Courtyard Charlotte City Center
  • Pool
$139
$116
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$104
$167
$151
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
$109
$89
$85
All reviewsgreat locationwithin walking distanceparking garagefront deskruth's chriscourtyard by marriottroom was cleanoffice buildingstreet noisehigh floorking roomnight lifecentral locationroom servicewould stay here againstayed one nightcoffee maker
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Spent two nights in this Marriott in the dead centre (center if you prefer in North America!) of Charlotte. There for a business meeting and found the business facilities good.
Room was excellent and well serviced. Shame wi-fi is not free on guest floors although it is on ground level.
One meal in the Sports Bar was ok although their take on a Cobb salad was a new one for me and not to be repeated.
Breakfast was so so in an uninspiring environment and that day the restaurant was being closed for a refurb. Oatmeal as it is called (or porage as we call it) was burnt to the bottom of the tureen -ugh!
A good place to stay at a good rate - just needs to focus a little more on details.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2013

After many trips to Charlotte, first one to this hotel. Location is very convenient to busines venues, staff was very helpful, having the little restaurant (very familiar at other Courtyards) is especially helpful for early morning and late night arrivals.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Bay_Area_traveler_1,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard. We're glad to have had you as our guest, and we're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Charlotte. Safe travels.
Sherry McWherter, General Manager

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was impressed with the quietness of the rooms, the comfort of the bed, the clean bathroom, room and hallway - and the concierge lounge. The gentleman who runs the lounge in the evening was happy, helpful and all around a good guy. We had a meeting there and the meeting room was set up each day nicely, the food we had for meals and snacks was set up beautifully, the people managing it were kind and helpful. We had the usual working lunches and they were able to come in and unobtrusively gather and take care of us so we could keep moving forward on our business needs. My only disappointment was on both days when I went back to my room at 430p housekeeping had still not been in to clean. I had plenty of towels and things, but specially the second day it would have been nice to have them vacuum. At 5pm I heard them in the hallway - but I was trying to get ready for our working dinner and didn't have the time to let them in. I'm sure it works for the hotel - but they have 3 hotel bars - 2 of which are smoking. The one that isn't doesn't have the "good" menu of food or wine, so when asked they brought us the "other menu" - but in what looks like an empty restaurant and bar - we had to wait for quite a while for the 8 of us to get our meals. Perhaps the other smoking bars were full and that's what took so long? The food was EXCELLENT! Everyone was happy with their meal once it arrived.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

David Gallico, the desk manager made all the difference during our recent stay. Not only was he ready with recommendations for dinner and activities, but when we returned from a day out he was truly interested in hearing how our day was, what we did, how our meals were. I have never received such sincere service. Whatever we asked for, his answer was yes.... he made all the difference in our weekend experience.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jc760
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were expecting a bit more from this hotel than we got. It has a very nice lobby and the rooms were nice, but just a bit worn. Our bathtub tap was out of the wall about 2 inches and the room didn't always get the cleanest. The main floor eating area was pricey and closed early. The pool that I told was heated, was not in fact. My kids swam for about 5 minutes and only because they were determined to get to swim, but they both came out blue with teeth chattering. The location was good for us, but I wouldn't choose this hotel again if I were to return to the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family