“one night stay for a night at carawinds”

Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd.
Ranked #26 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a last minute trip to Carawinds for our anniversary. First the fact that they offer shuttle service both from the airport and Carwinds is a huge plus. Second we arrived earlier than check in, the person at the desk said she did not have a room that was ready yet, so she upgraded us to a suite. The room was large (with a full kitchen) and had a large bathroom as well. The bed was large and very comfortable. When we woke up the next morning we were expecting the same ol' continental breakfast that most hotels offer and were suprised that they offered hot sandwiches (at least out of the microwave). Not only would I recommend this hotel to everyone who wishes to come to Charlotte, but would definitely stay here again when I come back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith E, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd., responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear valued guest,

I want to thank you for your recent stay and for your wonderful feedback for our hotel. It’s our goal to provide excellent service and great accommodations and we are glad that you had a wonderful experience. I will share your positive feedback to the team at the hotel and thank them for displaying Hamptonaility at its best.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future and again, thank you for your wonderful input on your recent stay.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Very nice Hamton Inn located in a very nice area. Rooms and beds were great and the hotel was very clean. Staff was very nice and accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was the only part of our stay that did not meet the customary high marks for a Hampton Inn. The dinning area was large and well laid out, but may of the breakfast entrees were packaged, not prepared on site as is normally the case in most Hampton Inns we have stayed at in the past. Over all a great place to spend the night. Many resturants in the area for dinner a plus.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The hotel was nice and the staff was helpful. Close enough to everything but far enough away from city traffic. The only issue is that the A/C unit did not stay on all the time. It would come on every once in a while and wake us up with no way to keep the fan on for "white noise".

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2013

once again we enjoyed a pleasant stay at Hampton, clean room, comfortable bed, courteous staff. Breakfast not quite as good as other Hamptons, but OK. Location was very convenient. Jacuzzi worked and was welcomed.

Dear valued guest,

I want to thank you for your recent stay and for your wonderful feedback for our hotel. It’s our goal to provide excellent service and great accommodations and we are glad that you had a wonderful experience. I noticed that you had concerns with the breakfast but I wanted to ensure you that we are in the process of updating our breakfast to add more hot items. I will share your positive feedback to the team at the hotel and thank them for displaying Hamptonaility at its best.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The rooms were very nice, the service was excellent, and the building including rooms were clean and first rate! The cleaning staff was very friendly and vey efficient.

Three individuals stood out: the breakfast or wait staff for the morning were very accomadatin at helping, providing, and keeping the area stocked and clean, Quindell & aAretha. At the front desk, Ra Shauna was very professional, friendly, and extremely helpful.

I cannot say enough @ our stay, (my wife and I and another couple in another suite), @ this hotel. We will stay again and again @Hampton Inns and this one was exceptionally nice for our 4 day visit to Charlotte for the Nascar October Race.

Room Tip: Try the Whirlpool suites, they are fun! Sit out by the pool and chill!
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Hotel is worn and could use some updating. Property is not well maintained especially the interior (lobby and elevators). Check in staff were pleasant. Breakfast area was not kept clean although there was adequate staff on hand to do the job. A/C in room was very loud. Not up to Hampton standards that I have come to expect.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Keith E, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd., responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us. We are currently in the process of updating some of our public facilities and grounds including our A/C units, and are putting forth tremendous effort to make sure it remains that way. Also, I have reviewed the proper cleaning protocol with the breakfast staff and so that others will not be impacted as you were. This is definitely not the service that we pride ourselves on providing. Thank you for your compliments towards our front desk staff it is very much appreciated.

If you are ever returning to the area please give us the opportunity to show you that your issues and concerns did not go unheard.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I travel all the time all over the US, mostly on business and I always stay in Hampton Inns. I was very disappointed in this particular inn, Dirty elevators, dirty bathroom,,,won't stay here again. The breakfast was really bad, nothing like other Hampton inns. I have stayed at other Hampton inns in the Charlotte area and they were nothing like this one. Hilton Folks you need to check on this one.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Keith E, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd., responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear guest,
I want to thank you for your recent stay and apologize for the problems you encountered with the both the breakfast and cleanliness of the elevators and bathroom. It's our goal to provide every guest with outstanding service and accommodations and I apologize that this want the case during your recent stay. After looking into your concerns regarding the bathroom, I wanted to let you know that I have addressed your concerns with housekeeping and put some additional training practices in place so that others are not impacted as you were.
Regarding your concerns with the hot breakfast, we are in the process of upgrading our breakfast with the new breakfast offered by Hampton's which will offer more variety of items. Regarding your concerns on the elevators, we have already scheduled for both elevators to be resurfaced and detailed.
If you should be returning to the area, I would love the opportunity to show you that your concerns were addressed and corrected and would offer a complimentary upgrade to a suite for a future stay.