“Nice Place to Stay in Middle of Everything”

Courtyard Charlotte City Center
Ranked #53 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Burlington, North Carolina
“Nice Place to Stay in Middle of Everything”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I live in different cities and I visited him in Charlotte during the week. We used rewards points through Marriott for our stay. My husband thought he had made our reservation but I showed up without one as he had not hit "confirm" on the reservation. They got us set up quickly. We are gold status and although we didn't get an upgrade they gave us late checkout (until 3pm). My only complaint was the limited bar (I only wanted a vodka sour) but their coffee/bar/cafe is limited. Overall great place, quiet, and nice place to relax for a day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
jewelsnicole,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard. I hope you and your husband had a great time in Charlotte! I’m happy to hear our staff was helpful and accommodating with your reservations. I greatly appreciate your feedback and apologize for your disappointment with the limited bar. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you and your husband will have another opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Sherry McWherter, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Was there for a company meeting, the staff were great along with the food. Only problem with the stay was when I checked in they gave me a room with someone in it already,quite the surprise to each of us.Elevators very quick.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Renee B, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Kevin O
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to have had you stay with us while attending your company meeting. I’m glad our staff provided you with great service and quality food. I sincerely apologize that you were assigned the same room as another guest and hope our staff responded quickly to rectify the situation. We value you as a guest and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thanks again for writing.

savannah
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My 4 night stay was excellent. The entire hotel is first rate. Although I did not eat in the restaurant, the wait staff in the bar area were very professional, friendly, and made the after hours are real enjoyment.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Noble-D,
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad to hear that your four night stay with us was excellent. I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed our property and wonderful staff. We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us again. Thanks again.
Austintown, Ohio
Reviewed March 19, 2013

In most of my reviews I mention the Positives and Negatives to whatever I am reviewing,This time I have not one negative thing to say and I serioulsly doubt I can put into words what a great stay this was.I believe this is the very first time I have ever stayed at a Courtyard by Mariott so I wasnt sure what to expect,We travel with 2 disabled sons and a lot of the time people are less than understanding.(however I've noticed that in both the carolinas people tend to be far more kind) We were on a return trip from orlando,Charlotte is about half way,My eldest son,is autistic and loves parades,and if we missed the St Patricks Day parade we would most likely have a hell trip by a frustrated 300 pound boy,we chose this location because it was right on the St Patricks Day Parade route.We pulled in at 10:30 after being in the van 12&1/2 hours and exausted.There were 2 handicapped parking spots right in the check in turn around and the staff told us we could just park there all night so it would be easier for us,What a blessing!!! in a few short minutes we were in our room.The room was spotless the bed was super cozy and the shower head actually had pressure(pet peeve).We called the desk and they gave us a number for food delivery.The next morning we called down to the bistro and they fixed us up a huge breakfast..it wasnt room service we had to go get it but they really hooked us up.11:am was getting close and my boy was really getting anxious about the parade and becoming a little difficult.I was doubting that i was gonna be able to contain him throughout a 2&1/2 hour parade and being we was parked on the route we couldnt just drive out,Being noone could come in or out of the check in turn around the staff let us maneuver the van sideways in the turnaround facing the street with full view of the parade enabling us to keep him comfortable and happy through the entire event.It really took a potentially hard day and made it a good one and we are grateful. While watching the parade I noticed the staff in and out of the building mingling with other patrons,taking photos for them,interacting with them,I even saw one young man that worked there hoist a little boy onto his shoulders so he could see the clowns on bikes.They were not just kind and accomodatng to us they were that way with everyone..Point blank,,They are Excellent at what they do and I am both thankful and impressed.I would also like to acknowledge Yvonne who I believe was running the show.You are Amazing and my next letter will be to Mariott letting them know....Would I reccomend this place to anyone visiting Charlotte..NO..I would recommend it to EVERYONE VISITING CHARLOTTE...WELL DONE!!!!

Room Tip: My Tip...Book it!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Eric H,
Thank you for taking a moment and sharing your experience with us at Courtyard Charlotte City Center. We're delighted to hear from you and learn of your wonderful visit with us. I'm pleased to know that our staff was attentive to your needs and welcoming to you and your family. I enjoyed reading your review and appreciate you letting other viewers know of your time spent with us. I'll make sure to give Yvonne a special commendation for your kind comments about her service. We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us again. Thanks again for writing.
Sherry McWherter
virginia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Moved to the Courtyard from the Res Inn a couple of blocks away. Courtyard was very accommodating with last minute reservation. The hotel is nice, it is a Courtyard. The Courtyard brand as gone through a revision lately, no real restaurant for breakfast buffet of old -- but a "Starbucks" counter with a "takeout" menu of muffins etc. This new version means they no longer supply the free coffee service in the lobby that Courtyards always had. Just stayed one night, but not a fan of having to pay $5 for a large starbucks when a standard coffee service would have worked for me.

Heat/AC unit was very loud...we turned it off as much as possible and I wore ear plugs to sleep through the night.

There is a Panera down the block that we used for breakfast and lunch. Lots of options within 1-2 blocks.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
trimtabvirginia,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your recent stay with us at Courtyard. We appreciate you staying with us, and we're glad you had a nice, pleasant visit. I apologize for the a/c unit being so loud. We will look into this straight away. I'm glad you chose to stay with us, and I hope you'll return soon.
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The rooms are about as nice as you'll find at the regular Marriott down the street plus you save on parking and get free wifi.. Staff are all professional and helpful and the location is great! If you're attending a conference at the convention center, stay here and save a few bucks without feeling like you're "cheaping out."

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
cyshift,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us at Courtyard, and we're glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for letting other travelers know of our great hotel. Should your travels bring you back to our area, we hope you'll stop and visit us again.
Florida, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Have stayed here a couple times. On the positive side, this is a great downtown location for a Courtyard hotel. The staff was friendly and very helpful, and the room was quiet. On the negative, there was black mold growing in the bathroom all around the roof. In comparison to the other downtown Marriott, which is a few blocks away, the other Marriott is roughly the same price and much nicer. I never had any problems with cleanliness at the "real" Marriott downtown, and the TV is larger, and the facilities are nicer. If it hadn't been for the mold in the bathroom, I would have rated it a 4-star, but I would still recommend the real Marriott over the courtyard.

Room Tip: Check the bathroom first for black mold. If you find it, ask for another room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
zDirk,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you as a valued guest. I apologize for the housekeeping issue, and I'll make sure to take care of this situation immediately. We welcome you to come and visit us again the next time you're in Charlotte as we hope to show you our improvements and provide a more positive experience. Thanks again.
Sherry McWherter