“Very nice place for the value”

Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd.
Ranked #20 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
“Very nice place for the value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed for a few nights here to check out Charlotte as our next home.The hotel was clean and the staff was courteous. Breakfast choices left a bit to be desired but the waffles were good. We stayed in the suite with the kitchen, well worth the extra $.

Room Tip: Get the suite, worth the extra couple of bucks
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith E, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd., responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your recent stay and for your wonderful feedback for our hotel. It’s our goal to provide excellent service and great accommodations.

I wanted to follow up on your concerns on the variety of breakfast items available, we are currently in the process of upgrading several breakfast items which offers a wider variety of options

We are glad that you had a positive experience. I will share your positive feedback to the team at the hotel and thank them for displaying Hamptonaility at its best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Schoharie, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

The hotel was beautiful, location perfect, the noise awful. I wasn't able to resolve the problem either night I stayed. I called down to lobby/security three times the first night. On the second night I called and got someone the first night, no resolution. Again that same night at 2am we had a problem and no resolution.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your recent stay and apologize for the problems you encountered relating to noise. It’s our goal to provide excellent service and great accommodations

After looking into your concerns regarding the noise, I wanted to let you know that I have addressed the noise issues with our secruity team and we have put actions in place so that the problem is corrected immediately.

We are glad that you had brought this to our attention and I wanted to let you know that we have cor the issue related to noise distrubances I will share your positive feedback to the team at the hotel and thank them for displaying Hamptonaility at its best.

Lincolnton, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

The hotel was absolutely beautiful, the room we stayed in had everything we needed. The bed was so comfortable and the room was very quiet! We actually used the room for both business and just a little getaway. We did a boudoir shoot for a client and the look of the room was perfect. Since we had the room for the night we stayed and enjoyed our time. We will definitely be using this hotel again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your recent stay and for your wonderful feedback for our hotel. It’s our goal to provide excellent service and great accommodations and we are glad that you had a wonderful experience. I will share your positive feedback to the team at the hotel and thank them for displaying Hamptonaility at its best. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and again, thank you for your wonderful input on your recent stay.
Bedford, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd.is a great place to stay. The people are friendly, the rooms are very comfortable, I stayed a week and had NO problems at all. Their breakfast is top notch, it's easy to navigate the city from this location. Bed was the most comfortable ever, all amenities provided, including a computer room with fax, and they made me feel like a celebrity.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and I hope I get to go back and stay there again! Great View of a little woods and the swimming pool too, right in Charlotte! My suite had a Jacuzzi and a shower, microwave, refrigerator, two TVs, (one with VCR) and three telephones (also a dishwasher and cooking utensils which I had no need to use)

Room Tip: I was lucky enough to have a suite near the elevator and ice machines, they might give you a similar...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I've stayed at this particular location three times in the past couple of months. Both times, I've had a late night check-in and early departure, so I was mostly looking for a clean room, a comfortable bed and a cup of coffee in the morning. This hotel fit the bill perfect each time with a bonus of earning Hilton HHonors points along the way.

I did use the fitness center one stay and found the equipment well maintained and the center adequate for basic fitness needs with an elliptical and a treadmill. Additionally, the wireless internet worked well in the fitness center which was an added plus.

The only bit of criticism I have is that the front door of the hotel is locked late night and early morning. I went out to load the car and left my key in my room around 5am one morning. The front door of the hotel was locked and I had to call from the outside of the hotel five times letting the phone ring many times before the front desk attendant woke up or made it back from whatever they were doing to let me in. Granted, I was certainly at fault for leaving my key in the room, but nevertheless, the front desk attendant should be available 24 hours a day so as to not leave people outside in 20 degree weather with no way to get in.

Nevertheless, my stays were across the board more than comfortable and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

This won me over to Hilton and this is from a longtime Marriott customer. I was quite impressed by the rooms, furniture was modern, marble counter top for the bathroom sink, shower a bit small though but very clean. Spacious bedroom and living room. Nice TVs in the bedroom and living room. The Kitchen had no cooker and there was no standard size Fridge, so I would not recommend it for a family outing.

Location is great, at the end of a cu-de-sac, so away from traffic, there are lost of nearby restaurants too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

As a typical Hampton Inn customer, I made the reservation for this location due to a business trip. The $132.00 AARP rate seemed a bit expensive for the location. It is right off the interstate and was very convenient to my training location so I settled for it. Upon arrival the check-in clerk did not provide the typical explanation on the breakfast location and times, etc. Found this a bit odd. I did ask if they had any restaurant recommendations and they provided a one page, 2 sided list of restaurants grouped by distance away from the hotel and in the same directions. There were many to choose from and were very accurate. I did patronize one of them the first night.

Arriving in the room, it had a smell and after 15 minutes, I phoned the front desk and requested that I have another room. Smelled like they had some type of aerosol spray they must have used and it just did not agree with me. They indicated I could immediately come down and get the new key.

The second room was on the 6th floor and was quiet. Had no major problems with the room itself the first 2 days of my stay. More on that later. I did stop in the lobby to get a cup of coffee from their dispensers; and it was cold. Thought this was a bit unusual.

The first morning breakfast did not agree with me as there was no serving of hot foods. They had prepared sandwiches, etc. in a small refrig and you had to nuke it. No premade oatmeal, no eggs, etc. I experienced this in only 1 other Hampton Inn in Kentucky and that location indicated it was a local law that buffet style open food containers were not permitted. No signs of that in this location. They did have the typical cold things, cereals, make your own waffle, fruit, etc. I again tried the regular coffee in the breakfast area and again cold. What is up with this? Now I had a full cup of cold coffee and nowhere to dispose of it. The service kitchen area was closed, appeared no one was there. I had fruit and went on with my day.

The second breakfast I did make myself oatmeal by adding hot water to the mix from the package and then nuked it in the microwave. The coffee this day was hot; yea! Breakfast the 3rd day was skipped and just took the bag and go route instead. Coffee was only lukewarm this morning.

On Friday morning, I got up and headed to the bathroom to be surprised with about a dozen or so small little black bugs crawling around in the sink basin. I flushed them all down the drain and killed 2 others coming down the walls. This shocked me. I later talked to my wife and she said they had started the night before when she had gotten up to use the bathroom about 1:00 AM. She too said she had to flush them all down the drain.

When I checked out, I indicated they should enter a maintenance order to check for the bugs. They wrote it down but there was no apology for the mishap; no offer of their 100% satisfaction guarantee made. I did not want anything in return, nor expected it, but it just seemed that the desk clerks were not trained in the typical things expected and provided at virtually every other Hampton I stay at.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business