The Ballantyne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $185/night.

$129
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$139
$149
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
$80
$137
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

$181
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsgallery restaurantgolf course viewbeautiful hotelseparate showersoaking tuboutdoor pooldaughter's weddingroom servicelobby barbusiness meetingthe entire staffsouthern hospitalityparking lotspalodgeconciergeslippers
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Perfect for all seasons and all occasions. I've enjoyed being here for day trips, short and long overnight stays, spa, lounging and etc. Looking forward to coming back for more! Lovely, lovely place!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
TheBallantyne, General Manager at The Ballantyne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear sheila w,

Thank you visiting our hotel on multiple occasions and for sharing your feedback. We’re delighted you have enjoyed your experiences, as we work diligently to provide our guests with genuine hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed here for a quick birthday trip. My husband had let them know it was both of our birthdays and had them get a flower arrangement and champagne for the room. Both were lovely. We went to sit in the lobby lounge in the evening and ended up staying for a light meal and drinks. The bartender Jessica was so wonderful and accommodating. She even surprised us with a small birthday treat. She made me the most amazing dessert martini of her own creation. It really was a highlight of the trip. We were able to enjoy the whirlpool and grotto pool in the morning followed by in-room breakfast which was fantastic. Overall, it was a great trip, and we enjoyed our nice quiet room very much.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda H
TheBallantyne, General Manager at The Ballantyne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear AmandaGrace,

Thank you for celebrating your and your husband’s birthdays with us at The Ballantyne. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Thank you for your compliments regarding Jessica and the dessert martini, indoor pool facilities, room service and accommodations. It was our pleasure to make your stay memorable, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I've stayed at Ballantyne at least a couple of times a year for the past five years or so. As a Platinum SPG member, I've been upgraded more than half the time and the suites are very nice. They have a private living room with a pull out sofa, and a separate bedroom, each with a balcony overlooking the golf course.

The rooms are very modern, the bathrooms spacious, clean, new.

I've always had good service, the staff is very pleasant and friendly. One year, they asked for my children's names, and when we got back from dinner, had custom pillow cases with each of their names on them. A few years later, and my kids still have them and talk about that hotel.

The pool is very nice as well. I've never been there when it's crowded. I like that my kids can play and splash around without feeling like we are disturbing anyone, and when I've been there alone, it's very peaceful, a nice spot to relax. There's a bar at the pool as well, and wait staff come by frequently to take orders.

I took my girlfriend this past year and she spent a few hours in the spa and said the massage and services were wonderful.

I also like the location. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. There's also the golf course, which I've played about a half dozen times. It's a nice layout, never have played it when it's crowded, so pace of play has been good. Some fun holes, not overly difficult but a nice challenge.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Scott G,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge. We appreciate your kind words regarding our rooms, attentive staff, pool, spa, location and golf course. Our entire team is committed to providing our guests with exceptional service, and we’re delighted you have consistently experienced this. Thank you for sharing your feedback, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed here with my wife in a suite to get away for a night. The hotel room furnishings are impeccable and the bed was extremely comfortable. We ordered room service breakfast in the morning and it was delivered very quickly and was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Even President Obama stayed here for the Democratic National Convention in 2012.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MLEEUNDERWOOD
TheBallantyne, General Manager at The Ballantyne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear MLEEUNDERWOOD,

Thank you for visiting us at The Ballantyne and for sharing your feedback. We are delighted that you and your wife had a wonderful stay and appreciate your kind words regarding our accommodations and room service. Our staff works diligently to provide our guests with remarkable stay experiences. Thank you for recommending our hotel, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Our organization chose the Ballantyne Hotel for a business event with 120 guest including executives of notable German and American corporations.

The Ballantyne event team did an excellent job - well organized, very flexible, friendly, and experienced. The food and wine was great, the service professional and discreet, and the whole event was very smooth.

It was an extraordinary experience for our guest and our organization as well. The feedback was nothing but positive and we will definitely return to the Ballantyne for future events.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank GACC S

Dear GACC S,

Thank you for choosing to host your corporate event at The Ballantyne and for taking the time to share your positive feedback. We are pleased that you and your guests had an extraordinary experience and value your compliments regarding our staff, food, wine and overall flow of event. Our team at The Ballantyne strives to provide our guests with memorable meeting and stay experiences, and we look forward to partnering with you on future events.