding your extended stay as well and ask that anyone with a fridge request going forward be upgraded to a Suite until we receive the new units.

I would like to thank you for bringing your cocerns to our attention and I wanted to let you know that we have addressed all of your concerns.We look forward to seeing you again in the future and again, thank you for your wonderful input on your recent stay.