I've stayed at Ballantyne at least a couple of times a year for the past five years or so. As a Platinum SPG member, I've been upgraded more than half the time and the suites are very nice. They have a private living room with a pull out sofa, and a separate bedroom, each with a balcony overlooking the golf course.
The rooms are very modern, the bathrooms spacious, clean, new.
I've always had good service, the staff is very pleasant and friendly. One year, they asked for my children's names, and when we got back from dinner, had custom pillow cases with each of their names on them. A few years later, and my kids still have them and talk about that hotel.
The pool is very nice as well. I've never been there when it's crowded. I like that my kids can play and splash around without feeling like we are disturbing anyone, and when I've been there alone, it's very peaceful, a nice spot to relax. There's a bar at the pool as well, and wait staff come by frequently to take orders.
I took my girlfriend this past year and she spent a few hours in the spa and said the massage and services were wonderful.
I also like the location. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. There's also the golf course, which I've played about a half dozen times. It's a nice layout, never have played it when it's crowded, so pace of play has been good. Some fun holes, not overly difficult but a nice challenge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ballantyne, a Luxury Collection Hotel by Marriott, Charlotte welcomes guests with gracious service, elegant accommodations and abundant amenities. Explore the spa, seasonal outdoor pool, indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, tennis, golf, fitness, exquisite dining, 24 hour room service, afternoon tea and leisure offerings. The Ballantyne features beautiful hotel rooms, a lovely cottage and The Lodge at Ballantyne, a 35 room group retreat. Meeting and event planners are invited to view meeting and event facilities with spacious and picturesque outdoor venues, on-site group activities and creative culinary offerings. The Ballantyne is located within nine miles of SouthPark and Carowinds and within 18 miles of Uptown Charlotte and Charlotte Douglas International Airport. In addition to its great accessibility to Charlotte’s impressive recreational and entertainment offerings, the hotel is set amidst shopping, dining, retail and the thriving Ballantyne community. Guests enjoy a complimentary shuttle within one mile and access to many dining and conveniences within walking distance and even more within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your The Ballantyne, Charlotte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ballantyne Hotel Charlotte
- Ballantyne Hotel Charlotte
- Ballantine Resort Charlotte