“Very nice with exceptions”

Comfort Suites Charlotte Northlake
Ranked #84 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Bettendorf, Iowa
“Very nice with exceptions”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very nice hotel, clean, friendly front desk, friendly an efficient housekeeping. The downsides are very slow internet and just a fair breakfast. I would stay here again but I had to link up to my iphone and use LTE for useful fast internet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came to visit Charlotte as we are considering moving here. Unfortunately we arrived very late that evening but the gentleman who checked us in was very nice and helpful. The room was very clean and spacious, the bed was heavenly and we had a whirlpool bath. The jets in the tub didn't work but Emily was nice enough to move us to a room with a working whirlpool the next day. The only complaint I have is the breakfast selection. It could use a little more variety. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and will definitely return before the move.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank NaturallyYaya
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed one night after a late afternoon arrival in Charlotte and found this hotel to be adequate. The desk clerk was extremely nice and helpful recommending a restaurant nearby for dinner. The hotel is undergoing some remodeling but did not interfere with our stay at all. My only complaint was the bedspread on the bed. I cringe every time a see that as most hotels have eliminated dirty bedspreads. The breakfast here was adequate. Would stay there again for a one nighter before or after a flight.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny A
West Palm beach
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Second time that we have stayed here in the last couple of years. This visit was just as good as the last, and you cannot beat the value. The rooms are large, quiet, and the staff goes out of their way to be helpful. We had business meetings nearby, and they started quite early. The breakfast at this hotel was really quite good, and we were very happy that we did not have to spend time searching for a resturant first thing in the morning. The waffles, fruit, bacon and excellent coffee
was a welcome change from many lesser offerings. We stayed on the top floor in the back, and there was a beautiful wooded area that my wife and I enjoyed viewing. Just a nice bonus.

Room Tip: Ask for the 5th floor, on the end, woodland side
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Paperman87
Texas
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was a perfect place to spend our last night of a 2 week road trip....clean, crisp sheets, spotless unit, good security....and an amazing breakfast included in the $$! We watched cable tv, rested, slept like babies.. thank you, Comfort Suites!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank txstransplantnomore
Concord, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Unfortunately I found this hotel to be more like a motel. The room that I stayed in was so filthy and the odor was so grand I had to move to another room. The pool was dirty to the point the staff advised me not to let the kids swim until they had it cleaned. The housecleaning staff took it upon themselves to help steal my 7 yr.old daughter Kindle Fire after I left it in the room. And the hotel manager then advised me he did not appreciate the fact I contacted corporate. He also told me after several attempts to get this matter resolved that he did not appreciate me for slandering his hotel. I had to file a police report

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lpike60
Claverack, New York
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel several times over the years, our most recent stay being 3 nights from the 16th-18th of May. The rooms and hotel in general have always been very clean. Service is good and the staff friendly. Breakfast is good but with somewhat less variety then other hotels in this chain. The area is nice and being next door to the mall means that restaurants and stores are convenient. We visit the Charlotte area once a year and this is our preferred place to stay. Our only complaint is that the pillows are rather poor. Not much body to them. If your are particular then I suggest you bring your own if possible. Don't know if others are available on request.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Larry F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlotte North
Fairfield Inn Charlotte Northlake
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte North
Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake
Comfort Suites University - Research Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Huntersville

Been to Comfort Suites Charlotte Northlake? Share your experiences!