a first class hotel, with amenities that would rank with the best hotels in the world for less than half of what it would cost to stay in a big city. a great place to relax and get away from it all, the lobby is gracious and feels like a private club with large leather chairs grouped for conversation with beautiful light filtering in from the wall to ceiling windows going up to the mezzanine. outside, there is a wide, gracious veranda overlooking the golf course and fountains where you can have coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon and drinks in the evening as well as get served from an elegant bar menu. the rooms are lovely and gracious as well although i would reccomend getting one facing the golf course if you can afford it--the other view is of a busy 4 laned road and a shopping area. everything about the hotel was top notch--excellent attentive service, the interior decor was sophisticated and elegant with fresh flowers (bouquets of easter lillies perfuming the lobby as you walk in), the bathrooms are spacious and marble and the linens are high count cotton, smooth on your skin and soft but not limp. i did not indulge in the spa, the fittness center, the golf or the pool (small and loud but pretty) but they looked appealing. i have paid double what i paid here (approx $250/night) for similar accomodations in hawaii and triple in new york city. if you are in the area, treat yourself and enjoy a good value for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ballantyne, a Luxury Collection Hotel by Marriott, Charlotte welcomes guests with gracious service, elegant accommodations and abundant amenities. Explore the spa, seasonal outdoor pool, indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, tennis, golf, fitness, exquisite dining, 24 hour room service, afternoon tea and leisure offerings. The Ballantyne features beautiful hotel rooms, a lovely cottage and The Lodge at Ballantyne, a 35 room group retreat. Meeting and event planners are invited to view meeting and event facilities with spacious and picturesque outdoor venues, on-site group activities and creative culinary offerings. The Ballantyne is located within nine miles of SouthPark and Carowinds and within 18 miles of Uptown Charlotte and Charlotte Douglas International Airport. In addition to its great accessibility to Charlotte’s impressive recreational and entertainment offerings, the hotel is set amidst shopping, dining, retail and the thriving Ballantyne community. Guests enjoy a complimentary shuttle within one mile and access to many dining and conveniences within walking distance and even more within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Ballantyne, Charlotte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ballantyne Hotel Charlotte
- Ballantyne Hotel Charlotte
- Ballantine Resort Charlotte